Rate Dr. Steven A. Weisblatt

Dr. Steven A. Weisblatt's Ratings

Submitted June 22, 2012 | flag

See this doctor only if you are a masochist. Otherwise, avoid this man like the plague for he is an arrogant and rude one-size-fits all psychiatrist. He diagnosed my wife after a prefunctory interview as "mixed bi-polar" and perscribed his one and only pharma-regimen (Zyprexa and Lithium). He spoke to us in a belittling manner as one would speak to the mentally challenged. Any questions we had be answered in generalities and his favorite mantra: I know everything, all other psychiatrists are idiots, and how dare do you have a question. He failed to live up to the things he said he would do and then blamed everybody and his uncle. He tried to bully my wife on the telephone, and we fired his butt on the third day of our association. Beware of the qualification he assigns to himself, I checked and most are fake (there are, for example, no scientific publications in his name). I am now in the process of verifying his school afilliations. If anybody recommends him, go elsewhere, run.

Submitted July 24, 2011 | flag

I went to this quack with anxiety issuses and wound up being diagnosed being bipolar and put on several highly potent drugs. They made me feel like a zombie to the point where I would fall down for no reason other than the drugs. After a couple of months of treatment by this so-called doctor I wound up in a hospital to clean all the meds out of my body. Not by his recommendation but by my wife's. She saved from this loon.I could go on and on but the other posts describe him perfectly. Please stay away from him. You will regret it if you don't. I did.

Submitted Feb. 2, 2011 | flag

I had been referred to the Dr. by a friend who had good results. Though I saw these ratings, I still decided to try the doc out. In fact, he was thorough, caring and incredibly helpful. I wonder if the people writing negative reviews simply didn't like the diagnosis and are knocking his work.

Submitted Dec. 30, 2010 | flag

Starting with staff, he has none. He runs two practices, one in PA and one in NYC, by himself. That alone should tell you something. He is spread too thin, and often gives you the feeling that you're wasting his time, the time I might add that you pay dearly for. No staff means no billing department which means he does not accept insurance so you have to pay him in full and then bill your insurance provider on your own time. It also means no receptionist to screen his call so he answers both his office phone and his cellphone in the middle of sessions VERY VERY frequently. He does not have a lot of patience for questions or talk of feelings. He doesn't take you into account just your blood levels and your bipolar symptoms. You will gain weight and loose sleep on your drugs. He diagnosed 3 of my family members with bipolar disorder and had me convinced that my kids would suffer the same fate. He is extremely disrespectful to everyone & does not apologize for being arrogant and abrasive.

Submitted Sept. 24, 2010 | flag

I am writing a review to let people know that when I went to see Dr. Weisblatt I was in need of a correct diagnosis. Not only did I feel verbally attacked when he spoke to me but I left unhappy and more confused about what was wrong with me. I was also diagnosed by him as having soft bipolar which I did not feel was correct. I seeked a second opinion and was diagnosed by a different psychiatrist who told me that I have classic signs of OCD. My psychiatrist told me that if I was to be put on lithium the way dr. weisblatt wanted to treat me that it would have made my OCD Worse! Also my therapist told me there is no such thing as soft bipolar. I really don't understand how he is getting away with this! Do not waste your time and money to go to him!

Submitted Aug. 16, 2010 | flag

HOW IRONIC that I had the sheer displeasure of dealing with this mood disorder man himself and I learn of this website. My friend after multiple traumatic incidents, received the SAME DIAGNOSIS as me, another family member and everyone on this site!! HOW IS THIS MAN ALLOWED TO DO THIS??? my friend did not tell me the name of the doc they went to but was so upset with the DX that as soon as I heard it I KNEW WHO IT WAS!! I picked u the phone and as soon as they picked up I told then RUN. Several years ago and this CREEP even had us convinced our newborn child would probably have a mood disorder!!! I have a question is there an age limit on how young someone can be to be on Lithium because he probably would have put our infant on it too. And if you have read this much YES IN HIS BRAIN HE IS BETTER THAN ANYONE !!! One last thing if he was that great how appropriate is it to swear during sessions, take phone calls, and talk BAD about EVERY doctor in the surrounding area.. REAL PROFESSIONAL

Submitted June 11, 2010 | flag

I sincerely wished I found this site before my fiance started going to see this arrogant pill pusher. She has not been herself at all since seeing him. I miss my love. Again, as I read in the other posts, he immediately diagnosed her as Bi-Polar. She wanted help and wanted to believe him. He showed her zero respect right in front of me. And he talks down his nose to people like he is smarter and better then you period and everyone else are "a**holes" his exact word. not mine. My fiance does have anxiety issues, but this megalomaniac has her like a zombie. She is by far, the sweetest, kindest most patient woman I have ever met and this man took her from me with his eavy dose meds. He has her on equatro & now wants her on Zyprexa. told her about possible weight gain, but not the more severe possible side effects.This man is irresponsible. He seems more the pharmacist than a psychiatrist. Keep your loved ones away from this man. you might not recognize them after.

Submitted June 4, 2010 | flag

Please look carefully for a mental health professional. We could not find anyone to provide service for a family member. He is as others have suggested, smug and arrogant. He makes his client and his/her family feel inferior and in several instances resulted in some verbal bullying when engaged in discussions about treatment plans/medications. We are still trying to regroup after spending a number of sessions with this individual. Thank goodness we were finally able to see through the junk he was handing us. Think about it: a bipolar diagnosis with 100% certainty after an initial 15 minute interview??? On a personal level, I am still trying to deal with my decision making in taking someone I love dearly to this individual. The signs were there, yet I missed them. Please do your homework when looking for a mental health provider, even if it means waiting a time for an appointment.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2010 | flag

We saw Dr. Weisblatt one time for 90 minutes during which we considered his bipolar diagnosis and his treatment plan involving doses of Lithium and the very potent drug Zyprexa. During the session he criticized our present psychiatrist without giving specifics, critiqued his PA colleagues as misdiagnosing, and noted that he was called in to remedy the horrendous situation in PA. He presented a PowerPoint slide show explaining his diagnosis, and as other contributors have noted, he took several phone calls during the session. After only one session, I cannot conclude with confidence that he tries to shoehorn most of his patients into his favorite diagnosis (bipolar disorder) and his favored treatment (heavy medication), but the corroboration for that hypotheses from approximately 20 reviewers on websites is overwhelming. With a few exceptions the reviewers comment on his arrogance, quick diagnosis, heavy medication, and high fees. Our experience supports the negative reviews.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2010 | flag