Rate Dr. Darren E. Killen

Dr. Darren E. Killen's Ratings

I love Dr. Killen he is the best ever. I have been going to him since 2006 and it's not 2014. I went to another Dr once when I got sick in New York and felt like I was cheating on Dr. Killen. lol. Trust me he's very caring, concerned, and even though he see man patients he remembers all of his clients issues. He connect with you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2466593].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

I feel more comfortable with Dr. Killen than I have with any other practitioner I have had. He's just easy to be around listens well, and takes care of the probem ASAP

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2135768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

Dr. Killen is the best and I recommend him to others whenever I get a chance. He is compassionate and kind and takes as much time with me as needed. Please note that *Ann* his previous office manager is gone and the office atmosphere has improved because of it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2135767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

I have gone to dr. Killen for almost seven years. The quality of care, the ease of getting an appointment and the true, genuine care of dr. Killen has kept me a dedicated customer and advocate of him. I believe this overcomes Ann and all the huge , wasteful doctor offices I have visited in the past. This is a real find.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2135766].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2010

Great office staff and very nice doctor. Very helpful and very clear on advise. Would recommend him. Great brookside location

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2135765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2008

Dr. Killen is a caring doctor, always listens to my issues and asks thorough questions. He is very good to work around my allergies and prescribe generics when I ask to help save money. Some have posted that he is "cool" or stand-offish but I don't think so. I enjoy the same day appointment policy allowing you to see him on short notice, and I never sit very long in the waiting room. The nurse is sweet and warm too. I like her patience with me when she asks a question I do not know the answer to (like what current medications and dosages are you taking). Unfortunately I could only give a 4 out of 5 on Staff because of the front office help. The lady that works the phone and front desk is cold. She comes off as mean and rude, maybe that is just her communication style, but I sometimes dread calling for an appt because I know she will be the one answering. And she gets snooty fast if she thinks you owe money or are delaying on an old bill. A perfect score if not for her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2135764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2007

Dr. Killen is helpful and knowledgable. It's a shame that his office assistant (Ann, I think) would rather have an argument with a patient than help them. I'm a friendly and reasonable person, however I still deal with her attitude and witness it when she speaks to other patients. I'm going to look for a new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2135763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2007

I echo the same sentiment as other raters. If Dr. Killen would rid himself of his rude, unprofessional receptionist, he would be an ideal physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2135762].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2006

I have been seeing Dr. Killen for several years and he is indeed excellent. Professional and helpful. He's also not afraid to seek additional information if there is something he needs to know more about before making a diagnosis or choosing a treatment. I also have had a good experience getting follow-up help from his nurse, including phoning in a prescription refill to a pharmacy. I would echo the earlier comment about the receptionist, however: She has been consistently rude to me, and was downright mean when I needed assistance with a billing matter a couple years ago, refusing to provide copies of invoices because it was inconvenient for her. I almost didn't go back. If Dr. Killen would make a change at the front desk, this would be an ideal practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2135761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2006

I'm very happy with my experience with Dr. Killen. He's a nice man and appears to be in his early 40's. He listened to my needs well, gave good advice and offered possible issues/solutions. He's not touchy feely, but serious and professional in his demeanor. I came in for a specific reason which he met/exceded my expectation on. The only gripe might be that I had to schedule several appts., when less may have been only necessary. However, that could speak to the fact that he's thorough and wants to make sure he's doing the right thing. He's not a 'lap doctor.'

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2135760].votes_count ]]