Rate Dr. Oakley Smith

Dr. Oakley Smith's Ratings

I had a crooked nose, it had a hump and the tip was a little too long and droopy. I thought about getting a rhinoplasty for a very long time - at least 10 years. I almost had the procedure when I was 16 but I'm so glad that I didn't go through with it. I went to see the surgen and I didn't feel comfortable enough so I cancelled my surgery. About 8 years later I decided I need to do something about it. I never really felt beautiful even though I always had people telling me that I was. I guess I just never felt feminine and thought I couldn't do my make-up or hair a certain way. I read a number of reviews and did a few months of research - like every night. I researched everything about rhinoplasty. My biggest concern was something going wrong during the procedure or having a really bad outcome. I had heard stories about people's noses falling apart because the surgery had been too aggressive. I read a number of reviews on sites such as this. I researched every surgen there is in Canada and realized that Toronto had some of the top surgens. After reading reviews about Dr. Smith I knew that he was my surgen. I saw a picture of him and I just had a good feeling about him. He just seemed so caring and a good person in general. I hadn't even met him yet. During my consultation I asked him so many questions - more questions about the anesthesia than the actual procedure because my biggest concern was dying or being paralyzed during the surgery. I know that it's an extreme thought to have but I watched the worst surgery stories and considered the worst case scenario. He answered all of my questions and I felt much better after meeting with him. We scheduled a surgery date - it was about 1.5 months later and I had the operation. When I woke up I felt a little dizzy but I recovered very quickly. When Dr. Smith took my bandage off my nose I was still very happy with my nose even though it was so swollen but for me that was still a huge improvement. I now love my nose and no one can tell that I had the procedure done. That's how I wanted it - I didn't want the nose that someone could spot a mile away as being an one that had been operated on. He straightened my nose, which i get compliments on all the time, he fixed the tip and removed the hump. I hated the hump the most. Overall, I think my experience turned out so amazing because I chose the right doctor. At the time Dr. Smith was at his old office and honestly it wasn't the nicest looking office and his secretary is just a really nice normal looking woman. That made me realize that he didn't need a fancy office or super pushy teenage girls with a lot of work done working at his desk to pursue people to get the surgery. He was very honest and upfront about everything and that's the most important thing when considering this type of surgery. You don't want to save a little money and get screwed at the end. Dr. Smith is a little more expensive than some of the surgens out there but you get what you pay for. I get everything on sale but I didn't want to worry about money when it came to my face. Anyways, I really hope that this review helps someone. I found him and decided to go with him after reading other people's reviews and hopefully this review helps someone make their decision. I wont upload any photos because I'm a very private person and I don't want my pictures online. To be honest I haven't really thought about my nose since I got the surgery and it's the best feeling in the world. I think I spent 99% of my time prior to the surgery thinking about my nose and now it's never on my mind and that's the best feeling ever. Maybe that's why it took me so long to write this review because I feel like I never had a surgery. Good luck to everyone and I really hope that you guys are happy with your results.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2678288].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

Dr Smith is a great surgeon! My revision nose job was about a year ago and I'm happy with the result. He was able to give me what I wanted, a small attractive nose. I don't think people notice my nose anymore, when before I was self-conscious about it.
But the r4easonI decided to leave my comments is really his personality. What a difference between Dr Smith and the first surgeon! Dr Smith was frank and open. It was a real pleasure to hear the truth instead of reassuring platitudes.
The first surgeon didn't talk about risks and the chance of success. He sure didn't mention my nose could be made worse! But that's what happened! Afterwards I couldn't breath and my nose looked twisted. After surgery he became progressively hostile and short. It became increasingly difficult to get an appt. In the end I just gave up.
Dr Smith took the time to explain what was going to happen and how likely I would get what I wanted. His matter of fact and honest to a fault approach was surprising and certainly refreshing!
Only by looking back do I now realize how silly I was to assume all plastic surgeons would do a good job! Like lots of people I wish I had done some research the first time. So it was an expensive lesson! My advise is to do your homework first. I'd recommend Dr Smith as the surgeon to see. Thanks Dr Smith!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2676067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

Dr Smith was recommended by my BFF. She raved on and on over him. I had always been uncomfortable and very self-conscious about how large my nose was. After calling and speaking to Beena I immediately felt relieved. When I met Dr Smith he explained what he would do and made suggestions about the look we wanted to achieve. I was shocked at his drawing skill. In 30 seconds he had drawn my nose exactly! I was never uncomfortable or felt worried about my decision. He is a thoughtful, kind and compassionate doctor.
My surgery went fantastically, Brenda called to check in on my recovery that night. I feel more confident now, people comment on how good I look and best of all nobody has guessed I've had a nose job! Thanks Dr Smith, Beena, Kyra and Brenda, you're all fabulous!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2663481].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2014

My husband and I saw several doctors (Asaria-too young)(Solomon-too rushed)(Rival-good) before going ahead. Dr Smith was the one we felt the most likely to be successful. I found this site and realself.com helpful in confirming my impression. Plus I was impressed he is a sculptor. The surgery was unpleasant, but I had been warned. In fact the stents weren't so bad.
I did poorly initially. I had a big nose, which to me looked like it belonged on another face. Although Dr Smith had told me it would take time for my nose to shape up, I was very unset after surgery. The tip was wide and round and looked like a big fat ball. I was devastated and felt in spite of all my research I had made the worst choice of my life. Even though I live in northern Ontario I saw Dr Smith many times and sent him several photos. He was patient and in retrospect spent a lot of time listening to my concerns. He told me my nose would improve as the swelling went away. I didn't believe him cause he wouldn't promise it. Well he was right all along. First the bridge started to look okay and then the tip narrowed. I'm now 6 months out and my nose looks good! It's much smaller and is perfect for my face. After some very dark days I'm now very glad I did it! It's a hugh improvement and although nobody noticed I'm okay with that too. I love Dr Smith (my husband is okay what I worship him!) He held my hand for months and listened to all my fears and tears. If I have a complaint, it's that he's too honest. If he had simply guaranteed it was all going to be fine I might have done better. Although I was such an emotional mess, it may not have made a difference! Thank you Dr Smith. You are good at what you do and are a very kind person too. And for everyone reading this and thinking about rhinoplasty, go see him. He's the best!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2652291].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

I had surgery back in 2012 with Dr Smith regarding a deviated septum and non symmetrical nose. Dr smith assured me a 75%-80% chance of achieving my goals, which where to fix the septum and make my nose symmetrical. He asked me if I was interested in having the nose narrow or smaller. I said no. I was happy with the overall size and shape of my nose.
I then paid him his money, and he did the surgery. Months after the surgery
where the most terrifying moments in my life. He had made the overall shape of my nose smaller, without my consent. Not only that, but the nose is still non symmetrical.
Only the septum was fixed. I had felt violated and helpless that this had happened. I get terrified and sad when I look in the mirror because that's not my face, and now i have a nose that looks operated on. I hate myself for this. I wake up in the middle of the night at times with panic and anxiety of remembrance of the times after the surgery. The overall experience has been a life changer for the worst. I wish i just had listened to my instinct and stayed away from Dr Smith.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651815].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

It has been nearly 2 years since Dr. Oakley Smith changed my life by performing my rhinoplasty surgery. His office is very welcoming, his receptionist is on point and always got back to me and is polite. We clicked from the moment the consultation began. He listened to me, but had a lot of knowledge and I loved everything he had to suggest about my nose, not like other doctors I met with who just wanted to give me the same generic bunny nose as every other girl in toronto and made me feel unsatisfied. Dr. Oakley smith emailed me back right away, I felt great the day of surgery, all my appointments after the surgery were great. He is very genuine and seemed truly into seeing the results of his work as well, very personal. I love my nose I am so happy it is so perfect and better than I ever imagined. It is the nose I was always meant to have. I even have a two year follow up coming in the new year to see further progress. I highly recommend Dr. Oakley Smith for anyone looking into getting their nose done, or re-done. He knows what he is doing and he is amazing!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2635537].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2014

Do yourself a favour if your in need of surgery on your nose make a appointment with Dr smith. I had my surgery June 03/14 and am very happy with the results. The recovery period was a little sore but was well worth it. My breathing now is near perfect and I can't say enough about him and his staff . Thank you Dr Smith

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2633360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

It's now a year since my nose job and I love it! I went with Dr Smith because my best friend had a great looking nose by him. The recovery wasn't fun but I didn't have much swelling or bruising. My breathing got better even though it was fine before! Dr Smith was great! He likes his job and sure is good at it. I'm glad I chose him.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2621663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

Great result. The doctor listened to my problem, and applied appropriate treatment. A+

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2608923].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Really a terrible experience. Everything has gotten worse since surgery, including breathing and appearance

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601394].votes_count ]]