Dr. J.M Dooley

Rate Dr. J.M Dooley

Dr. J.M Dooley's Ratings

Could not ask for a better neurologist! He has been seeing our son since he was 6 months and he is now 5. He has helped us so much and always, always listens to us as parents. We live an hour away and if there are ever any issues we call or email and we always get a reply that is never longer than a day or two. Most doctors dont do that these days. I cannot say enough good things about this man. He has been a blessing. I never second guess him or his treatment of our sons condition. Would highly recommend him.

Submitted April 4, 2014 | flag

Dr Dooley is Fantastic! i never hope he retires he is always sooo positive and gets down to play with my son to make things less scary!! Fantastic man!!

Submitted April 19, 2012 | flag

Very helpful Doctor. On Time, punctual. Very rude to his staff.

Submitted June 6, 2011 | flag

I went to see Dr Dooley from when I was an infant until I was probably 10 years old. When I first started seeing him other Doctors told my family that I would never walk or talk properly among other things. Because of his help and devotion I not only walk and talk, I was on sports teams throughout my whole life and I have participated in triathlons and I surf, hike, bike and everything else. I can speak as well as anybody else and have always enjoyed public speaking. I have now graduated from Dalhousie and am happily married. Dr Dooley is an amazing man and neurologist.

Submitted March 17, 2011 | flag

Dr. Dooley is an asshold, plain and simple. At first he seems like a lovely man, but he has a very foul temper. I watched him berate his staff in front of a waiting room full of people. The poor girl was in tears. He may know what he's doing but so do a lot of doctors with good personalities and even tempers.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2011 | flag

I met Dr. Dooley yesterday in IWK emergency, after numerous tests were done for my one year old. All I can say is that the world is a better place because there are doctors like Dr. Dooley. You can tell he loves what he does, and genuinely cares (and is a doctor full of knowledge). I can't thank him enough for helping me get some answers, and for coming to see my daughter.

Submitted Dec. 22, 2010 | flag

My son has been seeing Dr. Dooley since he was 5. He is now 9. He is very knowledgeable, kind, and does not make you feel foolish when you ask questions. He answers e-mails which is fantastic. My son loves going to him since he makes him feel so comfortable and he is one of the most caring doctors we've ever seen.

Submitted Feb. 16, 2010 | flag

Sixteen years ago my son was referred to Dr. Dooley with questionable Cp. After extensive testing it was determined that he was Autistic and we were referred to another physician. However,Dr.Dooley continued to see my son on a regular basis and directed us on the road to learning about Autism. He is a brilliant doctor who cares deeply about every child and family he gets involved with. He is kind and soft spoken...a trait which all families need when dealing with difficult times, and his medical knowledge is outstanding! My son graduates this year with an Honors Diploma and has been accepted into an IT Program in college. This was all made possible because Dr. Dooley made an early diagnosis and proper treatment was started immediately. My family owe him a great deal for helping our son be a success story. Any family who gets lucky enough to have Dr. Dooley on their side should know that he can make miracles happen. You are a true blessing to all you meet and care for.

Submitted Nov. 18, 2009 | flag

Dr. Dooley has been around for many years, in practise and in research. It shows. Most important to me (Personal note?) is that he understands and works well with children. (Ha ha, and the related parent side if this.)

Submitted Sept. 14, 2009 | flag

We were referred to Dr. Dooley by our family physician. He always played soccer with my daughter in the hallway when we were done and made all the tests he did a game with her.We liked him a lot.We were worried going in but seeing my daughter smiling while we were there made us feel better.Keep up the good work!

Submitted Sept. 17, 2008 | flag