Rate Dr. Kevin Sloan

Dr. Kevin Sloan's Ratings

I was hesitant to go to Dr. Sloan after reading the reviews but I didn't experience anything close to what was posted. The secretary was professional and I was seen right on time. Dr. Sloan was very helpful with my non-cosmetic concerns and even made small chat and asked about my life. He was friendly and thorough, spending time to examine my skin. My only negative comment would be that he didn't knock before entering the room after I changed.

Submitted July 26, 2013 | flag

Very punctual. Was shown into a room and told to sit on exam table. Dr Sloan walked in, spent maybe 30 secs asking me why I was there -- referred by family dr because of two spots that wouldn't heal -- spent most of the time writing notes. Then walked over, turned away from me, and said "close your eyes". When I did he sprayed me with liquid nitrogen in 4 spots -- two of which were the trouble spots. That was it; no explanation; no asking permission to invade my space; no telling what I was to do with these honking big brown burned spots on my face and chest! Come back in 6 wks. he said. OK. Do I trust him the next time? I don't care if he IS the only dermatologist in St. Catharines. This was inexcuseable behavior from a professional.

Submitted March 27, 2013 | flag

contrary to what has been written, I found the office friendly,courteous. The receptionist was friendly and quite pleasant. I found the doctor very nice, a bit uptight, but all in all he knew what to do and took the proper measures to insure a proper outcome. I found him to be rather pleasant. Also one has to remember that he is the only dermatologist in St. Catharines and the wait times will be lengthy. Keep that in mind when your next appointment may be 6 or so months down the road.

Submitted April 18, 2011 | flag

Worst doctor EVER! He performed a procedure incorrectly leaving permanent damage on my skin. I am considering suing him even though I'd rather wish for the damage to be undone...treats his patients like dollar signs...that's it.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2010 | flag

I was referred by my family doctor to check for possible skin cancer and I had to wait 5 months for my appointment. When I got there, the receptionist was very rude and impolite and when I did get in to see the doctor, he really rushed me out of there. I kept asking questions anyway as he stood at the door with his hand on the knob waiting to leave the room, but I still sat down asking more questions (although I didn't get a chance to ask them all). He did take a quick look at my face, neck and back and said "you're fine". He did recommend various cosmetic treatments though which cost a lot of money and aren't covered by OHIP. I wasn't happy that I had to wait 5 months to be rushed out of there in only a few minutes and it sure seemed like my concerns weren't taken seriously at all. Such a shame.

Submitted June 1, 2010 | flag

I had no problem with the Doctor but was quite embarrased and felt ackward when dealing with the receptionist. I felt as if I was bothering her during check in.

Submitted May 17, 2010 | flag

This jerk told me that I had skin cancer & for 4 months I was so worried. He referred me to Dr Peter Young to take a HUGE patch off my neck area. Dr Young wouldn't do something so big & disfiguring without knowing for sure if it was cancer. Guess what, it WASN'T cancer. Thanks God for Dr Young, he could have just removed the area but he said, that even as a plastic surgeon, I would still be scarred from something so large in that conspicuous area of my body. I asked Dr Sloan why he told me I had cancer when I didn't...he said "If I did that to each patient, then I'd be doing biopsies all day". I suppose it's better to misdiagnose people, worry them for months on end, leave it to the hospital oncology department and the plastic surgeon who is booked for surgery to do the simple biopsy. I guess Botox must pay better than biopsies.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2010 | flag

Try to reach the office to change my appointment during business hours for 2 days and was pushed to voicemail. No returned call. Called after hours to leave a message and my call was not returned. I had to send an email for which they called me back 2 days later. The receptionist was extremely rude when we finally talked.

Submitted Feb. 9, 2009 | flag

For being a Dermatologist, Dr Sloan has very little interest in patients with skin diseases. He's more interested in microdermabrasions and botox treatments for wealthy ladies of the Niagara Region. That would be non-Ohip of course.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2009 | flag

I found Dr Sloan to be thorough and extremely kind. I find it hard to believe that so many of you dislike him.His office staff was polite, and called me back within two hours for an appointment with a surgeon. What more do want?

Submitted Feb. 2, 2009 | flag