Rate Dr. Lawrence A. Dolkart

Dr. Lawrence A. Dolkart's Ratings

Dr. Dolkart and his staff treated me with great respect. I was a high risk pregnancy, went through a personal tragedy the day my twins were scheduled to be born. They were wonderful to me through everything. I'll probably never have any more children, but if I was to, I would go back to him in a heartbeat.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

Dont trust dr dokart i was at the er 3 days in a row and the third day he told me my baby was dead because he was to lazy to come to the hospital to check me my placenta exploded and he didnt even seem to care!! I was 33 weeks pregnant and if you ask me he killed my baby

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1733666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

I was high risk so he was the only doctor i could see. I found ONE nurse to be truly amazing. Dr. Dolkart was often rude, and so were his nurses, I called once concerned and was told i was fine. At the end of my pregnacy i was 38 wks and 3 days (im diabetic also) I was concerned about my childs wellbeing - it was a holiday and he sounded bothered and annoyed when i called the answering service saying my child hadnt been moving. I made the choice to "trust my doctor" because EVERYONE said he was the "BEST". My child was delivered a still born. Weather it was his fault or not, he was rude, and brushed me off when i called concerned. Im VERY surprised about the good rating.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1733665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2012

dr. dolkart was amazing. his nurses were rude n sometimes were nice. depends on the day. he help me through my 2nd pregnancy with my diabetes. my little girl was delivered on time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1733664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2011

He was so/so. I found him (and one of his nurses) to be rude. I'm surprised w/ the positive feedback here, wasn't my experience. I also had a lot of complications immediately AFTER the birth - severe hemorrhaging and it appeared he didn't care. I never received an explanation as to why I needed 4 pints of blood. However, my babies were delivered safely so I can't complain too much.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1733663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

Dr. Dolkart is amazing. I have a kidney disease and my baby has a 2 vessel cord so she's at high risk for IUGR. My mom and husband came with me for my first appointment with him (my mom is a former labor and delivery nurse and she had questions for him) and he answered any questions we had. Before he did the ultrasound he was unsure whether or not my baby had some severe genetic defects (2 vessel cord could be a sign of nothing or any one of over 100 different genetic defects). I was very scared, but he did the ultrasound himself and told us everything that he saw and explained what everything was. Thankfully she didn't have any other visible defects and everything was measuring right on target,so she was pretty much healthy aside from the cord. He put to rest all of my fears I had with this pregnancy (my first) and was glad my OB and midwives sent me to him (I live in Ithaca). He was late a couple of times but never more than 30-45 minutes which is understandable. Great doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1733662].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010

Awesome office and Doctor. I went there very worried about having CVS. He talked at length with my husband and I before hand and basically said he thought it was unnecessary for me to do it unless I absolutely had to. We started with a NT scan and he was confident everything was ok and there was no need to do a more invasive/expensive test. He was so great and so was his nurse. We left with a huge feeling of relief and confidence. I highly reccommend him and his office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1733661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2009

Dr. Dolkart and his staff are the best. They were always very helpful and understanding with any questions my husband or I had. I highly recommend him. As others have said, sometimes I had to wait, but with the emergencies he faces on a regular basis, it is not an issue for us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1733660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2009

Dr. Dolkart is very knowledgable. Some appointment's we had to wait a long time for, but that goes with his specialty. My husband and I absolutely loved his staff. We actually got to know his one nurse better than him and her explainations were easier to understand than his, and by the time we saw him we had no questions. Overall it was a good experience for us, and I will definately go back for a second pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1733659].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

I was refered to Dr Dolkart after having high sugar in teh last few week of pregnancy. dr. DolKart was a little latebut after seeing teh amount of time he took explaining teh situation, teh risks and solutions it was worth the wait. He was not rushing me in. His nurse and he was very supportive in helping with my worries. I highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1733658].votes_count ]]