Rate Dr. Matthew E. Phillips

Dr. Matthew E. Phillips's Ratings

Dr. Phillips is a very busy doctor and that is because he is great at what he does. I was referred to him by a co-worker with my first pregnancy. I had just started a new job in Montgomery and had always gone to an obgyn in Birmingham. I did feel at times that our appts were rushed and I think he has probably taken on too many patients. Still we love him. My husband was very emotional when our son was born, Dr. Phillips put his arm around him and prayed with him. He was a blessing to us during our pregnancy and afterwards. I had been having post partum depression and kept thinking that I could shake it. Finally 2 weeks after I delivered I called the nurse expecting her to call back. To my surprise Dr. Phillips himself called back and he took 30 minutes to calm me down and tell me what I was feeling was normal. He prayed with me over the phone. I now work in Bham, but I will make the hour drive to appts see him when we have our next child! He is a wonderful doctor and man of GOD!

Submitted Dec. 16, 2013 | flag

Dr. Phillips is the most caring Dr. that I have ever visited! I have 4 children and I would not trust my health to anyone else. His office is very busy which is to expect since he gives individualized attention to all of his patients. If you are in search of a good Dr then the 30 minute wait is well worth the quality of treatment, respect, and caring you will receive from Dr. Phillips.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2013 | flag

Dr Phillips is absolutely amazing. I was referred to him by a co-worker and I'm so glad. He was so personable and takes the time to explain things and answer all your questions. I never felt rushed. I had some issues with blood pressure in the end and had a c-section. Again, he was amazing. I was terrified of having surgery, but he prayed with me before hand and took time to talk to my husband as well. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor. He put me at ease and the c-section experience was perfect from start to finish. I wouldn't have changed a thing. Thank you Dr. Phillips, you were a blessing. :)

Submitted Aug. 25, 2013 | flag

Husband never could come to appointments because he was always 30 min or more behind. At one point in my pregnancy, I was left with a sheet and told to get undressed from waste down at something weeks pregnant. It would have been no problem if I wasn't left anticipating his arrival for 45 minutes. Great guy but the practice is poorly managed.

Submitted Jan. 26, 2013 | flag

Dr. Phillips has always taken time with me, and has never rushed me out of the office. He explains things well, and is energetic and loves what he does. I actually look forward to going to the gyno! I had a high risk pregnancy and he took very good care of me and the baby, prayed with us every appt. I credit that God guided him with our pregnancy and treatment. He is an awesome doctor and I would recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Jan. 3, 2012 | flag

Dr. Phillips is an amazing doctor. He spends the time with his patients, he knows my history. He prays with me everytime before an appointment. He listens to my concerns. I would not change doctors for anything!

Submitted Nov. 16, 2011 | flag

Very good in early years, way to busy now. Not going back to him. I went to anothe doctor and found out instantly I had been suffering from endometriosis for years.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. Phillips was a struggle throughout our pregnancy and especially after. I had some major complications that were scary for me and he never keep up with it. I had to reexplain myself to him each time I went in there and did not feel like he had any empathy for me or my husband. Demanded that I had post partum depression when really it was my frustration and on going fear of Drs. That was cause me anxiety and tears in the exam room. I felt like he spent no time in the room with me, never asked me questions, never acted truly concerned for me. I know he deals with pregnancy all day long, but I don't, so i would have enjoyed some more explanation and care with my first. He does not keep charts and/or refer to them before he enters the room. Way, way too many patients and you can feel it. He bragged one morning that he had 36 patients that morning. I could feel it the way he rushed through me. That is more that 10 an hours. You do the math. I will not being going back to see him.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2011 | flag

Excellent doctor. Seemed to genuinely care about my wife during the delivery of our child. Extremely friendly and went out of his way to make us comfortable. One of the best hospital experiences I have ever had.

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag

Dr. Phillips delivered my 2nd child. I do agree sometimes he is too busy, but that would never change my mind about going to him. He is so compassionate and very good in the delivery room. He wanted to say a prayer with my newborn and my whole family after the delivery. He is a .wonderful man and physician

Submitted Dec. 6, 2008 | flag