Rate Dr. Peter Samuels

Dr. Peter Samuels's Ratings

Dr. Samules is a wonderful doctor. I don't see him often, but my wife and children go there frequently. He always fits us in immediately even if it involves seeing him when everyone else in the office goes home. He is kind and very knowledgeable. My only negative would be that there is often a VERY long wait with an appointment. I'm sure that is because he has fit others in (like he fits my family in some days), so I take that in kind. He never pushes medicine on us and always follows up with our issues. I would recommend Dr. Samules to anyone. I would also tell him to cut his hair as well...:)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484209].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2014

Wow where to start? Dr. Peter Samuels has been my doctor since he started in Grimsby many years ago. I have not used him for a few years now because of his pill pushing ways. I have so many stories but I will leave you with a couple. One day I asked him to prescribe a coffee enema and he told me he didn't believe in that and that I should just eat healthy. He would constantly try to push Paxil on me for years, even for non-depressive symptoms. He never could remember anything about any of our meetings, referred to his notes on file (which I could see on his computer and isn't much). Dr. Samuels only looks at you as a consumer and customer, that is all. Over time I figured out that I'm better off using the internet to search through medical journals and information and using my own logic for medical advice. I'm mentally and physically better than ever, no thanks to Dr. Samuels.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1717611].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Dr. Samuels is kind and caring and took time to get to know me personally. He took good care of me during my pregnancy and delivery and now cares for my son. We like him very much.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1717610].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2013

i think his rudeness and lack of care is harmfull,,,he should have been a vet.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1717609].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2012

Dr. Samuels is the best physician we've ever had. He is incredibly smart and competent. He thoroughly discusses your issues and doesn't just throw prescriptions at you to shut you up. Goes above and beyond for his patients when they are ill. Gets referrals done in a timely fashion and actually reads the results when they come back to him. I have never found him to be rude and while he may not display his sense of humour I do not find that to be a character flaw. I want a good doctor more than I want a funny doctor. That being said the more you know him the more his sense of humour starts to show. If you want an honest, competent doctor who genuinely cares about your families health then you should see Dr Samuels.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1717608].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

I find Dr Samuels to be incredibly knowledgeable. He always takes the time to explain things to me which I appreciate. I completely trust him with the care of my one year old which is more than I can say for my previous doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1717607].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

I missed an appointment and was charged $40.00 because of it. I don't like that I have to pay to see a Dr. I live in Canada not the USA. Warning to all he will make you pay for missed visits.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1717606].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

This guy is rude and condesending! He put me on antidepressants and whe I tried to get off of them I had horrible side effects. He told me straight out I was lying and those side effects could not be attributed to the Paxil I was on. I told him I searched side effects for coming off Paxil and there were hundreds of account on the internet of people suffering the exact same symptoms as myself. He tol me I was obviously being obsessive because I googled it on the net. I could go on about the list of rude remarks about this guy forever. I would rather die then see this doctor again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1717605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2011

did not answer questions fully, made to feel like my questions were not a concern, short answers, will not see this doctor again for anything. would rather wait 4 weeks for an appointment with another Doctor, than go back to see him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1717604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2010

Dr Samuels put me on Paxil(anti-depressant)for PMS I was not depresst but got depresst from being on the Paxil and gained about 40 pounds, so his answer was to put me on some diet pills got really sick from the combo he told me it was because I was a young overwhelmed mother of three. Thanks for common sense I did the research my self and found out the combo off both could induce a coma. So I brought this to his attention and his response was COULD WE KEEP THIS BETWEN THE TWO OF US!!! I can’t stand him he almost killed me I was so sick I Could hardly get out off bed. Thank good I'm a young smart Person that can use GOOGLE!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1717603].votes_count ]]