Dr. Kenneth Gordon Makus

Rate Dr. Kenneth Gordon Makus

Dr. Kenneth Gordon Makus's Ratings

I really like going to Dr. Makus for my neurology issues. He is very well-informed, humourous, unpretentious, and looks after you. He doesn't just write a prescription and send you on your way - he checks you out to make sure things are the way they are supposed to be and will take the time to explain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598587].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Amazing Dr! I have been seeing him for 10+ years for my epilepsy. I would recommend him to anyone with epilepsy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2526409].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

Finally! A doctor who listens to me. Dr. Makus is thorough. He takes time to listen and explain. His staff are always very kind and caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2518417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

I was diagnosed with epilepsy after a major head injury many years ago but wasn't until the last 2 years it steadily got worse . 2012 became the year nightmares were made seizures slamming my body not stop. tons of doctors and specialists couldn't figure them . I had lost all hope they would ever fix me ... until dr makus called said his colleagues referred my case to him. I had nothing left to lose . within 2 appointments he hospitalized me for observation. Witnessed my seizures first hand and within a few days called me back with my new care plan. He has tried a relatively new medicine for epilepsy and weened me off those horrible dilantin pills . Its been one month and one day since my last seizure a feat I never thought could be achieved . HE IS MY MIRACLE MAKER

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1721930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2013

He is amazing! I struggle with anxiety when on doctor appointment but not one did I feel uncomfortable during my visit. He has a great personality, very welcoming and relaxed. He is very professional, knowlegable, informative and pacient, if he didn't have an answer to a question he would say so and take the time right then and there to find an answer. He takes time to listen to everything that your experiencing before he comes to concussions and is very thorough! I highly recommend him!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1721929].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

Dr. Makus is excellent. He listens to the patient and takes into account subjective complaints when piecing together a clinical picture. If there is a neurologic disorder he will find it. Like mine, many neurologic conditions are chronic and treatment revolves around symptom management as opposed to a cure. This is frustrating for both the doctor and patient alike. If he suggests a patient pray, he is offering that as a possible tool for a person to cope. I appreciate being given ideas - even if they aren't my thing. He has gone way over and above to help me. He contacts my other doctors or my family directly as needed. I consider myself very fortunate to be under his care. Thank you Dr. Makus

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1721928].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

He has been my doctor for about 8 years now and has been great!!! I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was 17 and was seeing another neurologist he put me on some meds but did not watch me on them and over dose me on them, which was not fun at all, the side effects where crazy. So my parents refer me to Dr.Makus since my father was seeing him for other reasons. He has been awesome ever since. Never again was I over dosed on meds, he got my seizures under control (which when I saw him I was having a few every month) He has never given me meds that I cant afford. for everybody who said that he has an ego, never seen it always been friendly and kind, as for his tape recorder, you see that many patients and see if you remember everything!! I dont even want to move, because I don't want to lose him as a doctor, that's how great he is!!!! No ego and cares about his patients and there families

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1721927].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Wonderful doctor! His personality is friendly and calm, I always feel listened to. When I go in for my appointment I feel that I have his full attention and never feel rushed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1721926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

when i saw dr. m. i was in a pretty bad way and convinced there was something wrong with my brain. once it was confirmed that there was (via MRI&CSF), he looked after me very well, and i always felt heard. i was working on a phd when i got sick, and he took my need to maintain a high functioning mind seriously. i returned to ireland, where i study, and have seen many neuro's over here. they are all rubbish compared to him or any canadian doc i've ever seen. eventually i fit the criteria for RRMS, but it's been very disruptive to my life and studies. i will be naming this doc. in my thesis acknowledgments because he was a rock during a very unsettling time in my life. i wish every day he was still my neuro!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1721925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010

Dr. Makus always takes the time to do a thorough check-up and is concerned about what is happening in my life and how I am feeling, not just my physical symptoms. He is always able to answer my questions and respinds promptly to e-mails about my health concerns and medication. I feel lucky to be under his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1721924].votes_count ]]