Rate Dr. Jeffrey Brown

Dr. Jeffrey Brown's Ratings

If you are thinking of joining this program I strongly urge you to read ALL of the negative comments on the following 24 pages. I wish I had!
The time was right for me and I did loose the weight easily and comfortably (17 pounds in 4 weeks) but I quit on my third time of seeing Dr. Brown (he was not there two of the weeks). He behaves like a diva, loud rock music playing in the background so you can hardly hear all the medical terminology he hits you with (And no - his staff DO NOT take the time to go over it with you 2 more times). During the second appointment he asked me why I thought I had only lost 2 1/2 lbs (after loosing 10 the first week). I replied I was suffering from constipation and he immediately started to berate me for making excuses. I wasn`t - I was just answering his question - and 12 1/2 lbs in 2 weeks obviously meant I was following instructions. I did not say anything, but I guess he could see it in my eyes that I thought he was a jerk for dressing me down like that. He commented that people actually like him.... The third time I saw him he told me my blood test showed I was low on something and I did not want to forget what exactly that was and took out a pen, which led him to forbid me to take notes in a really sharp tone. I did not comment - but again thought; what a jerk. I guess he is a mind reader because again he commented that I obviously do not like him - which is true, but has nothing to do with the program. I actually do not need hand-holding, I do not cheat - but I also do not need him to believe me that I did not cheat. Anyway, he got visibly upset with me and started to question my attitude towards the program (program is fine - he is not). He said I had been sarcastic from day one (this was only day three and I had hardly spoken more than 10 sentences since he is not interested in you or your personal circumstances) and that I was passive-aggressive and it kept getting worse. I could hardly believe I was being verbally attacked by a DOCTOR! And for what - because I don`t adore the ground he walks on like a lot of other patients on this site? As I left I felt that he did not want me there anymore (having paid for 3 months in advance without having the foggiest idea what the program was about) - so as I got up to leave I told him that I did not "have to" come back. He actually called me back to his office, called in a nurse as a witness (did he think I was going to hit him?) and then proceeded to tell me that he felt INTIMIDATED by me. At that point I just saw him for what he really is... I took two extreme put-downs that were absolutely uncalled for - but that is it. He gets no more of my money, none of OHIPs money on my behalf - and best of all - he will not hurt me again! Be smart - find a weight loss doctors who actually cares about people - this one is after the money only - and (really scary) the personal gratification derived from the adoration of the women eager to lose weight that will put up with anything to to get rid of the weight.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2658066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

Saw Dr. Brown first time 24 weeks ago. Gave me ALOT of tests to do. I sat in his orientation twice so I could be clear about rationale about program. The program is initially restrictive as your body has to deal with you insulin resistance and addition to sugars. Now I have been given fruit and starches and I allowed to have wine on weekends. I feel so much better , no cravings, skin has stopped breaking out. Reading below shows people do not understand. Issue is not that people can't exercise rather they can't exercise as a sole weight loss plan as they would have to run too much to lose even a pound. My thyroid doctor was really happy with what Dr. B was able to do for me. For me more than the weight, I had PCOS and had trouble getting pregnant. I lost a little weight( didn't have much to lose) but Dr. Brown worked to treat my hormones. A followup Ultrasound shoed that my PCOS was much better , and 4 months later I have had a positive pregnancy test. For me having to have tried for 5 years to get pregnant Dr. Brown is a godsend. Dr. B has spared me from invasive fertility testaments and thousands of dollars. I have to wonder if all the very nonspecific ratings are from competitors as they seem to come after a few positive and specific ones come up and the negative ones say just the opposite of what Dr. B states in his orientation, so have to wonder if these people know and understand the program. For the proof is my improved health and my baby bump.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651437].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Advantages
Low caloric intake will lead to weightloss.

Disadvantages
Weight loss is too rapid and potentially dangerous.It poses too many health risks.

Conclusion

The Dr. Browns Diet will produce some weight loss results, and many testimonials claim that users have lost up to 10lbs per month, but the health risks associated with this diet program might be too much. Dieters are strongly encouraged to consult with a doctor before embarking on this program, as some side effects could be deadly. The diet will yield results, but health is always key to safe weight loss.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

I have been diabetic type one for 36 years and do not need to lose weight. I am 5’11 and wheigh 158 lbs. What impressed me about dr Brown's pitch was that he claims that the diet and rigid carb restrictions will reduce or even assist in making the complications in other Type Ones will be reduced or eliminated. This would truly be an event of tremendous significance to all diabetics. Imagine no more carbcounting, no more insulin no doctors visits… But having tried this diet I have little faith many people could exist on the restricted carbs allowed. If there is documentary proof of such reversals of complications they should be published and circulated to the press. I wish them well but we need to see the proof that the carb starve rations have actually helped with weight lost or any impact on complications. Too many people are investing too much money based upon too little information. Also, for the comment below running 2400miles for a pound is exaggerated. There's is numerous healthy individuals who exercise, work, have children, social life and manage to exercise. I am sure if they were running 2400 miles for a pound they would never have time to work or have a social life. Please do not discourage individuals who want to exercise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2650962].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

My personal experience with this program has been exceptional. This doctors practice includes wellness and anti aging medicine . He knows about all the new medical research. He told me about all the dangers of sugar before i saw it all over the media. I didn't have any gallbladder or liver issues just eating too much , but I do know its a common problem in obesity. No insult meant but I would take any weight loss supervised by a doctor rather that by a personal trainer. I work in an off shoot of the health care industry and after listening to Dr. Browns orientation anybody with some understanding of science understands his program is not Atkins, Bernstein or Poon.If the diet doesn't work for you fine then move on, what I find suspicious is the need for personal attacks. That smells more like someone not having the gumption to do the program and instead personally attacking the people who are out there to offer you help. Its just a sad that people function in live like that. But I digress. The program worked for me and I feel much better. Dr. Brown gave me a plan for when I go to parties and now for my xmas staff part. I paid $141.25 for the program. I don't know of any one cheaper. Just a ditty for the person below. Do you remember when doctor B said you have to run 35 miles to lose a pound! I guess you have been running 2400 miles ? You should be across the atlantic by now. lol .What I find hilarious is that every time someone gives a PERSONAL success story someone else quickly submits a vague rating with just personal insults. I guess there are just bitter people in the world. Dr. Bs waiting room is always so busy ( my only complaint) but I look at it as I guess a lot of people have come for his help. Just an aside I know 3 doctors who are Dr. Browns program.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2650099].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

I was a patient of Dr.Browns and I quit the program, the expectations required were not realistic. Dr.Brown copied the Atkinson diet and disturbed it along with pills (which made me feel nauseated). Realistically speaking a 3- 5lbs weightloss without exercise is not possible unless you are starving or the pills aren't multi vitamins like Dr.Brown claims. Research weight loss and the side effects of when the body goes into starvation mode. Also, research, if it's possible to maintain weight off long-term after being on a starvation diet. After quitting Dr.Brown's program, I gained weight and shortly after I found a workout plan and meal plan provided by a personal trainer online. It was an intense program and I manage to lose 70lbs in less than a year with healthy eating and exercise. I feel marvelous and I know my results will be long lasting and I encourage everyone to try to exercise instead of starve on a diet that is not made to have long term results. And if Dr.Brown tells you different, he's lieing to you and I suggest you ask any other normal physician who isn't money hungry like Dr.Brown

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2649751].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

I was on this program 3 years ago and lost 52 pounds. I had been diagnosed with gallbladder and liver problems by my GP. i was a professional 'junk food " consumer, whatever was fast, easy and I thought cheap. After finishing Dr. Brown program my medical problems were fixed and my whole way of living had changed. I will always remember Dr. B telling me that there is no such thing as "junk food" Its either food or its junk, For some reason that has stuck with me and in 3 years I have not seen the inside of a McDonalds or a Taco Bell..... Also I find eating healthy and buying fresh as opposed to packaged foods I have actually saved on my food bills. Yes in the 3 years I have gained a few pounds back, but only when I start losing control. The good thing is Dr. Brown really did teach my body how to react to foods and I know how to get myself back on track, what foods I am sensitive to and my body does not react well to. I follow his maintaince plan and in no time I am back on track. There is no magic or fast track to healthy living. I had to make the choice to get control over how I chose to treat my body. Dr. Brown showed me how but I know it was up to me to carry it out.What I did appreciate was his no nonsense approach. He challenged my excuses and would not accept my periods of giving up on myself. When I had vacations he changed the program so that I could indulge without "falling off the wagon" l look at Dr. Brown as my sponsor, he was always there to support me and his staff was always there to listen to me. Compared to other programs around this program is really the cheapest. I think Dr. Brown in the end is saving the government lots of healthcare money. If I had to have gallbladder surgery or a heart attack it would have cost the healthcare system a lot more !! So thank you Dr. JB! Just my opinion - we need more docs who want to prevent illness, not give us the bad news, pills and surgeries after the damage has been done. Bottom line is you have to commit to your own health, no program will do the work for you.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2648551].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

I have been overweight most of my adult life. I had two parents who died from obesity related illnesses (diabetes, stoke). At 45 I was well on my way. My cholesterol was high and my sugars were getting higher with each yearly physical.
I was scared of an early death. My GPs advice was to lose weight ( ya think!). I was the professional dieter. Between all the books on diets and the programs themselves I tried everything, Atkins, South Beach, Low Calorie even the cookie diet!! I spent thousands on food packages that were tasteless and products that did nothing. Still my blood results were poor with even more medical problems. I lost a few pounds but gained back more. I had given up and was fed up. A person at work suggested I try Dr. Browns program. What the hell I decided to try. It was the best move for me. I lost 75 pounds and 8 months later I have kept it off. My blood tests are still in normal range and I feel great. Yes the first few weeks were tough. I have read the news articles about how addictive sugar is and boy did I learn it is. Initially my body was craving the stuff. On Dr. Browns program I learned all about the make up of food,what foods my body was sensitive to and how to change my lifestyle so that I don’t have to be on a diet forever. No diet result is forever if you don’t do the work and you go back to old bad habits. I had some hair loss initially but then it grew in shiner and more healthy. I would in a heartbeat trade some hair loss for no heart attack and I would trade saggy skin for no stroke.Hair loss and saggy skin are treatable. A heart attack can mean 6 feet under. I have had no problems with Dr. Brown or his staff. I found him approachable , knowledgeable and actual much less stuffy than most doctors. The girls in the office are also nice. I blame no one for my health problems except myself and God. Dr. Brown has been the only one to really pay attention to my overall health and I am o very thankful. My GP cannot believe the difference.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2643657].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

Just recently had my gall bladder removed thanks to the starvation diet -- apparently others have suffered the same consequence from Dr.Brown's diet. Have been on the diet 3 times and each time gained back weight--its a starvation diet that can't be continued for life--not to mention the expense! My family physician strongly recommends the South Beach Diet -- its healthy and the weight comes off slowly and stays off.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642085].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

I lost just over 100 lbs on this diet. I also lost half of my hair, had gall bladder attacks and developed gallstones and ended up with fatty liver disease for the rapid weight loss. I was encouraged to keep on going when I was reporting my extreme hair loss. 2 years later my hair has grown back and I still suffer from the consequences of doing this diet. Beware, It does work…I gained most of my weight back, as do most. They make sure they kick you out before you ruin their statistics. They provide no support for the real issues that come up surrounding weight loss. And the part about being medically supervised is a complete joke. They wisk you in and out of the office it will make your head spin.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2641984].votes_count ]]