Rate Dr. William Blake Bowler

Dr. William Blake Bowler's Ratings

Avoid this Dr at all costs. You will have better luck at a walk in clinic. He's working with my Dr part time and when the pharmacy faxed my script refill he cut the dose by 2 pills a day without ever seeing me. The pharmacy had to fax him 3 times and call twice to get my prescription renewed. When I was into see him today I asked him for my prescription again and he said no have the pharmacy fax me. I told him last month the pharmacy faxed 3 times to get my script and his answer was filling refills is not high on my priority list. My medication was set up by a specialist and then they were signed over to my Dr. to maintain. I've called the College of Physicians and even they said he should not have changed my meds without talking to me first. I also went in to see him about my test results from the end of January. The results did show some swelling and 2 lumps and I asked him to refer me back to the specialist because it was over a year and I needed a referral again. His answer was no and he put me on 2 antibiotics again. This is the 3rd time already this year for antibiotics. The College of Physicians have advised me to go to a walk in clinic until I can see my own Dr in May. My advice is stay away from this Dr. , crack fits him well. He has no bedside manners, will not listen to you and rushes you out of his office. Besides all this with doing some research on him and from the College of Physicians he is now using his middle name Blake instead of William. Really makes you wonder why he has to hide under a different name.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2753908].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

This dr, if we dare call him that is one of the worst pompous arrogant dr's that i have ever had the displeasure of seeing. Rude, behind expect waits of an excess of an hour and no bedside manor. As per previous reviews AVOID AT ALL COSTS. He gets very upset if you have any though of your own and a knowledge base behind pharma. in closing a total douche nugget to put it nice.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2752820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

It's sad to see a healthy medical practice that was built up full time over 30 years to see Dr. Bowler come in and destroy it on a part time basis in a matter of weeks. I sure hope that somebody sees the full extent of the destruction this man causes in people's lives and the practice that he's now started working at. RUDE! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2729963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

I exercise (Crossfit), run on a reg basis, dont drink or smoke & eat clean & in better shape than most adult males 30 yrs younger than me. Every time I see him it's groundhog day. What's your diet, maybe you should exercise more....WTF, maybe I need a doctor!! Perhaps if you listened or took notes on your patients that would be a good start. Moved his practice 2x without any notice to patients(out of the City to Lucan then back to London). Got tired of chasing this quack around. He obviously has "other" dreams & schemes that take priority over his practice/patients. He was good for writing scripts as long as you diagnosed yourself, knew what you needed & then convinced him. Bizzare to say the least.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2719505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

Insensitive and a male chauvinist. We got a new family doctor as soon as we could find one. I'm sorry but the cure to all illnesses and issues is not vitamin B and the treadmill. Definitely suffers with a superiority complex. No thanks.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1716522].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2013

Dr. Blake Bowler has a very poor bedside manner and can be quite nasty if challenged in any way. I believe his jock mentality gets in the way of his becoming an effective family physician. Quite frankly he is the worst doctor I've ever had.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1716521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

The worst doctor ever!!! Don't waste ur time. He is going to prescribe u Advil and some rest, ****!! I had to go to the hositapal and they found a dangerous bacteria in my system. I was 4 days at the hospital with medications.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1716526].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2012

I know that I will be leaving this doctor very soon. He is unprofessional in may ways. I always feel not treated right. He does not listen; I feel rushed during every appointment. To get a specialist appointment from him takes long time and treatments with the wrong medications, before he will approve and refer the patient to the right specialist. I always have to argue with him and his staff to get my annual check up that I have a right on once a year (they say that the doctor only does them every two years). I am often treated with few wrong medications before he treats me with the right medication. I feel disrespected and not helped when I need doctors help and support.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1716525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr bowler for about 5 years. I have always hated going to see him since I new he was always rushed...wasn't a good listener... mumbled so I never knew what he was saying... the nurse he used to have was AWFUL! Jane is a great nurse extremely helpful and considerate and Pat (the receptionist) takes some warming up... her depressed demeanor is just her way... she's actually quite nice. I've now gotten used to the way he speaks... fast... and mumbled so I understand what he's saying... I force my questions on him... which forces him to slow down... but he and Jane were really good with my new baby so I decided to stick it out with him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1716520].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2011

My family and I have been patients of Dr Bowler since he opened his practice in London. I agree that he is not quick to prescribe drugs but instead recommends change of diet, exercise and stretches. These things really work. Drugs should not always be the answer but unfortunately most people want a quick fix and are not willing to help heal themselves. I am just as busy as Dr. Bowler so I go in with a list and quickly say what I am there for and not waste any time with chit chat. Time is money for him and I have never found him to be rude or that he did not listen to my concerns. It does take some time to get an appointment and be prepared to wait but I believe that is the fault of our health care system and every dr is the same. His assistant Alice was always helpful and I find the new person just as nice. I agree about Pat that she easily gets flustered but I find if you are patient and friendly with her she is much better.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1716519].votes_count ]]