Dr. R. K. Steer

Rate Dr. R. K. Steer

Dr. R. K. Steer's Ratings

I had the displeasure of having to deal with this doctor due to the fact that I belong to a health team and if I do not follow their assigned clinics I risk losing my family doctor who is amazing. I had to see him today for pneumonia which I am prone to. He did not access my chart even though I was in my family's doctor's office. I advised him that I have had this issue in the past and normally recieve an antibiotic (which he prescribed) and a cough syrup to calm the cough. He told me I was drug seeking and does not prescribe narcotics. and I should get some over the counter cough syrup and take honey (been doing that for 2 days). He is the reason our health care system is cracking. He leaves me no choice but to see my family doctor on Monday to complete the work he should have done today. This man should retire and I will be following up with my own family doctor to have something done about this.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2014 | flag

I'm new to London and was looking for a Dr. I found Dr. Steer and am quite pleased with him. He is direct and to the point. He may have, what most are referring to as a bad bedside manner, but I feel it refreshing that there is NO beating around the bush when responding to my concerns. HE ACTUALLY TAKES TIME TO LISTEN! That, I find is a rarity in all professions now a days. Dr. Steer's staff was cheerful and helpful. I feel Dr. Steer has it together with is practice and staff. Although his clinic was little to be desired... he has a new clinic that is updated and very nice. Even with this move, I had visited the old clinic where there were boxed items ready to move... not once was my time compromised by this. It was a very smooth transition without putting the patient out.

Submitted May 18, 2011 | flag

Dr Steer is a good doctor who cares about his patients, his bedside manner while it hasnt always been the best has changed in the last year, my daughter had a tear in her esophagus and dr steer had us rushed into the emergency no wait or anything. Dr. Steer has been of great assistance to myself and my children. If I didnt trust him with my life and my childrens life I wouldnt be going to his clinic. I believe he is fully capable, he may make mistakes but who doesnt... doctors arent perfect and they are not mind readers. It is unfortunate that others have had a bad experience because i have not.

Submitted Aug. 4, 2009 | flag

He's been my Dr. for over 10 years now (since I was a young girl) and I've never really liked him. Yes, he is very black and white, but he's got terrible bedside manner. Last year I was pregnant with my first, and while he was mildly helpful, he did a few things that really ticked me off.. for example he told me the gender of my baby without asking if I wanted to know and I had to twist his arm to get a recommendation from him to see a dermatologist a few years back. He never seems to have enough time to see me or my son, so even if I do have questions I forget them because I feel so rushed to get out of there. That being said, he was very good with me when I was pregnant and he's been good with my son so far. While I wouldn't recommend him to anyone, he's good enough for now I guess.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2008 | flag

As a medical professional I find Dr Steer to be arrogant, unapproachable, and lacking in knowledge. In his haste and inablitity to encorporate multifacited health practisioners he risks people's lives. He has missed basic health problems, prescribes many drugs without followthrough. he has endangered my parents and myself. He is slow to perform basic tests for patient concerns and often overreaches his place by performing procedures he is unqualified for. his licence should be revoked and he has been reported to the college of Physicans more than once. He lacks basic bed side manner, his office in unequiped and dirty. His nursing staff are unprofessional and should learn how to take a blood pressure, (no laughing "oops I need to learn this") HIs office staff are scared of him and lab reports are often reported over the phone and have been wrong mulitple times (wrong patient same name) Beware of this clicic. Time to close his doors and save everyone the hassle and unpleasentness.

Submitted May 16, 2008 | flag

Awful doctor. He just keeps perscriping the same stuff for acne and nothing is getting better. When I complain about this he just give me the same stuff again. Don't use him... Find a real doctor.

Submitted April 24, 2008 | flag

We appreciate the puntualness of Dr Steer and find him responsive to our medical needs.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2008 | flag

My name is Sandy, I have no problem posting this as I feel that if you have something to say then do not hide behind the anonymous. Dr Steer most definitely says it how it is, he does not sugar coat anything. I think we have all had negative experiences with doctors, but I feel Dr. Steer has been more helpful to me and my children than any other doctor. I had a horrible experience with a lost pregnancy and Dr. Steer stood by my side with me, held my hand and literally apologized that this had happened to me, was nothing he did or did not do. Dr. Steer was also the only one who believed I was in labor when the er kept sending me home, he did a test and found that my water had started leaking out, and had me induced that day. I feel that I can talk to Dr. Steer about anything, and he does not make me feel stupid, or wrong for feeling the way I do. Dr. Steer has helped me when no one else could. He has been my doctor for probably fifteen years, and I intend to keep it that way.

Submitted Dec. 24, 2007 | flag

Dr. Steer has been my doctor for 10 years and if I were allowed, I would change in a heartbeat! (I am very distressed by our doctor shortage in London.) He is arrogant, rude and dismissive. He has, at times been short tempered with me and my children. He has ignored many concerns I have raised and treats me like a 'hysterical mother' who is wasting his time. He has even gone so far as to discredit the diagnosis of other doctors. (After a weekend visit to the children's E.R.) My one child has a serious syndrome but Dr. Steer refused to admit that anything was wrong for several months after the birth. I brought the concern up at every check-up and each time he waved me off saying that "things will work themselves out in time" and "babies just do that". He finally 'humoured' me and referred us to a specialist after my husband and I confronted him together. I am frightened to think he may deny someone treatment and his ignorance will cost them their life. He should have retired LONG ago!

Submitted Dec. 6, 2007 | flag

unfeeling. indifferent, cold and I really think that when its your time , its your time to go, regardless of your age. not suited for medicine.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2007 | flag