Rate Dr. William Blake Bowler

Dr. William Blake Bowler's Ratings

It's sad to see a healthy medical practice that was built up full time over 30 years to see Dr. Bowler come in and destroy it on a part time basis in a matter of weeks. I sure hope that somebody sees the full extent of the destruction this man causes in people's lives and the practice that he's now started working at. RUDE! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2729963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

I exercise (Crossfit), run on a reg basis, dont drink or smoke & eat clean & in better shape than most adult males 30 yrs younger than me. Every time I see him it's groundhog day. What's your diet, maybe you should exercise more....WTF, maybe I need a doctor!! Perhaps if you listened or took notes on your patients that would be a good start. Moved his practice 2x without any notice to patients(out of the City to Lucan then back to London). Got tired of chasing this quack around. He obviously has "other" dreams & schemes that take priority over his practice/patients. He was good for writing scripts as long as you diagnosed yourself, knew what you needed & then convinced him. Bizzare to say the least.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2719505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

Insensitive and a male chauvinist. We got a new family doctor as soon as we could find one. I'm sorry but the cure to all illnesses and issues is not vitamin B and the treadmill. Definitely suffers with a superiority complex. No thanks.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1716522].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2013

Dr. Blake Bowler has a very poor bedside manner and can be quite nasty if challenged in any way. I believe his jock mentality gets in the way of his becoming an effective family physician. Quite frankly he is the worst doctor I've ever had.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1716521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

The worst doctor ever!!! Don't waste ur time. He is going to prescribe u Advil and some rest, ****!! I had to go to the hositapal and they found a dangerous bacteria in my system. I was 4 days at the hospital with medications.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1716526].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2012

I know that I will be leaving this doctor very soon. He is unprofessional in may ways. I always feel not treated right. He does not listen; I feel rushed during every appointment. To get a specialist appointment from him takes long time and treatments with the wrong medications, before he will approve and refer the patient to the right specialist. I always have to argue with him and his staff to get my annual check up that I have a right on once a year (they say that the doctor only does them every two years). I am often treated with few wrong medications before he treats me with the right medication. I feel disrespected and not helped when I need doctors help and support.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1716525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr bowler for about 5 years. I have always hated going to see him since I new he was always rushed...wasn't a good listener... mumbled so I never knew what he was saying... the nurse he used to have was AWFUL! Jane is a great nurse extremely helpful and considerate and Pat (the receptionist) takes some warming up... her depressed demeanor is just her way... she's actually quite nice. I've now gotten used to the way he speaks... fast... and mumbled so I understand what he's saying... I force my questions on him... which forces him to slow down... but he and Jane were really good with my new baby so I decided to stick it out with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1716520].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2011

My family and I have been patients of Dr Bowler since he opened his practice in London. I agree that he is not quick to prescribe drugs but instead recommends change of diet, exercise and stretches. These things really work. Drugs should not always be the answer but unfortunately most people want a quick fix and are not willing to help heal themselves. I am just as busy as Dr. Bowler so I go in with a list and quickly say what I am there for and not waste any time with chit chat. Time is money for him and I have never found him to be rude or that he did not listen to my concerns. It does take some time to get an appointment and be prepared to wait but I believe that is the fault of our health care system and every dr is the same. His assistant Alice was always helpful and I find the new person just as nice. I agree about Pat that she easily gets flustered but I find if you are patient and friendly with her she is much better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1716519].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2011

i have been a patient for about 4 years. Agree with those who say dr bowler is to the point and direct. he does not seem especially inclined to engage in a lot of small talk. i have found you need to be quick to describe your ailment and be prepared to handle a quick and speedy diagnosis. whether good or bad, i don't know. my full physucals have gone efficiently and well. no complaints.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1716518].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2011

I was with Dr. Bowler for 4 years and recently had the guts to finally be done with him. This man thinks he is God's gift to everyone. He will not listen to another doctor's advice. He will stand at the door with his hand on the knob, while you are trying to explain your problems and then give you the same diagnosis EVERY TIME! In my case, he couldn't see past my weight and when I noticed a lump growing he kept telling me I was fat. After an infection in the lump landed me in the ER I was given a diagnosis. Which they reported to Bowler. He refused to acknowledge it and said, I just needed to lose weight. Fortunately, I dropped the man, unfortunately, I didn't do it quick enough. The lump is now so huge I cannot walk and I am happy to report my new doctor was so concerned she contacted a surgeon immediately. I will be having it removed soon. DO NOT GO TO BOWLER! He may kill you!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1716524].votes_count ]]