Rate Dr. Navtika R. Desai

Dr. Navtika R. Desai's Ratings

First, I had to was 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment. Then when I finally met her she had an attitude while reviewing my past labs basically telling me I was fine even though I had been diagnosed with a condition by another doctor. So basically I wasn't 45 minutes in the waiting room and was yelled at for the next ten minutes in the examining room. I have never been so poorly treated by a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

I have nodules in my thyroid. Dr. Desai took biopsies and I waited a week for the results. I went to another dr. for second opinion and second biopsy. Second Dr. was painless and results were instant since they had a pathologist in the office. If you are going to use this Dr. get a second opinion. Also waited 1 hour to see her and her schedule is not flexible at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1745736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

I wish I could have read the rest of the reviews on this site before heading there. Waste of time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1745735].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

This doctor saw me (a new patient) immediately on an emergency basis. She quickly acted on my problem and got me on meds that I needed. Her knowledge and professionalism are far superior to my previous endocrinologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1745734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2010

Had about 3 or 4 visits. She can't diagnose a thyroid problem. Wanted to put me on birth control pills which have nothing to do with the thyroid. I went to another doctor to find out that I have been having thyroid failure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1745733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2010

She will say that she is a "consultant" which I guess means that she is not a doctor. Don't bother asking her any questions because she's a "consultant".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1745732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2010

Doctor is not helpful at all. Tells you one thing at one visit and something else the next visit. I write everything down so I know what was said. She does not see a person as a whole and take in to consideration other medical problems that could be happening from the thyroid. Can't diagnose a problem or treat it for that matter. There has got to be a good endocrinologist in NJ, I just have not found them yet but this is not one of them. Don't even ask her about blood sugar problems because she has no clue.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1745731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2010

this dr is in a rush to go no where. not thorough at all. increases medication where it can do more harm than good before gradually increasing and introducing my body to the increase of this medication. does not do proper thyroid testing. does not give ultrisound/biopsy etc when thyroid was swollen. 4 days after seeing this dr i went to another dr who followed through with more precise testing. for the first time in years i feel fantastic. i have lost weight and most of my symptoms have gone away. keep looking for good dr's because there are drs out there who know what they're doing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1745730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2008

Mediocre doctor. Everything was "see you in 12 weeks", "see you in 12 weeks", etc. I was running out of weeks to be helped!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1745729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

She was very helpful to my condition. She was very clear on what I needed to do to live better and I have seen a difference in my sugars lvls. I'm very please with her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1745728].votes_count ]]