Dr. Richard D. Nemeth

Grad. Year: 1995

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Richard D. Nemeth has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.3

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Richard" to "Richard D."
RID: 2412637
28/08/12 3 5 5 5 I have only been seen by Dr. Nemeth once, and I liked him. He was very quick, but was nice enough, and solved the issue. Every other time I've been to Dr. Nemeth's office, my husband and I have been seen by Marie Durbin. I can't say enough nice things about Marie. She really listens and gives you a chance to really describe what's going on, and she really expliains stuff and communicates very well. She makes you feel like she truely cares. She even helped my husband to the car, when he was so sick the could barely walk straight. That really touched me, and I really appreciated such good customer service. HOWEVER, their front desk lady. I always remembered her as not terribly friendly, but not rude, normally, until the last time I was in the office. She was down right rude, and ugly. I hope she was just having a bad day, but I did not care for the way she treated my husband and I at all. If she keeps this up, I hope she doesn't hurt their business, that would be a shame.
Insurance: Assurant
RID: 1713096
14/02/12 1 4 4 4 I received medical care from Marie for the last four years. I have seen Dr. Nemeth couple of times too and they are really good. My appointments have always been on time, but it's sad that they get your co-pay prior to services being rendered. The reason why I change doctors is because of the front desk staff. So tired of them not being helpful, snippy and acting like you're working for them when it's the other way around. I had to also stop seeing the best dentist I have ever met for the same problem. Don't doctors care about this? Judging by Dr. Nemeth's practice, (and all the negative reviews about his staff) my guess is no.
RID: 1546980
26/09/11 5 5 5 5 Went for my first visit hoping the infamous receptionist from other reviews was gone. Thankfully the current staff was really nice and Dr Nemeth was great. He paid attention, answered my questions in depth, and was very helpful.  Respond
RID: 1504141
04/08/11 1 4 3 4 In echoing several other remarks here, I agree that the girls who work at the front desk are extremely rude and exude bad attitudes. The only reason I make an effort with them is because I don't want them to become angrier and retaliate against me, my health, or my records. I otherwise receive very good service from Marie.
RID: 1174747
22/05/10 2 5 5 5 Dr. Nemeth and his PA Marie Durbin are GREAT! Dr. N. has great bedside manner and really takes time to listen. Once you get past the front desk, the care is great. They are starting up a new concierge practice (additional services, longer appointments, special hours, special phone access, and encrypted portable electronic medical records for which you can pay an additional yearly fee). Interested to see how the more exclusive services blend with traditional family practice care. I highly recommend Dr. Nemeth and Marie.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1173478
20/05/10 1 5 5 5 I use Marie Durbin and like her very much. She is wonderful. I have to agree with the many complaints about the staff. The girls are horrid! Both Michelle and the other girl are totally terrible personalities and not at all what should be the first people you encounter in a doctor's office! I am shocked that Dr. Nemeth or Marie have not changed this staff yet. They get so many complaints about them. I know people who have stopped going because of them. It's a shame too, because the doctor's are so nice. I think they need to get new front staff people that like their jobs and show it to the patients. THEY are my biggest complaint about this practice and it's a BIG ONE!!!!
RID: 1153928
21/04/10 2 5 5 5 Both Dr. Nemeth and NP Marie Durbin are EXCELLENT!!!! Their diagnosis are always right on and they do not hesitate to immediately prescribe appropriate antibiotics, or other treatment (other doctors that I have been to are more wait-and-see-and-come-back, but not Durbin/Nemeth, they fix things right away). They are both very caring, remember you and your history, are accessible via the phone and are very approachable. I can always get an appointment same day, if it is not at a time I can make, I just make one for the next morning. I only have two complaines, 1) the girls at the front desk are snippy and don't ever greet you with a smile and 2) the last appointment of the day is too early, at 4pm. They are starting a new conceirge practice, extra services and hours for which you can pay more for, which I don't plan to use, but I do hope that this doesn't change their core practice too much. As soon as my children are old enough to switch to this practice (age 6) they will be there too.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1129394
16/03/10 1 1 2 2 I am in the process of leaving the practice. Not because of Marie. It is the staff. Others have left too. They listen at doors, would not help me get an appointment for my husband and are extremely rude. Dr Nemeth is a nice guy but does nothing when you see him for 5 minutes. Marie is good. 45 minutes late last appointment. we are gone!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 942598
21/07/09 4 4 5 5 I like Dr. Nemeth because he makes me feel comfortable and I seriously get the feeling that he really cares and is concerned about me. Dr. Nemeth is one of the rare doctors who have treated me like a human being and not like a source of income and he doesn't make me feel like a hypochondriac when ever I go into the office with a medical concern.
RID: 866833
21/04/09 4 5 4 4 Dr. Nemeth is a good choice if you are looking for a doctor who practices conventional medicine. After a couple of interactions, I have decided that he is not the best fit for my family, as I find him a little too quick to resort to systemic drugs for problems that can be otherwise treated (e.g. allergy symptoms). He is a bit dismissive of alternative health interventions and would benefit, I think, from a more holistic approach. That said, I think he is basically competent and has a pretty good bedside manner. Office staff are neither the best nor the worst that I've encountered. This last point is important because patients must go through administrative staff if they have any follow-up questions for the doctor; he provides no e-mail access and does not personally respond to patient inquiries. While I understand the need to be efficient, I would have felt more comfortable talking about my personal medical issues with a health care professional (nurse, etc.), rather than the receptionist.
RID: 830328
15/03/09 2 1 1 1 overall very disappointed. They wouldn't let me schedule a physical for my first visit, ok. But he was over an hour and 15 min late for a 9AM appt. They charged me when i walked in so i couldn't leave without wasting $20. Dr. Nemeth met with me for about 5 min. He didn't show any interest in my issues. They didnt even check my blood pressure. I wasted a half day off work and $20.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 740942
10/12/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Nemeth is my all-time favorite doctor. He's that rare combination of a great physician and a great personality. He is extremely personable and makes you feel very comfortable. I could tell him anything. I've recommended him to all of my friends, and all who've gone to see him love him too.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 518034
19/02/08 5 5 5 5 For years, my wife and I did not have a primary doctor. Our care was self directed. I am so happy to finally have a doctor that really listens and cares. He takes the time needed to make sure all questions are answered. Thank you Dr. Nemeth - DM
RID: 127790
05/02/07 5 5 4 I appreciate that both doctors look at your history and make informed decisions based on it. I know this is standard practice, but some places always feel like a first visit. That's not the case here.
RID: 59397
27/11/06 5 5 5 He is very friendly and helpful and makes you feel very comfortable. He is very personable.  Respond
RID: 42835
29/08/06 5 5 5 Dr. Nemeth is a very knowledgeable doctor. I was looking to switch doctors and decided to use ratemd.com for a good doctor. The references really help and the comments about Dr. Nemeth are all true. He is very concerned about your care and concerns. His bedside manner is wonderful...not many doctors gives you phone calls personally. I'm glad I made this choice!  Respond
RID: 37893
27/07/06 5 5 5 Dr. Nemeth and Dr. Marie are both incredible! They listen to patients and have a great "bedside manner." Treatment is top-notch. I switched from another area practice and do not regret it! Staff service is similarly exemlary.
Paid (or co-pay): $1000
RID: 14550
02/11/05 5 5 5 always ontime!!! both Dr Nemeth and Marie are always professional and put you at ease. The support staff is alos very pleasant.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 13896
19/10/05 5 5 5 Dr. Nemeth is extremely knowledgeable and practical...as is Marie. Both have an outstanding "bedside manner."
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 7306
09/05/05 5 5 5 Dr. Nemeth is terrific, and so is Marie, the NP! They listen, and they genuinely care. Old-fashioned attitude toward patient care. Feel fortunate to have them as my primary care giver.  Respond
RID: 4633
14/01/05 5 5 5 Helpful, friendly staff. Can get appointments quickly when sick. He asks questions and has a good bedside manner. He also listens to your concerns and works with you when prescribing treatment.