Rate Dr. Jeffrey Brown

Dr. Jeffrey Brown's Ratings

Dr. Brown helped me to loss more than 60 lb in just 6 months as I am a 46 years old, love food and never did any exercise; I never believed that I will loss that much and was thinking if I will loss 30 lb that will be excellent. The staff are professional, helpful and well educated. I've referred 5 of my friends so far, and they are doing very well, one of them lost 10 lb in one week only! I've cheated during the program and that's why it took me 6 months. If you follow Dr. Brown instructions, you will get your goal much faster than me. Highly recommended doctor. Thanks a lot Dr. Brown.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2811258].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I am a 60yr old women who had monthly period problems, health issues, and weight gained especially around the stomach area, until I joined Dr. Brown's program. Dr. Brown diagnosed me on my first visit to his office, he also told me to immediately stop one of the medication I was taking for my menstrul problems and he prescribe natural progesterone cream. After receiving all results from the blood tests and saliva test Dr. Brown was right on with his diagnosis . Dr Brown saved my life , I get very very emotional when I think of what I went through for 7yrs before joining the program. I have been on the program for 6 weeks and lost 23lbs, I feel fantastic , no more sleepless nights, no more heart palpitations, no more aches and pains, no more headaches, no more period issues, no more feeling blotted and swollen. I am full of energy and I also joined a gym. Dr Brown continues to do tests to make sure the medication I was taking before and the new ones he prescribed and working for me. Dr. Brown did what my family doctor and gynecologist didn't. Dr Brown asked me to trust in him and his program and I did and will continue to do so.Dr. Brown is THE BEST.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2790337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

I like the program but he likes expensive non-OHIP tests and prescriptions not normally covered by benefits. To his credit, he delves into areas most doctors don't as he fine tunes you. Unfortunately he is the most arrogant doctor I have ever met; he had the gall to tell me and others that our medical files were none of our business. My pharmacist had heard the same from her some of her clients. I have three friends that won't go back because of him. He is disdainful and belittling, often speaking to you as a child, doesn't tolerate questions well and is dismissive. Go with a thick skin and a fat wallet but you will get results.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2785350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I followed Dr Brown's diet for three months and lost a total of 35 pounds. I only put on another 5 once I started eating a regular diet. I highly recommend it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2782083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

when I read some of these comments I shake my head. Myself as well as the comments I read on have put on the weight and are joining the program again. There is NO DOUBT that anyone going off this diet will gain weight. I've read so many excuses to justify the weight gain such as depression, over-eating, not going on the maintenance program, poor choices in food and on and on, when it all comes down to we all STOPPED Dr.Brown's diet guide plan and STOPPED the vitamins. So as long as you all are going allow Dr.Brown's diet to dictate the rest of your lives and you can afford if for the rest of your lives than I guess it's a great diet? I still think not. Why do you all think he had us taking multivitamins for weight loss? To metabolize the food your allowed to eat? Perhaps, but also because you are not getting those vitamins from the diet itself. There are a lot of foods that have vitamins but since you are now allowed to eat them you are depriving your body. The body will go into starvation mode and start to cannibalize itself. Yup, the survival mode in your body will do anything to survive so if it has to start eating your muscle than you're hopped and definitely will gain weight because what little food you put into it, it's going to be stored as fat since it doesn't know how much it's going to get for its next meal. Your body will start thinking everything meal is like its last supper. I am not here to dissuade anyone from this diet nor can I BUT no need to justify weight gain to other things other than just being OFF Dr.Brown's plan. If this diet was such a healthy diet you can bet your family doctor would suggest this diet. It's a fad diet or yo yo diet putting it mildly. For obese people with a high BMI a doctor will sooner suggest the gastric band opposed to Dr.Brown's diet? How I know this because a friend of mine just had it suggested to her and had it done. That's morose invasive and also some risks but apparently they think it's a heck less riskier than Dr.Brown's diet, where a lot of people end up under unaesthetic due to gall bladder surgery. No one has to agree with me. I just want to put it out there, because I was on the diet for myself and have experienced phenomenal health issues as a result. To the ones who had gained there weight back, I am sorry to hear that. It's like back to the drawing board or more like back to the bank. It's a quick fix and does fix you quick but at the same time you are starting to live your life under Dr.Brown's dictatorship :-( Have a great day all and good luck.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2760909].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 29, 2015

My wife and I entered Dr. Brown’s program for reasons other than weight loss. We had issues with high cholesterol and hormones. After 3 months our cholesterol levels were brought down to normal. He is very knowledgeable and has excellent assessment skills. He ordered numerous tests that a regular GP would not consider, resulting in a broader, thorough health evaluation and follow up. He deals with causes and prevention rather than just treating symptoms. From the beginning he listened to our concerns and designed an individual program to meet each of our needs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2757087].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

By far the worst diet program I have ever tried. I am disappointed I wasted my time and money.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2720965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2015

Great program.Only one I have found that looks at and addresses your overall health issues. All the staff is approachable and friendly.Because I am on the road a lot, the doctor has modified program so that I can deal with restaurant eating. I am feeling so much better with more energy. Losing weight steadily.Cost of program is $125.00 a month. They have a promotion that if you commit to 2 months you get one free. Most cost effective of all the programs I have looked at.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2690242].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

He will treat you like a number and not a patient; go into his office and see for yourselves. Money is the motive. Over 400 for a program that is not permanent is very expensive. Soon as I stopped his program, I started slowly gaining due to starvation mode the doctor had me on his program. (Note:I ate healthy when I finished his program and I even enrolled in the gym)

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2686152].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

my experience is a positive one. The doctor has investigated my sensitivities to certain foods and as been the only doctor to figure out that some of my medical issues were caused and made worse by some of the foods i was eating. I have learned that what we eat can impact us more than just gaining weight. Dr. Brown has looked at my hormonal balance and with just some supplements and better eating habits my energy and focus and libido are much better. I only had a bit of weight to lose so it was not difficult for me. I realize that taking care of myself is a commitment , and one i am finally prepared to take the time to do. This program I have found is very cost effective. It is not expensive and I have saved money by staying away from prepared foods etc... The doctor gave me a plan for over Xmas which included my being able to have alcohol and sweets. I followed it and was able to maintain my weight and health.Dr. Brown i have found is a wealth of knowledge and has given me some real insight into how what we eat plays on our health.Yes he is no nonsense, he will not allow me to make excuses , that is what i need to keep me on track

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2682372].votes_count ]]