Rate Dr. Greg Buchko

Dr. Greg Buchko's Ratings

Dr. Buchko did ACL reconstructions on both of my knees last year (approx. 6 weeks apart). I found Dr. Buchko to be very knowledgeable about all things knees and on each occasion took the time to take me through the procedure or answer any questions that I had. In this regard, I believe he is superior to many of his peers. I think all of his surgeries are done at the Banff Springs Mineral Hospital, which is an excellent facility in which I received the best of care. Some of the follow up appointments are in Banff, but the travel time is a small price to pay for access to such a great surgeon and facility.

Submitted March 10, 2014 | flag

Dr.Buchko performed Arthroscopic surgery on my knee for a torn meniscus. I went in for my consultation and was scheduled for surgery 2 weeks later. Surgery went well and the recovery was even better. I went to the gym 1 month after surgery and was back to playing soccer fulltime 3 months after surgery. Thanks for everything Dr.Buchko!

Submitted May 11, 2012 | flag

Dr. Buchko and his assistant Roberta are fabulous! Saw him for a consultation, then surgery, and one post-op visit so far. Each time I'm asked if I have any questions or concerns. Dr. Buchko is very efficient and does not use big medical terms to explain things. I had my surgery (ACL revision & HTO) early morning, he checked in to see how I was feeling that afternoon, then twice the following day. Very impressive!

Submitted March 25, 2012 | flag

Dr. B did a great job on my knee. The staff and his OR assistants were all top-notch. I chose to have him scope my knee rather than wait years to have it done in Calgary. Would do it again (hopefully won't have to!)

Submitted April 12, 2011 | flag

I had an ACL reconstruction surgery with Dr. Buchko earlier this month and he was great to deal with, as was all of the staff and the Banff Hospital. They made my first hospital stay and surgery much less nerve wracking than I was expecting. Thank you!

Submitted Feb. 28, 2011 | flag

I thought Dr. Buchko was great. He was very professional and knowledgeable with none of the ego that normally accompanies a surgeon. Dealing with his secretary in Calgary was difficult but Roberta in Banff is fine.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2011 | flag

Thank you Dr. Bushko for the excellent tendon repair that you did on my right elbow. The staff are terrific, and he was so friendly and professional. I had suffered for a year and a half in Calgary, physio, etc with not great results. Finally an MRI showed that I have a small tear which turned out to be tons and tons of scar tissue that had also built up. I finally was referred to Dr. Bushko. He did the operation in a couple of months, it would have taken me over a year in Calgary and I use my right arm constantly in my job. I am still in the healing phase but it is coming along nicely, even the scar looks great. Thank you so much again DR. Bushko. The drive to Banff is so worth it!!!

Submitted Aug. 30, 2010 | flag

Dr. Buchko was absolutely fabulous.My 12 year old son had a complete torn ACL and meniscus.Currently in Alberta there are no pediatric Orthopedic surgeons that do reconstructive surgery. We were looking at having to go to Vancouver for surgery.After explaining my predicament to his office,Dr. Buchko agreed to consult on my son. After reviewing him,he agreed to perform the surgery.The surgery was a success,the rehab. time has been considerably less than normal, even for a child. The surgical site is clean , well approximated . Never had any issues with infection.Dr. Buchko and his staff are very attentive, considerate and knowledegable.I found Dr. Buchko to be very professional and respectful towards his patients.The follow-up on my son has been awesome which sometimes is where doctors tend to drop the ball but NOT in this case.Without a doubt the best all around Orthopedic specialist in Alberta.

Submitted April 12, 2010 | flag

Dr.Buchko was my surgeon at the Springs Hospital and he performed open shoulder surgery which i was quite nervous about coming into the surgery due to only having Arthoscopic in the past. He made the experience very easy to deal with and before my surgery was easy to talk to and answered my questions with out having any concern going into surgery.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2009 | flag

Excellent Surgeon who took a lot of time to explain the options for foot surgery to my mother-in-law and she had tremendous care in the hospital, very good follow-up and great results. We couldn't recommend Dr Buchko more highly!

Submitted Nov. 23, 2009 | flag