Dr. Timothy George

Grad. Year: 1993

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Timothy George has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5216322
28/02/14 4 3 5 5 Dr. George has been seeing my children since they were born (they are now 6 & 7). He is extremely patient and kind with myself and my children. When we first started seeing Dr. George it was a small practice. His practice has now grown to include 7 doctors. I like to only see Dr. George for well visits- however we see whomever is available for sick visits and I've never had a problem. Dr. George goes above and beyond to ensure the health and well being of my children- calling to check on them, visiting my son when he was in the PICU (Dr. George was not his Dr- when kids go into ICU the hospital drs take over) I can not say enough good things about this practice. I am happy to have them as my children's doctors.
RID: 5164738
07/02/14 1 3 1 1 I just called Dr George;s office and they just said that they don't set aside time for Consults to see new patients. Crazy! I;ve never had an issue meeting with a doctor to ask them what they practicing philosophy is. The first woman told me that they might not even take patients that are not newborn. That's age discrimination.I also just spoke to one of my friends who is going to be having her first baby and they wanted to charge her insurance for a Consult to meet the doctor to see if he would be a good fit.  Respond
RID: 4748622

05/02/14 1 3 1 3 My son was a patient there from the day he was born. At first I thought " this is this place to care for my child". Then the office became a clinic and I felt I was there every other week with the same complaint. Then test results were lost, I would leave messages and receive no call backs. The staff is horrible to say the least. Once Dr George sold the practice to pro-health seemed to care even less. I became uncomfortable going there or even calling there for advise. I should have listen to several friends of mine who advised me not to take my child to that office.  Respond
RID: 2753074
03/08/13 5 5 5 5 My children have seen Dr. George since they were infants and they are now teenagers. Dr. George has ALWAYS cared and been there for them. He never rushes and always take time to speak with both my husband and I and the children. He is one of a kind and a great doctor.  Respond
RID: 2675482
10/06/13 3 3 3 3 I saw Dr.George in Good Sam hospital after I delivered my first daughter in April 2013, and I decided to stay with him because I liked how patient he was with my questions as a new mom. Now fast forward to my first wellness visit. I didn't get to see Dr. George. The nurse looked at me and said,I have to ask you look like a baby how old are you? RUDE! And then at my next visit, they had no record of her ear screening, and said if we did it again I would have to pay. Then finally I did see Dr.George and it came time for him to examine my daughters genitals, and he didn't wash his hands!! He used a squirt on hand sanitizer,and then proceeded to touch her genitals. He couldn't even take the time to wash properly! I was ready to scream. I wouldn't recommend him, and am now looking for a new predication.
Insurance: HIP
RID: 1678126
05/01/12 3 1 3 3 Dr George's office used to be a good place to take my children, however, it has become very "clinic" like and you never know what dr your going to see. Dr George is great if you ever actually get the chance to see him. Not too keen on the female drs, my advice is don't waste your time.
RID: 1052585
08/12/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. George has been taking care of my children for 10 years. He and his staff are wonderful, caring people. The ladies at the reception desk are patient and courteous and the nurses are very friendly. It is obvious that they enjoy what they do. I am very happy with the care my children receive and I love the fact that Dr. George listens not only as a Dr. but also remembers and relates to the parent side of things.He is the expert on the medicine but I am the expert on my children and he respects that. My children look forward to seeing him when they are sick because they know they will be on their way to feeling better. He is always available and takes the time to thoroughly explain anything you ask about. I highly recommend him.
RID: 1008325

13/10/09 1 1 1 1 My son was 12 years old at the time and he was complaining about a terrible back ache for at least 2 weeks. The doctor offered no specialists to go to or blood work or anything! His diagnose was that my son was just a spoiled brat that was complaining just to hear himself cry.He wouldn't allow ER to admit him. After he collapsed on the floor one day after school in shear agony I finally got help from antoher Pediatrician who immediately ran blood work. The tests showed that he had an infection in his body and that he had to be admitted into Winthrop hosp. There he was diagnosed with cancer. The pain was so excrutiating by that time that they had to practically put him to sleep with a mixture of drugs. Thank God we were seen by Dr. Mark Weinblatt (listed here) that was an angel sent from heaven. My son is now 18 years old and healthy. My stomach turns when I think about the cruel way Dr.(?) George spoke to him. Be very afraid when you bring your children to him and be very alert!
Insurance: GHI
RID: 793269
18/02/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. George is gentle and pleasant. Feel very comfortable being having my daughter in his hands. Great Job
RID: 789909
14/02/09 3 4 5 5 Great listener, always makes himself available. Very knowledgable
Paid (or co-pay): $20