Rate Dr. George I. Skarpathiotis

Dr. George I. Skarpathiotis's Ratings

Dr. George, you have a horribly lazy staff. You lost my business because of them and because this is the 5th misdiagnosis between 2 kids in 1.5 years. How can you mistake pneumonia for allergies? How can you mistake strept throat for nothing at all? Why do I have to bring them to your office 2-3 times in one week before you guys can even attempt to diagnose them?? Then you misdiagnose them and I end up having to take them to the hospital the same day that they see you and your doctors? THIS IS A CHILD'S HEALTH YOU ARE PLAYING WITH! IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG JUST SAY IT THE FIRST TIME AND SAVE ME A FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS SO THAT I CAN TAKE THEM TO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING!! Also tell your staff to do their job!!!! There is no reason that it should take 3 weeks for them to actually acknowledge my request for medical records!! I faxed and called 3 times in 3 weeks only to be told "they were submitted... we missed the submission cutoff time, and oh we send them yesterday"... really??? 3 weeks later? LAZY, CARELESS STAFF! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY AT THIS FACILITY! Dr. George is so so nice but misdiagnosed my son 2 times, Dr. Zoey misdiagnosed my oldest, Dr. Nicole misdiagnosed both and has no patience for kids with special needs. The only one who ever gets it right, and is very courteous is Dr. Jordan, but it's almost impossible to get in with him, according to the staff anyway. Another big turn off was when my son had to go to the ER because his pneumonia was misdiagnosed, and the nurse says "we see a lot of patients here from Dr. Skarpathiotis's office with similar issues...." yes well now that is very reassuring. Allegra D and Zofran seem to be the cure for everything. We will be visiting a new doctor soon and thankful to not have to deal with visiting this office several times a month anymore. I feel like we are are just donating money to them for nothing. I am filing a complaint against this provider with Blue Cross as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2506536].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Great Doctor, he has been taking care of me since I was a premature baby.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1734837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2014

Dr. Skarpathiotis and all his staff are wonderful. We have been bringing our children to his practice for over 24 years. I would highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1734836].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2014

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this office and every doctor/nurse that has cared for my children has been kind knowlegable and caring. I couldnt ask for better medical care for my children. I am VERY GRATEFFUL this office accepts medicaid. THANK YOU :-):-) <3<3<3<3

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1734835].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2012

We have 3 children and have been coming to this office since 2007. Last time I was there I waited over an hour past my appointment to see the doctor. If you're busy, fine. Make the appointment accordingly. The staff itself is fine, but in my opinion, there is no excuse for such a wait. Unfortunately, this is a common occurrence. Will likely be going elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1734834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2012

Dr. George is the worst Dr. out there. He is all about making money and patient's that have public aid he will refuse to see past a certain time because he can make more money with regular insurance. He treats his employees like scum and degrates them. The 2 best Dr's he had there left the practice which is a shame because without out them there that practice has no hope. It's all about money to him and not really about the patient's. He only has 1 good Nurse there now Gina. he fired all the rest to bring in girls out of college to pay them less money. He is a disgrace to Dr's out there and that practice is an accident waiting to happen. He discriminates against people and I come from experience. I hope those who read this take this in to consideration coming from someone who personally worked for him. He is a horrible person and treats people with no respect. When he sees patient's walk through the door all he sees is $$$$ signs. It's a shame how much of an act I person can put on!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1734838].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2012

don,t even think to try .the dr is rude and his staff is very bad and on top of that he didn,t give us enough time and at the end no real benieft

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1734833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2011

Dr. George is the best doctor there is!!!!! I have been taking my son to his office since he was born. My son was born premature, and the knowledge and care Dr. George gives is priceless! He is very caring, warm hearted and patient. With some Doctors you feel rushed, and they dont like to answer questions, this is not the case here. His staff is wonderful! I Thank God for Dr. George, there needs to be more doctors like him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1734832].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2011

Dr. George is a wonderful and everyone in his office is absolutely wonderful...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1734831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2009

I took my son to Dr. George until he misdiagnosed a simple sinus infection for asthma. My son was on 3 different inhalers after I had brought him back because of no improvement. When I went for a second opinion, I was floored!! I had the upmost confidence in Dr. George until that point.ometimes you have to look past the charm.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1734830].votes_count ]]