Dr. Leo D. Galland

Dr. Leo D. Galland

Rate Dr. Leo D. Galland

Dr. Leo D. Galland's Ratings

I suffered for months with troubling neurological symptoms including vertigo, headaches, memory problems, and overall brain fog. I saw top specialists in NYC, none of whom could diagnose me, and ended up being told, by exclusion, that I had a migraine disorder. As a last resort I came to Dr. Galland. He's expensive, and the additional tests can be costly, but it is completely worth every penny. After taking a more sophisticated test for Lyme disease (I had tested negative on the traditional antibody test ordered by my primary care doctor) we found that I did, in fact, have the disease. I expect recovery from late-stage Lyme will take time, but I have every confidence in Dr. Galland's capable hands. If you are suffering with complicated symptoms and keep getting unsatisfactory answers, Dr. Galland is absolutely the person to see.

Submitted Nov. 26, 2013 | flag

I have been getting treated for late-stage Lyme. I can tell you that Dr.Galland is amazing. He has taken my tearful calls on weekends, in the middle of the night and seen me in his office immediately when I needed it. While expensive, he has tried every way to keep costs down and has even gone so far to partner with a dr. that takes my insurance so I get quality care under his guidance. I find him extremely personable and not cold or aloof as others have mentioned. I find him extremely empathic and Sandra, on his staff, is always concerned and caring when I call or visit. If you have a complicated problem, particularly something like Lyme, I can't recommend him enough.

Submitted April 11, 2013 | flag

The fact is, with complicated illness like Galland treats (and most doctors want nothing to do with), you aren't going to get a magic bullet cure. Galland is what a doctor SHOULD be. He actually LISTENS. He takes you seriously. He tries things no one else will try. He is an outside-the-box thinker. These are very rare people. I disagree that he doesn't care about people's finances. I am short of money and he always keeps that in mind and respects that. He doesn't mind that I cannot consult with him frequently or take suppplements. If you have no choice but to delve into somewhat unchartered territory in medicine (if you are stricken with CFS, autism or some mystery illness, for example), this is the man you want. He is open to both alternative and conventional drugs. Testing is very thorough. The doctor will give you hope. Not cheap but you get what you pay for here. He is an inspiration and makes you realize how lacking the general medical community is, especially with new discoveries.

Submitted March 1, 2013 | flag

Yes, I agree that Galland is not as warm-and-fuzzy in person as you might expect. But I cannot emphasize enough how much Dr. Galland has helped me. After a long initial visit, in which we talked about my medical history and went over a large patient info packet that i had filled out, he sent me for several tests and started me on a series of supplements. Right after starting the supplements I began to feel much better--and I can tell you that I had seen dozens of doctors about my stomach pain before him. Over the years, we have worked together to fine-tune my regimen, and he has been simultaneously open-minded and authoritative. I have recommended him to anyone who's asked about an integrated doctor. In fact, I was so influenced by his work and unique approach that I decided to start studying medicine myself in the hopes of providing similar care to people in need.

Submitted Sept. 28, 2012 | flag

The kind of illnesses that lead a person to Dr.Galland's office are usually very complicated in nature so I can understand people's frustrations when they don't get better. Galland has treated me for over a year and the treatment has been very very hard and sometimes I get extremly frustrated but it is not his fault I am sick with a complex illness and also, I didn't hire him to be my friend I hired him to help me with my health. I was misdiagnosed for 5 years and Galland found the truth in the first few months of seeing of him because he really listened to what I was saying and was willing to help create a team around me of other knowledgable specailists who he keeps in touch with to plan my treatment. I can tell him anything and trust him with my life. Things have been hard for me but he always responds when I am in distress, which is more than I can say for the other 12 doctors I saw before him. He is busy because he's a good doctor not because he's a jerk,

Submitted Jan. 12, 2012 | flag

I do believe that the other people who rated this doctor were close friends. This doctor not only ignored my comments that I was getting worse under his care, but his bedside manner was absolute atrocious. I had an allergic reaction to one of his 'nutritional supplements' he swore was 'safe.' I almost died from it. I implore you: stay away.

Submitted Oct. 12, 2011 | flag

Absolutely brilliant. He saved my life. Dr Galland diagnosed my serious condition in two visits, after many other top NY doctors missed the diagnosis He is meticulous, thorough, and really listens to you. Now, thankfully, I am on the road to recovery.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2011 | flag

When you are fighting for your life, Dr. Galland is a doctor you will want on your side. He actually listens to the patient, is very open-minded, and knowledgeable. If there is something you want him to research or someone you want him to talk to about your case, he will do it. Wonderful man.

Submitted Sept. 12, 2011 | flag

I and my family have been using Dr. Galland for twenty-five years. If it were not for his keen ability to diagnose, quality of life would have been over for us long ago. Many times he has unusual and difficult remedies. All have proven successful for us. The practice of medicine is an "art"Leo Galland certainly knows that art.

Submitted July 13, 2011 | flag

Here is my story. I called Dr.Galland's office. They asked me to pre-pay $200. ($900 per appointment). I gave them my card number etc. Next day they drew out $200 from my bank account. One day after I noticed two unknown unauthorized charges from Utah, Salt Lake City. The total amount was $485.I live in NYC, never shop online using my card. The only one who knew my card information was the Dr.Galland's office. I don't know how the information leaked but I lost $485. Somebody stole $485. I had to call my bank and ask them to cancel/block my card. Of course, I canceled my appointment with the doctor also. They refunded me charged $200. Right now I don't have $485 and the bank investigates what's happened. To be honest, I don't trust this office anymore. Maybe my story will be helpful. I can't rate the doctor because I've neither seen nor talked to him.

Submitted Dec. 7, 2010 | flag