Rate Dr. Jeffrey M. Brown

Dr. Jeffrey M. Brown's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583653].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

The reason they give weight loss vitamins is to give you energy, you are also not allowed to exercise. Why? Because you are not eating enough calories especially carbohydrates to give your body energy. It is a dangerous diet that can cause kidney and liver damage. Sensible eating including healthy whole foods with lots of greens and exercise always does the trick. Most people on Brown's plan put weight back on once they stop.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583534].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

I finished the Dr Brown's diet about 18 months ago. I always struggled with my weight, I was never severely obese and always very active. I was about 5 7' and 170lbs. I got down to 135 in 5 months on Dr Brown's diet and I was the skinniest I had ever been in my life, but I was always cold and no energy. I kept working out (just more moderately) while on the diet thinking it would help my metabolism afterwards......boy was I wrong. It took me around 6-8 months to gain all the weight back plus an exta 5 lbs. I even did the maintenance program for 2 months but it didn't matter, the moment you start consuming anthing over 1,000 calories a day (even while working out) you'll slowly gain it all back, no matter how active you are before/after. While on the diet my body was constantly in a state of starvation...they call it ketotis which is basically starvation.So save your money, I spend well over $3,000 only to regain all the weight, yeah I tried going back to Dr Brown once I had 5-10 even 15 lbs back on, but I just couldn't do it again, its REALLY tough on you and impossible to follow long term. I recently joing U Weight Loss which is a more sensible diet program (more of a lifestyle change). They combine a detox then vitamins and 300-400 calories meals based on 30% carbs, 30% fat and 40% protien. The also guarantee 2 lbs per week. Its slower than Dr B, but I'm not starving and I'm encouraged to work out daily!Save you money and stay away from Dr Brown...I would only reccomend it if you have 10-15 lbs to loss before your wedding or a trip somewhere, that's it and only do it 1 month before the BIG EVENT and be fully prepared to gain it all back by the time you return from your trip!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2576150].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

This program is effective. I found it to be very comprehensive. The weight loss is a part of the whole program. The focus is about teaching how to lead a healthy lifestyle. I found the sugar withdrawal to be the toughest, but it really sent the message home that sugar is like a drug! . We carve it more and more but ultimately it destroys our body. Since I have been on the programme ( 4months) I have lost the 30 pounds I wanted and kept it off even through summer BBQs . My overall health is better. I don't feel like I'm in a fog anymore, I sleep better and I concentrate better. The staff always have a smile and they never make me feel like a failure, they always have a solution for my struggles. The only thing I need to do is take responsibility for my own behaviour i.e when I had 3 glasses of wine instead of 1 it was my own doing. I coped to it and they helped me with ways to handle myself at parties so I don't keep doing that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2573252].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

I am a 47 year old menopausal mother of 2 who has struggled with my weight for the past 18 years. I started the program because I saw positive results from a couple of women I work with. There are now 5 ladies in our office that are on the program because it WORKS! It has taken me just under 5 months and a 2 week European vacation to reach my goal. I have NEVER felt this good or looked this good. Dr. Brown has a great plan and it works as long as you follow it. I have tried Dr. Poon, weight watchers, nutrisystem, the cabbage soup diet.....nothing seemed to work. I didn't know what to expect from this program but thought I'd give it a try and I'm so grateful I did. He gas changed my life. I feel proud of myself and what I've accomplished! I could not have done it without Dr. Brown and his great staff. Thank you......I will always be your biggest cheerleader!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2568690].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

I have been struggling with weight loss for years and I'm happy I am seeing results without requiring the need to exercise. I have been a patient for a month in a half and I have lost a total of 12lbs and I am looking forward to losing more. Dr.Brown is resourceful and I appreciate all of his help, thank you Dr.Brown for helping me with my struggle. Dr.Brown you are a very handsome man and I adore your smile.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

As a 62 year old- 2 and a half years post program I am thrilled with the results. The maintenance program does take time so you need to be patient. Dr. Brown works with you to figure out what foods your body reacts well to and which foods it doesn't. I learned certain rules so that I can maintain my weightless independently ( his 5 pound rule). i have learned the social, emotional and physical cues that in past have caused me to make poor food choices and I now can circumvent that. I now drop in for a pep talk and I am NOT charged for it. The ultimate goal of this program is to help you never to have to become a professional dieter. So many programs I previously tried found reasons for me to keep coming telling me I could never have success without them or without buying their products. Dr. Brown helped me prove to myself I could have that success.This process takes time! I cannot give medical advice, but it is obvious that for everyone: if you put the bad stuff ( bad food) in you body , bad stuff will come out(disease). The result is the same for everybody, only the disease may be different .I was one of those patients who gave the staff a run for their money, challenging what they said. I grew up in a time when nobody paid attention to good foods; we ate fats, fried , desserts, bagels etc…. so I initially needed convincing. In the first week i lost 5 pounds and was thrilled, yes it was tough and I went through sugar withdrawal for 2 days, but the good weightloss was motivating. Unfortunately in the second week I thought I had good weightloss so I could eat some sweets, well week two no weightloss and back to sugar withdrawal. Dr. B and his staff explained to me exactly what I was doing to my body chemistry and I understood just what havoc sugar does to the body ( the media has had many articles about just this). They were firm with me, I had to take accountability for the choices I made. At first I didn't like that but then I realized if I ever wanted to reach my goal and live a healthy live I would have to ultimately be responsible for myself. This has really come in handy when I am faced with friends who have tried to sabotage me. The staff are there to support you- use them. I sat with one of the assistants for 30 mins once and she was so supportive.
I don't want to feed into the cyberbully who keeps posting. We know bullies are just people with low self esteem and no control of their own life, but the statements prove he/she does not speak truths. The clinic does not have appointments, it is walk in so you don't have to come at the same time each week. Yes Dr. B is a GP, but when you go to your own GP does he/she not prescribe a blood pressure medicine or a thyroid medicine if your tests show you need it? Also when i ran out of my thyroid meds and the doctor was away, it was the pharmacy that gave me enough( 3days worth) until I could get back to Dr. Browns office. I was only given a renewal after Dr. brown saw me and he saw the results of my bloodwork. This is not defensive. I have always believed liars and troublemakers should be called out. My message to people is simple. Heart attacks, stroke are killers- don't let the immature cyberbullies with their misguided agendas undermine you from getting healthy. I had many of this kind in my life who tried to undermine me as they could not get healthy or lose weight no matter what program they tried. These are not the people you need in your life. For those of you who want to get healthy, give the program a try and judge for yourself. For the person posting the persistent and inaccurate comments I do feel sorry for you,please get the psychological help you need.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2564780].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 5, 2014

I have been with Dr Brown on and off for a few years now. Before I wrote my comments on this site about the whole Weight Loss program that Dr Brown has in place, I read a few of the his other patients ratings. WOW someone really has it out for the program and truthfully has NO idea what they are talking about. Like I mentioned before, I have been on and off the weight loss program for a few years now. It is much different now than those first years. The pills are much easier than the powder that tasted terrible and how thing are run in the office. I am on maintenance now and it took a long time to get their. I was up and down like a yo-yo but NEVER gained the full weight back that I was before. Am i at that perfect weight, maybe not am I eating much healthier YES. Did any of the other people commenting on this site ever check their BFI Body weight index. My trainer told me about this chart. I am still far from it but I have lowered my bad cholesterol, Fit into my old pairs of pants and have more energy to do things.
This weight loss program is not a magical thing. You do have to work at it to loose the weight. Your not going to wake up one day and be 145lbs. It took me months to loss the weight.
If you want to be seen by the Dr get their EARLY. is like traffic at 6am none at 8 or 9 lots of it.

(He should have his license revoked. I think he BS'es everything, and is not knowledgeable at all. His wife who is a social worker thinks she's a doctor, and writes his prescriptions. Isn't that against the law?? He treats his patients like a animals . Please be advised that the caring attitude is brief and at all future visits you will be treated like any other cow in the herd. All "appointments" are "booked" for 2:00 or 2:30 (for example) and when you get talking to other patients you'll find out they are "booked" as well. I've had "visits" to his office that lasted no more than 30 seconds and I am not exaggerating)
To the person that made these two comment... You do not know what the hell your talking about. Like I said go early and like myself I was in and out quickly and YES i did get to speak to the Doctor.
You have to go into the weight loss program because you want to and lead a healthier life style. I don't see it as a "DIET" but a way to get better. Regardless how much weight you have on you all good things do take time and the rewards are great. I was 220.5 pounds 40in pant (because I peeked at my chart) and now on maintenance at a 175lb and fit into my 34in pants. Plus I do not eat any crap food anymore.
All I can say is I am happy with my results and my wife who started it 6 months ago(who didn't really need to loss weight did the plan with me to help me keep on track.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2564350].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 4, 2014

Dr. Brown is the only doctor who was able to figure out my health issues. He is very straight forward and is knowledgable in his area of expertise. I am grateful, I finally know the reasons behind my illnesses. With the help of Dr. Brown, I am able to live a healthy lifestyle. In the past I have seen many physicians, weight loss clinics, and gyms, yet never saw any results. This man is the real deal!!! I would strongly encourage others to see Dr. Brown.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2564324].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2014

I am a patient for the second time. The first time I lost 70 lbs in 6 months I quit and then after 1 year and 3 months I went back. I have now lost the 19 lbs I put on and I now wanted to go on maintenance. When I asked to do this he laughed and said that this is not weight watchers and that I can not decide when to go on maintenance. I am finding this to be very stressful and I am not sure what to do. Has anyone made it to maintenance? How much do you have to weigh to get to maintenance? He knows what he is doing and you just have to find the stamina to continue. He knows how over weight people think and if you try to make stuff up, he will call you on it. The diet is an all or nothing choice. If you are not completely ready then you should not start the program

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2564239].votes_count ]]