Rate Dr. Jeffrey Brown

Dr. Jeffrey Brown's Ratings

My wife and I entered Dr. Brown’s program for reasons other than weight loss. We had issues with high cholesterol and hormones. After 3 months our cholesterol levels were brought down to normal. He is very knowledgeable and has excellent assessment skills. He ordered numerous tests that a regular GP would not consider, resulting in a broader, thorough health evaluation and follow up. He deals with causes and prevention rather than just treating symptoms. From the beginning he listened to our concerns and designed an individual program to meet each of our needs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2757087].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

By far the worst diet program I have ever tried. I am disappointed I wasted my time and money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2720965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2015

Great program.Only one I have found that looks at and addresses your overall health issues. All the staff is approachable and friendly.Because I am on the road a lot, the doctor has modified program so that I can deal with restaurant eating. I am feeling so much better with more energy. Losing weight steadily.Cost of program is $125.00 a month. They have a promotion that if you commit to 2 months you get one free. Most cost effective of all the programs I have looked at.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2690242].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

He will treat you like a number and not a patient; go into his office and see for yourselves. Money is the motive. Over 400 for a program that is not permanent is very expensive. Soon as I stopped his program, I started slowly gaining due to starvation mode the doctor had me on his program. (Note:I ate healthy when I finished his program and I even enrolled in the gym)

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2686152].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

my experience is a positive one. The doctor has investigated my sensitivities to certain foods and as been the only doctor to figure out that some of my medical issues were caused and made worse by some of the foods i was eating. I have learned that what we eat can impact us more than just gaining weight. Dr. Brown has looked at my hormonal balance and with just some supplements and better eating habits my energy and focus and libido are much better. I only had a bit of weight to lose so it was not difficult for me. I realize that taking care of myself is a commitment , and one i am finally prepared to take the time to do. This program I have found is very cost effective. It is not expensive and I have saved money by staying away from prepared foods etc... The doctor gave me a plan for over Xmas which included my being able to have alcohol and sweets. I followed it and was able to maintain my weight and health.Dr. Brown i have found is a wealth of knowledge and has given me some real insight into how what we eat plays on our health.Yes he is no nonsense, he will not allow me to make excuses , that is what i need to keep me on track

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2682372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

Do not use this doctor. He will grab your money. That is what it is all about. He will never answer your questions. Everyone is on the same diet. Never mind what he tells you.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2672263].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

I think I had an amazing experience with Dr. Brown I was losing 8lbs a month and have 1/4 way to my goal weight. Thank you Dr.Brown for helping me and I look forward to losing all my weight

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2662645].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2014

If you are thinking of joining this program I strongly urge you to read ALL of the negative comments on the following 24 pages. I wish I had!
The time was right for me and I did loose the weight easily and comfortably (17 pounds in 4 weeks) but I quit on my third time of seeing Dr. Brown (he was not there two of the weeks). He behaves like a diva, loud rock music playing in the background so you can hardly hear all the medical terminology he hits you with (And no - his staff DO NOT take the time to go over it with you 2 more times). During the second appointment he asked me why I thought I had only lost 2 1/2 lbs (after loosing 10 the first week). I replied I was suffering from constipation and he immediately started to berate me for making excuses. I wasn`t - I was just answering his question - and 12 1/2 lbs in 2 weeks obviously meant I was following instructions. I did not say anything, but I guess he could see it in my eyes that I thought he was a jerk for dressing me down like that. He commented that people actually like him.... The third time I saw him he told me my blood test showed I was low on something and I did not want to forget what exactly that was and took out a pen, which led him to forbid me to take notes in a really sharp tone. I did not comment - but again thought; what a jerk. I guess he is a mind reader because again he commented that I obviously do not like him - which is true, but has nothing to do with the program. I actually do not need hand-holding, I do not cheat - but I also do not need him to believe me that I did not cheat. Anyway, he got visibly upset with me and started to question my attitude towards the program (program is fine - he is not). He said I had been sarcastic from day one (this was only day three and I had hardly spoken more than 10 sentences since he is not interested in you or your personal circumstances) and that I was passive-aggressive and it kept getting worse. I could hardly believe I was being verbally attacked by a DOCTOR! And for what - because I don`t adore the ground he walks on like a lot of other patients on this site? As I left I felt that he did not want me there anymore (having paid for 3 months in advance without having the foggiest idea what the program was about) - so as I got up to leave I told him that I did not "have to" come back. He actually called me back to his office, called in a nurse as a witness (did he think I was going to hit him?) and then proceeded to tell me that he felt INTIMIDATED by me. At that point I just saw him for what he really is... I took two extreme put-downs that were absolutely uncalled for - but that is it. He gets no more of my money, none of OHIPs money on my behalf - and best of all - he will not hurt me again! Be smart - find a weight loss doctors who actually cares about people - this one is after the money only - and (really scary) the personal gratification derived from the adoration of the women eager to lose weight that will put up with anything to to get rid of the weight.

Was this rating useful? 8 [[ userState['ratings'][2658066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

Saw Dr. Brown first time 24 weeks ago. Gave me ALOT of tests to do. I sat in his orientation twice so I could be clear about rationale about program. The program is initially restrictive as your body has to deal with you insulin resistance and addition to sugars. Now I have been given fruit and starches and I allowed to have wine on weekends. I feel so much better , no cravings, skin has stopped breaking out. Reading below shows people do not understand. Issue is not that people can't exercise rather they can't exercise as a sole weight loss plan as they would have to run too much to lose even a pound. My thyroid doctor was really happy with what Dr. B was able to do for me. For me more than the weight, I had PCOS and had trouble getting pregnant. I lost a little weight( didn't have much to lose) but Dr. Brown worked to treat my hormones. A followup Ultrasound shoed that my PCOS was much better , and 4 months later I have had a positive pregnancy test. For me having to have tried for 5 years to get pregnant Dr. Brown is a godsend. Dr. B has spared me from invasive fertility testaments and thousands of dollars. I have to wonder if all the very nonspecific ratings are from competitors as they seem to come after a few positive and specific ones come up and the negative ones say just the opposite of what Dr. B states in his orientation, so have to wonder if these people know and understand the program. For the proof is my improved health and my baby bump.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2651437].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Advantages
Low caloric intake will lead to weightloss.

Disadvantages
Weight loss is too rapid and potentially dangerous.It poses too many health risks.

Conclusion

The Dr. Browns Diet will produce some weight loss results, and many testimonials claim that users have lost up to 10lbs per month, but the health risks associated with this diet program might be too much. Dieters are strongly encouraged to consult with a doctor before embarking on this program, as some side effects could be deadly. The diet will yield results, but health is always key to safe weight loss.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2651169].votes_count ]]