Rate Dr. William Munyon

Dr. William Munyon's Ratings

One of the best in Austin - very knowledgeable and truly cares about his patience. Never tries to over medicate but recommends the necessary. He is a good listener and in the profession for the right reasons.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530659].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

Dr. Munyon, is one of the best Psychiatrists in Austin, perhaps the country. He has the rare combination of being very progressive and knowledgeable about the Psych drugs. yet skeptical of them. He encourages the patient to think about what they want and need and listens to them. The only negative is on rare occasions one is put on hold when calling the office for too long(17 minutes). A call back would be better. I hate thinking of finding another Psych one day. Many insurance companies have phantom providers that exist only on lists and after sorting thru what looks like 20 options you are left with 2 or 3 viable ones. Dr. Munyon is a treasure. Michelle is a warm, wonderful person.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][614322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][614321].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

Dr. Munyon has treated me over several years' time. He is well educated, scientifically trained, considerate, and able to carry out a perfect treatment plan. A remarkable yet unassuming individual. His staff is the best you could ask for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][614320].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2011

I first met Dr. Munyon when my daughter was having mental probs in high school. I called 5 drs. my ins. co. had on their list. None of them were taking new patients, including Dr. Munyon. He was the last dr.on the list. No one would listen to my delimma. For the 5th time, I gave his receptionist my plea for help for my daughter. She put me on hold, came back and said Dr. Munyon would make an exception and take on her case. Besides being an excellent doctor, he is a doctor with a heart. He was able to help my daughter through her delimma. She is now married and very happy. When she moved away and did not need to see Dr. Munyon anymore, he suggested that I take her place since I had some major problems going on in my life at that time. He has been wonderful. Again, very knowledgable and top in his class, in my opinion. It is a shame that he cannot take anymore patients. He's one in a million. When he retires, I have no idea what I will do. Any suggestions from anyone?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][614319].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2011

I really don't understand these poor comments about Ms. Wise. Not only is Dr. Bill the best damn Psychiatrist in the city of Austin, Michelle has always treated me with the utmost respect! In addition, calling her out on the Internet, like you have, shows the entire world what kind of people you really are. Perhaps if you cheap ****s actually paid for services rendered & quit trying to get something for nothing, you'd get treated well too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][614318].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2011

When an antidepressant Dr. Munyon had prescribed stopped working, and I was showing signs of depression (which for me manifest in anxiety, sleeplessness and irritability), he completely misread the symptoms and I ended up being hospitalized for a week. His office assistant could not be more rude. Not going back to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][614317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2011

So you liked the elderly doctor, but felt Michelle his daughter was something else? Silly. They are trying to do what they can with the way the city doles out funds to those without education who hire and fire lots of psychiatrists, which of course isn't easy to do or juggle either. There are many psychiatrists in limited circumstances with their hands tied these days, in part because one Bonny Gardner lobbies for contractors for the United Effort Plan Trust to Leffingwell, Spelman most, as well as others of city council just about every Sunday in church, which helps determine where money and power go for all such and related services these days. It's not easy for any psychiatrist or nurse these days who works with those doing business with the city. And sometimes it's even harder for probate case managers given more responsibility than they can fathom if sheltered from the mainstream world after being sired for generations from those in plural marriages, if you know what I mean here.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][614316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2010

The doctor is all right, but his office assistant has probably THE WORST customer service skills I've ever seen. Rude, hostile -- all about doing whatever it takes to collect the money. I fired this doctor and found another one because I was not going to deal with Michelle Wise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][614315].votes_count ]]