Rate Dr. Allan Liew

Dr. Allan Liew's Ratings

I recently fell from a 10-12ft roof and shattered my calcaneous (heel). Waited a week for surgery in hospital until swelling went down. All of the orthopedic residents were excellent. Dr. Liew did my surgery June 28th, 2014. Had my first follow-up with him in July. I have never had a doctor/surgeon take that much time with me, patiently answer all my questions and not rush me along. I heard him interacting with others in the clinic that day and he was so warm and kind with everyone. The residents and nursing staff all commented on how lucky I was to have had him as my surgeon. Not completely sure of my outcome yet, long road ahead , but I feel confident that with his skills he will have given me the best chance for an excellent outcome.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498150].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

Dr. Liew is the best doctor I've ever been a patient of. He performed bankart repair surgery on my shoulder in August and my shoulder has been feeling better than ever. Not only did the surgery go very well, but I have met with him numerous times both before and after the surgery and he is extremely patient and took the time to answer all the questions and concerns I had. He was never in a rush to move on to the next patient like I have experienced with many other doctors in the past. I must also tip my hat to his staff as they are all extremely professional and knowledgable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1722988].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2013

Have never written a review before. Saw Dr Liew in fall of 2009 for spontaneous shoulder pain which started May 2008 and kept getting worse. He accused me of surgery shopping. Said all I needed was to work with bands for 5 minutes a day. Turns out I had both a torn bicep tendon and torn rotator cuff which required 2 separate surgeries. Surgeon told me the tears were so imbedded and deep which was reason they didn't show up on MRI. Dr Liew needs to pay more attention to what patient is telling him and not make preconceived decisions.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1722987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2013

I ruptured my Achilles' tendon several months ago and was successfully repair with prompt surgery by Allan Liew. I am back to runnng and sport. Coming from myself who is aslo ansurgeon he is excellent, meticulous and I would consider him consider him the "surgeon's surgeon". That Allan.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1722986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2013

I recently suffered a torn pectoralis tendon. Dr.Liew's staff was very professional and supportive and made the process enjoyable. Dr. Liew took the time to discuss my injury and was very helpful in providing me the information with which to decide what course of action I should take based on my lifestyle (I'm very active). After the surgery - which went extremely well - he took the time to call me that night to see how I was doing. I highly recommend Dr. Liew!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1722985].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

I want to thank Dr. Liew for his professionalism when I was admitted to the Ottawa Civic Hospital last summer. (June 2012). I had an open fracture of the tibia and fibula while playing soccer. My rehabilitation went extremely well. Just after 5 weeks I was able to walk without crutches and 7 weeks after my injury I was able to bike. Now I am back on the soccer field. Again thank you to Dr. Liew and the whole team of the Ottawa Civic Hospital.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1722984].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

I had a bad experience with another doctor who looked at my ACL. Dr Liew was "on my side" and repaired my ACL quickly and did great work. Several years later, I'm 100 per cent, and often have trainers absolutely shocked to hear I had part of my hamstring harvested and ACL replaced. Thank you!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1722983].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

In Jan '12 I dislocated my knee, tearing my acl, pcl, mcl and meniscus. Dr. Liew performed a ligament replacement surgery on my acl and pcl (both allografts) and repaired my mcl and meniscus. 6 months later, I can walk without a limp, I'm biking to work, I can run a little. Recovery is going great! When this injury happened, I had little hope I'd be able to do any physical activity again, but with continued physiotherapy, I'll likely be able to play soccer again next summer. Thank you Dr. Liew!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1722981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

The best doctor I have ever dealt with! Even if he hadn't fixed me perfectly, which he did, I would still recommend him based on his bedside manner. Can't say enough good about him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1722982].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

I had Dr. Liew repair my ACL and I'm back 100% to my sports. It was the second time I tore my ACL but it was the other knee. I had another doctor for the previous surgery and it was like night and day after Dr. Liew. I had a much quicker and stronger recovery after him and felt much more comfortable about the surgery. He was very pleasent and answered all my questions. He had excellent bedside manner and did a wonderful job. Many Thanks

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1722980].votes_count ]]