Dr. Walter Brandner

Grad. Year: 1977

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 24/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Walter Brandner has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2423073
12/09/12 1 1 5 5 Love Dr. Brandner. The wait is a bit long to see him, but only because he takes time with each patient to really understand and help their symptoms/whatever is it they are there for. However, WORST front desk women. SO RUDE. Even on the phone, they will make you feel like an idiot!
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 1494315
23/07/11 2 2 5 5 Love Dr Brandner, even after I moved to Anniston, I still drive all the way to Birmingham to sit to wait to be seen by him!! I've been seeing him for 11 yrs.  Respond
RID: 1485595
13/07/11 5 2 5 5 Dr. Brandner is extremely intelligent and goes out of his way to explain the medicine behind what he is doing. I would highly recommend him.
RID: 1254366
20/09/10 5 3 5 5 Has been my physician for more than 20 years. Very interested in his patients. Wouldn't go anywhere else. But do be prepared to sit for a while in the waiting room.
RID: 1227110
11/08/10 1 1 1 3 He is very slow, will make you wait a hour or more. Dr brandner will schedule you for more than one vist to get more money.
RID: 1188149
12/06/10 4 3 5 5 DR BRANDNER IS AN EXCELLENT DR WHO LISTENS TO WHAT IS GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE. HE IS VERY KNOWLEGEABLE AND ADVISES YOU HOW TO STAY WELLAND GET BETTER .I WIIL CRY THE DAY HE RETIRES!
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 1186778
10/06/10 1 1 4 3 always makes me wait over one hour before getting in room and then another 20 min in room before seeing me.extra billing not done by Dr. Abroms in same practice.
RID: 911845
12/06/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Brandner is great. In the years past the wait was a little long but that has gotten better. The fact that he is taking his time with each patient to do a through job totally negates any irritation about the wait time. I know now what time to schedule my appointments so that my wait is minimal, usually 10 minutes or so with an appointment. He was highly recommended by my Mother who is a Bham area RN and he has been my Doctor since I left my pediatrician almost 15 years ago. He is extremely patient and knowledgeable and he has a hearty laugh and is quick with a joke. I've seen doc-in-a-box Doctors over the years on Saturdays or after-hours and I've never found one, besides Brandner, that actually listened to me about my own body & health..imagine that!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 550832
28/03/08 4 3 5 5 Brandner takes whatever time necessary to make his point and is extremely helpful. He does lose points in punctuality because of his helpfulness but I do not believe anyone would have it any other way. I also appreciate a cuss word from him at times. It makes him human.
RID: 538950
15/03/08 5 3 5 5 wonderful doctor who take the time to explain everything to you  Respond
RID: 267191
08/04/07 1 4 4 Needs to really work on seeing patients on time. Sometimes office staff is not friendly especially on the phone. This doctor also uses cuss words freely which takes away from his professionalism. I do think he's a fairly good knowledgable doctor.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 266370
08/04/07 1 5 5 Excellent doctor. Great patient rapport. He will take all the time you need to discuss your problem(s). If you use him, be prepared to sit in the waiting room a long time because he will take all the time each patient needs to discuss your/their problems. He is very knowledgeable and you will feel well taken care of. Other than the time issue, I highly recommend him.
Paid (or co-pay): $3000