Rate Dr. Hadi Seikaly

Dr. Hadi Seikaly's Ratings

With stage 4 cancer in my tonsils (primary) and in the lymphnodes on my neck (secondary), I felt that I need to tell you of my experience. Although Dr. Seikaly comes across as very caring and compassionate, don't let this fool you. First of all, plan on waiting anywhere from over an hour up to 3 1/2 hours for a scheduled appointment. He is very kind in the examining room and does explain things however he will only give you the surgeons view to make you think that his way is the best way. Don't get sucked in by this and be sure to explore and investigate all your options as Dr. Seikaly does NOT consider what is best for the patient. I felt like Dr. Seikaly and my radiation oncologist were used car sales people and I was stuck in between for 2 weeks as they both said their way was the way to go. Because the surgery would have been so evasive and after seeing the dentist who said that patients come to him and ask to get their throats shaved from the hair growing in there because of the skin graft, that was enough for me to make the decision to go the radiation/chemo route. My radiation oncologist did say that the same results could be obtained but there was a 40 percent chance that the lymphnode on my neck may need to be removed after. Once my radiation/chemotherapy was complete and I had my follow up appointment with Doctor Seikaly who was amazed at the results of my tonsils as they appeared to be completely clear of cancer. He said, and I quote 'this is amazing and don't be telling anyone about this as they will all want to go the radiation/chemotherapy way'. There were other comments that were made at the first couple of appointments that were very inappropriate for a professional. 'If you decide to go the radiation/chemotherapy route, surgery would not be an option after and it would be 100 percent mortality'. Guess what? I did have to have surgery on my neck and I got a second opinion from another surgeon who did the surgery and I am now cancer free. Be aware everyone!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2544686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2014

Dr. Seikaly is the best doctor in the world! I am almost 5 years out of my terrible diagnosis of stage 4 cancer on both sides of my throat. My surgery ended up being about 21 hours because of difficulty. Dr. S. has always been there for me and is a calming factor in my life. He saved my life and continues to help me. I can't say enough about him , he is genuine, and his bed side manner is the best ever! I think on top of everything he has to be the most humble doctor I have ever met. If you are diagnosed with an oral cancer this is the doctor you need to see! On top of it he always makes me feel better and smile!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2515965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

ON April 16th this year 2011, I will be cancer free for nine years. I was diagnosed with stage 3 tongue cancer and underwent a 12 hour operation where a portion of my tongue was removed and a some tissue from my forearm was used to reconstruct my tongue. He saved my life and I am forever grateful. I suffer little effect from the surgery, speak well, can eat anything and have saliva thanks to his pioneering of the saliva gland transplant out of the radition field in order to have saliva and not suffer dry mouth where you end up with no saliva. He is by far the best surgeon and I will be forever thankful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1718374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

I feel am the luckiest person here. I was diagnosed with cancer of the right tonsil and I am very lucky to have the best doctor, Dr. Seikhaly, to help me. He is a soft spoken individual, who takes great care when he is with you. All the people in his office are efficient and extremely upbeat. I haven't had surgery yet but I feel I am in good hands and that gives me the confidence I need.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1718373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Dr. Seikaly saved my husband's life after a 19 hour operation...he was never in a hurry and compassionate and caring. He is absolutely the best Dr. on this side of the world. Thank you Dr. Seikaly

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1718372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2010

Dr. Seikaly is my father's ENT surgeon and I believe he saved my Dad's life. After Dad had been diagnosed with throat / vocal chord cancer, he had 2 surgeries from another surgeon which both failed to remove the cancer. Dad was then referred to Dr. Seikaly - what a gift! Dr. Seikaly's patience, knowledge, compassion and professionalism are outstanding! He took the time to explain the surgery to Dad and I, what to expect in recovery, and all the pros / cons so there were no surprises. My Dad has been cancer free for 3 + years thanks to Dr. Seikaly, and he also managed to save part of Dad's vocal chord so he can still speak. We are so fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Seikaly. Just a note that Dr. Seikaly has a VERY demanding practice and it is not uncommon to wait a few hours past your scheduled appointment time to see him or one of his colleagues. But keep in mind you're waiting to see the BEST!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1718371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2010

a wonderfull,caring,knowledgeable dr.my experience with him has been one od a miracle,he did a wonderful job on me. i cannot commend him enough.he is the best there is and he helped save my life,thanks to my family dr. who recoommended dr.seikaly for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1718370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

Dr Seikaly saved my husband's life. Not only is he a first class surgeon but also a caring person who took the time to sit many times on the hospital bed and explain to us what was happening and why. We are still seeing Dr Seikaly, we could not imagine going to see anyone else. He is without a doubt a world class surgeon and individual.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1718369].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2010

Dr. Seikaly is a most kind and gracious man--a fine manner with patients and very skilled as a surgeon. I am comfortable with the results of his removal of basal cells from my nostril and re-building of my nose and face. He is tops in my rating!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1718368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2009

I couldn't find anyone to do my surgery until I met Dr. Seikaly. He is kind and not arrogant. Best of all he fixed me up! If it wasn't for him, I would be living a life of painkillers.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1718367].votes_count ]]