Rate Dr. Ellen H. Frankel

Dr. Ellen H. Frankel's Ratings

I have been calling for 2 weeks and no one will get back to me to let me know whether I have cancer. Not only is it a bad practice to make patients chase you for test results, but the overall lack of responsibility on the doctors office is worthy of a lawsuit. Good luck if you have cancer. They don't care and are in no rush to let you know.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2617335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

Dr. Ellen Frankel is a wonderful person who truly cares about her patients. She is confident, bright, funny and really knows her dermatology. She has gone over the top to help cure me. Her staff is wonderful too. They truly care. Thank you Dr. Frankel!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1738339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

I'd recommend Dr. Frankel to anyone who wants the best in terms of care/treatment/bedside manner. Forget what past doctors have told you because Dr. Frankel doesn’t give up like 99% of the others. She WILL help you. Dr. Frankel's recognition/awards as being ranked one of the TOP RHODE ISLAND DOCTORS is well-deserved. Making the patient her #1 priority is simply her nature. In 2006, I succumbed to an aggressive Internal Medicine doctor, who I called on as a pharmaceutical rep. She performed a chemical peel, followed by a microdermabrasion on my sensitive skin. I woke up with 500 pimples (CYSTIC acne) and purple/red blotches all over my face. I visited a dermatologist in MA who prescribed me Accutane, which thankfully did cause the zits to dry up. However, I was left with scarring/discoloration. He told me that nothing could be done. My dad asked his doctor for the best dermatologist he knew. That's how I met Dr. Frankel. It's the ONLY reason I've had amazing results :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1738338].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2009

Dr. Frankel is the best dermatologist in Providence area. I have been seen with other doctors, but no one helped. Dr. Frankel got the right diagnosis in the first 10 seconds and prescribed the correct medication to use. In the next two days I was 100% better. I am very appreciating her knowledge and professional skills. Also if I have any questions, she will always provide me with the correct answer and the best recommendation. I highly recommend Dr. Frankel for any patient in need for dermatologist assistance.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1738337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Frankel for over 17 years. You can’t begin to appreciate her skill, diagnostic capability and great bedside manner until you have been treated by other dermatologists. Her years of practice, taking part in clinical trials, continued education, publishing papers, guest speaker invitations and everything else this woman does to stay on the forefront of state-of-the-art dermatology is EXCEPTIONAL! Since Dr. Frankel rises before the sun, my advice is to schedule early morning appointments to avoid possible wait time. Warning! Be ready to experience a hefty scent of bleach because the floors/examining rooms are disinfected EVERY morning to maintain a clean and safe patient/employee environment. If you are looking for a direct, highly competent, skillful diagnostician, impeccably attired and truly committed to her patients, where there may be an unforeseeable and medically justified wait based upon exigent patient circumstances then Dr. Frankel is the physician for you. If not then seek alternative care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1738336].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Frankel for a couple of years and found her to be extremely knowledgeable and easy to speak with. When I have a question about something I ask it and she more than willingly will provide me a detailed answer. Her use of cutting edge treatments has been a huge benefit to me. As for the wait times others have mentioned, does it happen from time to time yes. But I have yet to see a doctors office were it doesn't happen and I certainly wouldn't choose to see someone because they got me in faster at the expense of being a great doctor. I would recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1738335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2009

she is the best derm doctor out there - like any other office there are occasional waiting periods to see her, but it is worth the wait. i get a kick out of the people who complain to the staff about waiting but it is not their fault so i can understand why the staff could be a little cold towards patients but cooperation from both sides would work wonderfully - now about dr frankel, she knows her stuff and she may run late sometimes but you know what if something needs immediate attention she is not going to send you out of the office so she can see her next patient - she does what needs to be done. if it was you wouldn't you want things taken care of immediately, especially if it was cancer? people need to grow up and if they plan on going to the doctor allow ample time and don't rush - she is well worth the wait and you will get the CORRECT diagnosis the first time. if you notice a lot of people complain about the wait, BUT THEY ALWAYS COME BACK - does that tell you something?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1738334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2009

Dr. Frankel is the best derm. in RI. She's patient, caring, pleasant, funny and warm. Her staff performs at the highest level to help and assist patients. You won't be unsatisfied with her or or staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1738333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2009

I have read through each and every comment on this site and am appalled. Dr. Frankel's diagnostic skills are unparalleled, and her experience and dedication to the field is evident- she has long office hours to accomodate her patients, continues to participate in research to further the field, and stays up-to-date by attending conferences. Yes, its true you wait in this office. What office do you NOT? You wait because she is the best, and 30,000 patients dont lie. She has been the top derm in RI for over 20 years. if you dont want to wait, go to one of the other derms and see a PA, but you WILL be back when they misdiagnose you or you never see an MD. people wait because things come up in each appt that are unanticipated; emergencies, other issues with the patient booked. Attack the wait- thats NORMAL for good doctors. Do NOT attack her skills as a doctor, her dedication to patients, or the cleanliness of her office. Those are blatant lies and character defaming, and are just untrue.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1738332].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2009

My family has been patients for 7 years and have dealt with delays in many doctors offices. My son had an infection on his face and within 15 seconds, Dr. Frankel had it diagnosed, writen a script and we were on our way. The next day he was 100% better. If you want the best, you wait for the best. Recommend highly

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1738331].votes_count ]]