Rate Dr. Gary M. Flangas

Dr. Gary M. Flangas's Ratings

Disappointed with Dr. Flangas. He recommended surgery, sent me to a 2nd opinion who agreed, and then was influenced by insurance. Insurance company told him no surgery and I was dropped like a bad habit. No explanation, no advice, and no compassion. I am still in the same level of pain and have no Dr. To turn to unless I pay cash. (due to insurance) What a disappointment! $$$$$$

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1743572].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

My husband received a micro lumbar discectomy from this doctor a few weeks ago. The staff at his office are very friendly and nice. After the surgery was over the Dr. personally came out to the waiting room and updated me directly on my Husbands status. I wish I could say the same of the nurses at UMC. I had to constantly bug them to get an update. So far my husband seems in a lot less pain than what he started with but I guess time will tell. Dr. Flangas was very informative and polite and I hope that this is the first step in my husband becoming pain free.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1743571].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

Gary Flangas and his entire medical staff is spot-on perfect in every area of concern. He is a fine doctor and a superb gentleman. You will get all the time you need with him during your consult, during pre-op and post-op. You will understand what is going to be done and why. All questions will be answered. He assuaged all of my concerns and gave me a peace that surpasses all understanding regarding my back surgery in May of 2011. I had bad stenosis and needed two discs fused. The same is true of my neck which he will operate on this year 2012. Gary Flangas is the best of the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1743570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2012

DR. FLANGAS AND STAFF ARE EXCELLENT. I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF A WORK INJURY AND HE HAS BEEN INFORMATIVE AND HELPFUL. STILL UNSURE IF SURGERY IS NEEDED, BUT HE HAS BEEN THERE TO LISTEN AND EXPLAIN EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. I AM CONFIDENT IN HIS DECISIONS AND KNOW THAT I WILL HEAL.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1743569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2011

Dr. Flangas was able to fix my problem that I have had for 2 years. I sought help from many other doctors that could not help me, I highly recommend him... Natalie and Theresa were amazing :).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1743568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2011

Gary Flangas is an amazing doctor - competent, thorough, patient, and highly skilled. He operated on my back on 5/23/11,to correct severe stenosis and do spinal fusion on L3 & L4. Five weeks after surgery, I went off all pain meds. I had severe pain in my buttocks and both legs and could hardly walk. He is a life saver. His staff, especially Natalie and Theresa, are exceptional. If you need a back surgeon, look no further than this great man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1743567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

Dr. Flangas operated on my cervical spine on 1 dec 2010. He fused C-5 C-6, and C-7. This doctor is probably the best surgeon in Las Vegas. His bedside manner was excellent and his knowledge was outstanding. I consider him as Highly Recommended. I couln't have received better care under him. Hats off to the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1743566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2011

He is an absolute WC insurance ****. Wouldn't examine films, wouldn't do a thorough physical, all he did was go over "adjuster's allegations" and then end the appointment with "why would the insurer make up such things". Stated symptom magnification when I had no diagnosis at the time. All he did was copy and paste a radiologist report verbatim from MRI's that were 18 months old at the time. 6 months after the Flangas visit, new MRI's were taken as per my new treating physician and the problem had gotten out of control. Been on TTD for 2 years with the condition getting worse. Flangas was supposed to conduct an Independent Medical Examination to determine if the cervical injury was related to the industrial accident. I had no diagnosis, had never been treated for it and his comments were "he has secondary gain issues, and that's why HE IS NOT RESPONDING TO TREATMENT". How can you respond to something you don't have lol? Insurance **** is all I have to say.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1743565].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2010

He informed me of all my options. He was compasionate and professional. I had a c56 fusion with a plate and donor bone. It has been 2 months and I feel great. His staff is amazing as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1743564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2010

this doctor has changed my life every doc told me i would be worse if i got surgery and thay had me very scared of surgery i went to see flangas and he spent the time to be a real doc and find out what was going on and i have to say he is the best i decided that even tho every other doc had me scared to let flangas do my surgery and he is so good that if u need to have a back surgery he is the one before the surgery the pain management doc i was seeing had me on oxycotin percocet and somas the very next day after surgery i was able to say in the first time since i got hurt that i could say i dont need any thing for pain no matter even tho i was in very bad pain but it was different it was surgery pain no matter what any one says there is no better all i herd for a over 1yr was i would be worse if i had the surgery flangas proved them all rong now it is very pain full to have surgery but i expected it to be way worse he proved every one rong and i thank god that he was my surgen

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1743563].votes_count ]]