Rate Dr. Anthony Auyeung

Dr. Anthony Auyeung's Ratings

I have been meaning to come on this site to provide feedback on Dr. A. Quick summary of fertility history-spent two years at the Ottawa Fertility Center ("OFC") which mediocre-at-best service (generally involved lots of waiting and being passed off to whoever was on-call, staff ranging from good to disinterested and disengaged). The doctor there spent a whole of 15-20 minutes on the 'consultation (including the physical) and disregarded past medical issues and surgeries (and hence misdiagnosis). After 1.5 years, complete loss of faith in the medical system and thousands of dollars lost-I finally did due diligence and decided to come to Toronto for treatment. I researched several clinics and decided to go with Dr. A. The initial consult was almost three hours-a proper diagnosis was provided (taking into account genetic illness and surgeries on my end), as well as genetic testing was done (overlooked at the other clinic). The results were such that with a VERY minor change in protocol, my egg yield doubled. In the end, I determined to pursue another option not wanting to pass on a potentially serious genetic ailment BUT I have to say I cannot but provide rave reviews for both Dr. A or the staff at his clinic. Dr. A is knowledgeable, thorough, kind, direct, extremely dedicated and hard working. Dr. A was always there (including weekends!) and able to answer any questions. His staff are wonderful-kind, friendly and helpful. If you are seeking a clinic with really personalized, customized 'service', this is the place to go.....and in my experience certainly beats the larger "corporate" clinics with multiple doctors on staff, less personal time with your doctor, rotating nursing staff and long waits.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2700133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

Thank you so much to all the staff and Dr. A. Without their help, we would not have our beautiful twins.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2659892].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2014

Dr. Auyeung and his staff are excellent. My wife and I are older. We struggled to get pregnant and spent several years seeing other physicians unsuccessfully. One of these physicians even elected to perform unnecessary surgery on a supposed blocked tube. He later informed us the procedure was unsuccessful due to damage...which my wife was made to feel was her fault. On a strong recommendation from a friend, we decided to try one more time with Dr. Auyeung. He quickly identified the main issue. A cyst (I like to joke and tell people my wife had a tumor) which tricked my wife's body into thinking she was lactating. Even having to address some other concerns...within 6 months, we became pregnant. Today, we have two beautiful, healthy and clever little girls thanks to Dr. Auyeung, his staff and a considerate friend and her recommendation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2627163].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

Dr Auyeung is very knowledgeable, helpful and sensitive/empathetic given the number of patients he sees each day. He doesnt jump to drastic expensive measures. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612863].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

I was a patient of the doctors for a few years while we were trying to start a family. I found the doctor was very knowledgeable, kind and patient and staff were very caring and amazing! We were also successful at starting a family and I can't thank the doctor enough!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

As a gestational surrogate, I have never been treated better than in Dr. AuYeung's clinic. He is very good at communicating, and knows my name without my file in his hand. I have dealt with a few other clinics, and what a refreshing experience this has been. A full, thorough first meeting. He is very straight forward, which is awesome. He found an issue that other RE's had blatantly missed, and corrected them. His nurses and tech's Marissa, Greer and Lily are AMAZING. He calls to see how I am feeling, sometimes he even answers his own phone if the nurses are away from the desk. He has no problem answering my emails. The most amazing clinic I have had the opportunity to work with. And some pretty cheap parking!! :D

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1743357].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr. Anthony is the most fabulous doctor. I had been to the Hannam Fertility clinic and wasn't entirely comfortable there (charge for things that at other clinics are OHIP- like sperm tests). Dr. Anthony sat with us, spoke to us forever, answered all the questions that we had. He was always patient and is a straight shooter- tells you exactly what is happening. He is very knowledgable and is always available. Greer, Marisa and Lily are his amazing staff and are so kind and personable. If you would like to speak to me directly about my experience you can email me at scrousebook@gmail.com

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1743356].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2013

I am a gestational surrogate and the intended parents I am going to carry for are working with Dr. A. I was very nervous to meet him at first as I have never been with a private clinic, but once I met him I have been since a big fan. He is very knowledgable and confident in what he does and mamade me feel very comfortabke. He explains what he is doing during procedures/examinations and ensures you understand. I travel an hour to see him and I'm never on time and he and his staff are very understanding. I strongly suggest him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1743355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2013

I have been a gestational surrogate 3 times. I know what I am talking about. I attended Auyeung's clinic at the request of the intended parents. I would NEVER recommend anyone to attend this office. There are other more professional clinics to attend in Toronto that I have been successful at in becoming pregnant on the first ivf attempt. If anyone has had another negative experience with Auyeung PLEASE contact me at alwaysebel@gmail.com it is very important as I am trying to protect others from things that they won't be aware of as inappropriate or unnecessary. I have been through so much on my own as a surrogate and as a woman dealing with infertility issues.....if you have the slightest inclination that something isn't right let me know.....and help so many people become parents in the safest, happiest and most secure methods!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1743360].votes_count ]]

Submitted May 12, 2013

I went to Dr Auyeung for repeated miscarriage. My first impression was that he is knowledgable. The best thing about his care is that he knows the patients personally and is availalbe for face-to-face discussions. However, he missed to test me for immune issues. Another dr discovered that I have an auto immune disease that most likely cause my miscarriages. When I told him, he didn't agree and pushed me to do IUI with injectables and insisted that my "old eggs" are reason for my miscarriages. I felt pushed towards treatment without a proper testing. As such, I moved to another RE, who confirmed I have an auto immune disease KNOWN globally to cause miscarriages. Again, I did like that he knew me in person and I got to talk to him during cycle monitoring and his staff and clinical setting is superb!. I don’t recommend him for repeated miscarriage patients. I can’t comment on his IVF skills as I didn’t go through IVF with him and switched to another clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1743354].votes_count ]]