Rate Dr. Neil J. Wells

Dr. Neil J. Wells's Ratings

I had a serious motorcycle accident 2 years ago and was operated on by Dr. Wells and his team. They realined and wired my broken jaw, repaired and reconstructed fractures in my left cheek area, and put a permanent and semi permanent bolt in both of my dislocated thumbs. The entire operation took 7 hours and I was out of the hospital a little over 24 hours later and well on my way to recovery and working with my hands 7 months later.
I have always been grateful for Dr. Wells' professional and kind manner before and after the surgury as well as the quality work that he and his team performed. At no time has my jaw ever seemed less than perfectly straight and I have had no further problems after the fact. I can't reccomend Dr. Wells and his team highly enough!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

I had extensive surgery done by Dr Wells in June and I found not only his staff very friendly and helpful but him as well. I understood going in that he is a busy doctor and is only in my city on certain days so I made sure that I had all my questions ready for my appointments. Surgery went off without a problem (very happy with the results) and follow ups as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

I would never come back to visit Dr.Neil Wells Office anymore because of very unprofessional and rude behaviour of his receptionist. She does not treat all people same way. Thank you Doctor but you need someone professional and nice there!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1725144].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2014

WCB billed $850. for me to go to NEIL WELLS office, with my seven wrist injuries. I complained that the wait time too long, could a somehow not possibly get a sooner appointment?! The 'manager' there FURIOUS at my request. She escalated my request to an argument :( Dr. Neil Wells refused to actually help me after that. He looked at my wrists for less than two minutes. He then told me he couldn't help me and asked me to leave. I was HORRIFIED. I told him I had seven wrist injuries and was actually there for his HELP! *But that would have affected his success rating and so he just asked me to leave instead. I wrote to St. Paul's Hospital Ethics Committee about this complaint. *They to date haven't bothered to respond. It took me over a year to find another wrist specialist whom did at least trim back the torn ligaments; *Dr. Neil Wells 'decided I didn't deserve' that. J- = JAIL,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1725143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2013

I had implants removed and my breasts lifted by Dr. Wells and he did a fantastic job. I got the implants years ago after breastfeeding and weight gain/loss caused my breasts to sag. They were extremely big and saggy by the time I took the implants out. I am glad to have the weight of the implants gone -- I really noticed a difference when exercising. He is a great doctor. They look wonderful and I am very happy with the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1725142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2013

I fell & broke my jaw in 3 places. One of the breaks was a comminuted fracture. Dr.Wells fixed & perfectly aligned my jaw- it wasn't even wired shut. He went out of his way to inform & warn me of everything I needed to know - including unnecessary orthodontic work. He also took time to explain what sort of damage I had done & showed me the scans/X-rays. He is an amazing doctor. My surgery was performed on Christmas Eve, & I am incredibly grateful & blessed to have been in the care of such a doctor. His expertise, confidence, and genuine nature are so comforting at such an unexpected time & occurrence. God bless.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1725141].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2013

He was a very Confident Doctor also he was very kind and knowledgeable, he was straight to the point. He did what i needed him to do ! and that was to tell my Doctor I require surgery .. I can see why some people may think hes over confident ! lol He is a GOOD DOCTOR and we need more guys like him ... COMPETENT DR> WELLS

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1725140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Dr. Wells was knowledgeable and caring. He was obviously extremely busy but took the time to make sure I understood my injury and treatment plan. I highly recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1725139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

Great guy and great doctor. He has a busy practice and didn't like the delays in the office to see him, but that is par for our medical system. Also didn't feel to prepared for surgery, but that was also my own responsibility. He did a great job and put me at ease throughout, which is what counts.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1725138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011

I just had corrective surgery on my hand due to a previous surgeon's mistakes. Dr. Wells was very kind and knowledgeable. I don't have my cast off yet so I won't comment on my recovery, but my only other comments are that I never got to speak with him after the surgery (he seems very busy), and he seems to be a little unaware of appointment availability. For example, originally he said to me call within the next week and you should be able to book any surgery date you want before Christmas, which I did, and the nurses couldn't book me until January 17th. Other than that he seems to really know what he's doing and I trust his abilities as a surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1725137].votes_count ]]