Rate Dr. Jeffrey M. Brown

Dr. Jeffrey M. Brown's Ratings

Maybe the program is ok, kind of worked for me, and I am thankful for that, but.... Dr. Brown himself and ALL his nurses, except one who does the BP and the weight checking, are rude!!! I was always stressed to visit his office. This doctor does not know how to act with people, he thinks he is a superstar. The nurses is an another story. I don't know where he found such a terrible personalities. One of them (the chubby one) is so bad with people and 2 other not much difference. This place doesn't have water, doesn't have chairs when you are waiting for the doctor or for the nurses. They put chairs in a waiting room, but you can't seat there when you are waiting to see the doctor you have to stand in the tiny corridor! Very uncomfortable place!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2592790].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Terrible do not use him. He is a money Graber and very nasty

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2592552].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588414].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583653].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

The reason they give weight loss vitamins is to give you energy, you are also not allowed to exercise. Why? Because you are not eating enough calories especially carbohydrates to give your body energy. It is a dangerous diet that can cause kidney and liver damage. Sensible eating including healthy whole foods with lots of greens and exercise always does the trick. Most people on Brown's plan put weight back on once they stop.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2583534].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

I finished the Dr Brown's diet about 18 months ago. I always struggled with my weight, I was never severely obese and always very active. I was about 5 7' and 170lbs. I got down to 135 in 5 months on Dr Brown's diet and I was the skinniest I had ever been in my life, but I was always cold and no energy. I kept working out (just more moderately) while on the diet thinking it would help my metabolism afterwards......boy was I wrong. It took me around 6-8 months to gain all the weight back plus an exta 5 lbs. I even did the maintenance program for 2 months but it didn't matter, the moment you start consuming anthing over 1,000 calories a day (even while working out) you'll slowly gain it all back, no matter how active you are before/after. While on the diet my body was constantly in a state of starvation...they call it ketotis which is basically starvation.So save your money, I spend well over $3,000 only to regain all the weight, yeah I tried going back to Dr Brown once I had 5-10 even 15 lbs back on, but I just couldn't do it again, its REALLY tough on you and impossible to follow long term. I recently joing U Weight Loss which is a more sensible diet program (more of a lifestyle change). They combine a detox then vitamins and 300-400 calories meals based on 30% carbs, 30% fat and 40% protien. The also guarantee 2 lbs per week. Its slower than Dr B, but I'm not starving and I'm encouraged to work out daily!Save you money and stay away from Dr Brown...I would only reccomend it if you have 10-15 lbs to loss before your wedding or a trip somewhere, that's it and only do it 1 month before the BIG EVENT and be fully prepared to gain it all back by the time you return from your trip!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2576150].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

This program is effective. I found it to be very comprehensive. The weight loss is a part of the whole program. The focus is about teaching how to lead a healthy lifestyle. I found the sugar withdrawal to be the toughest, but it really sent the message home that sugar is like a drug! . We carve it more and more but ultimately it destroys our body. Since I have been on the programme ( 4months) I have lost the 30 pounds I wanted and kept it off even through summer BBQs . My overall health is better. I don't feel like I'm in a fog anymore, I sleep better and I concentrate better. The staff always have a smile and they never make me feel like a failure, they always have a solution for my struggles. The only thing I need to do is take responsibility for my own behaviour i.e when I had 3 glasses of wine instead of 1 it was my own doing. I coped to it and they helped me with ways to handle myself at parties so I don't keep doing that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2573252].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

There are two types of people. The ones who like Dr. B and the ones that don't. The people that like him follow the program and the people who don't like him don't follow the program. Through blood tests he prescribes medication/supplements specific to your needs. The program is tough in the beginning but you do get used to it.

Dr. B's program treats carbohydrate addiction by taking them away at the beginning but reintroduces them over time. If you have a genuine desire to loose weight all you need is a bit of will power and time. Once you complete the program if you go back to eat the way you did before you will gain it back. It is a lifestyle change not a diet.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2570761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

I am a 47 year old menopausal mother of 2 who has struggled with my weight for the past 18 years. I started the program because I saw positive results from a couple of women I work with. There are now 5 ladies in our office that are on the program because it WORKS! It has taken me just under 5 months and a 2 week European vacation to reach my goal. I have NEVER felt this good or looked this good. Dr. Brown has a great plan and it works as long as you follow it. I have tried Dr. Poon, weight watchers, nutrisystem, the cabbage soup diet.....nothing seemed to work. I didn't know what to expect from this program but thought I'd give it a try and I'm so grateful I did. He gas changed my life. I feel proud of myself and what I've accomplished! I could not have done it without Dr. Brown and his great staff. Thank you......I will always be your biggest cheerleader!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2568690].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

I have been struggling with weight loss for years and I'm happy I am seeing results without requiring the need to exercise. I have been a patient for a month in a half and I have lost a total of 12lbs and I am looking forward to losing more. Dr.Brown is resourceful and I appreciate all of his help, thank you Dr.Brown for helping me with my struggle. Dr.Brown you are a very handsome man and I adore your smile.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566916].votes_count ]]