Rate Dr. Judith Hoover

Dr. Judith Hoover's Ratings

I have been going to Dr. Hoover for about 4 years and am sad to say I will no longer be seeing her. She seems very judgmental and uncaring. Perhaps this profession is not for her? Or maybe she just likes pregnancies rather than annual checkups? She brushes off any concerns I had about pains in my abdomen that caused me to go home from work and vomit. I do not mind how she is solemn-faced and gives me the straight facts, but I wish she cared when I experience great pain. Also, her office never calls with results like promised - you must call them!

Submitted Sept. 13, 2013 | flag

I have been going to Dr. Hoover for 3 years now, today is my last visit with her. I will be finding a new gyno. She'd too rough with the speculum. I was grunting in pain before she realized that I needed a smaller size. She did not tell me when she put it in so it was a surprise! She often comes off as rude and uncaring. She shows little empathy. She acts like my questions don't really matter and doesn't give in-depth answers to them. She is always rushing me out and doesn't give me a chance to ask all my questions and concerns (which really wasn't a lot). I would not recommend her to anyone looking for their first pap smear. There were also maybe 2 times where the office staff got my paperwork and insurance all mixed up and called me constantly for the bill when there was not supposed to be one.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2013 | flag

Dr. Hoover is a wonderful doctor, and truly cares about her patients. The problem is, as you can tell by some of the comments here, that the world has plenty of stupid people in it. For example, if the doctor tells you that you are an out of control diabetic and need to be careful during pregnancy, it doesn't matter if you want to hear it or not, you need to know it and need to pay attention. But if you get your panties all in a knot because the doctor told you something you didn't want to hear, it doesn't make her a bad doctor, it just makes you stupid. Doctor Hoover is a great doctor, but she won't lie to you so you'll feel all warm and fuzzy. She'll tell you the facts and let you know what options you have. But in the end no one can make you do what you should. That's up to you.

Submitted Aug. 11, 2013 | flag

Well this is my second time with Dr.Hoover and at first she was kind of out of line but after the next visits she was great I love her she did a great job with my C-section you can't even tell I had one so all them rude comments is not called for if y'all have a problem just change Doctors simple as that no need for taking ish and being in her face then on here talking bad about her on here just get a new doctor!!! Ms.West

Submitted March 23, 2013 | flag

I have been going to her for 9 years and have also recommended others to her. She is attentive to my needs and concerns and willing to listen.

Submitted July 2, 2012 | flag

I have only had good experiences with Dr. Hoover. She delivered my two perfectly healthy children, and was there for me during the entire pregnancy. Her personality is a little bit strange, but her medical knowledge is excellent and her staff very friendly. Wait times can be long, but that is to be expected when a doctor delivers her own babies. I am using her for my third pregnancy as well and have NO concerns whatsoever that I am receiving the best prenatal care available.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2011 | flag

IM 32 WEEKS AND I HAVE BEEN HAVING SOME PAIN AND IRRIATION AND SHE SAID IT WASNT NOTHIN. I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL AND I HAD A SERIOUS ISSUE. SHE NEED TO TAKE TIME AND GIVE EVERY PATIENT YOUR TIME N FULL ATTENTION WHEN THEY N HER CARE.

Submitted May 28, 2011 | flag

much like the previous posts i have had some horrible experiences with this doctor. i went to her for my first baby , she seemed nice enough the first visit but as time went on my husband and i realized she is uncaring , unresponsive at times and just overall rude. while my friends who were also pregnant were coming back and telling me about their doctors visits and all the information they got like how much their baby weighed in the tummy ,and just overall fun facts i was left in the dark . your first baby is supposed to be a positive experience but dr.hoover and her staff have made it a tiresome and miserable one , therefore i am changing doctors at 30 weeks .

Submitted Jan. 24, 2011 | flag

Wonderful doctor. I don't think some of these negative posts are accurate. Dr. Hoover is a very caring, punctual doctor.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2011 | flag

I went to Dr. Hoover for my very first gynecologist visit. Since it was my first time, I was obviously very nervous. Dr. Hoover was not understanding at all. She just wrenched my legs open and chastised me because I was clenched up. The second (and last) time that I visited her office, she completely forgot about me. I was left sitting in the back of her office (pant-less I might add)for two hours. The only reason she even remembered me was because my phone rang and she heard it. Then, she saw me for two minutes and sent me on my way. I have never been back to her office.

Submitted Nov. 28, 2010 | flag