Rate Dr. Gary Gelfand

Dr. Gary Gelfand's Ratings

I just wanted to say that I may be out there for surgery if Ontario doesn't get their act together surgery wait times. I have been waiting for 1 year. Yes I said 1 year. You seem like a terrific surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1746029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

My Name Is Wade.L, Dr.Gelfand In my opionion is the best of the best in his field, A man amongst men, to the man saying "go to a vet", mabe you didnt need a thoratic surgn as much as a brain surgn, I think you got your wires crossed you seem to be malfuctioning ;) I was a young man in my 20z when i rolled my truck and ruptured my diahram, my stomic was entering my chest crushing my lung and heart, Dr.Gelfand didnt look much older then me, But he was comfedent he could rebuild me, I was sold he was the man for the job i must say nothing came to me as a surprise i was told everythng to exspect, i never had any real pain after surgery at most sore like throbing, was more then ok with that, his assistant is a stand up Lady with an amazing memory (1000z of surgerys latter they still remeber me And willing to meet with me)with the care i got i told my family if im ever dieing take me to Foothill im ok with dieing there (if anything can be done to make things better thats the place to be)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1746028].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2012

Confidence in a Dr. Is very important and my husband and I felt great after our initial meeting. He doesn't sugar coat anything-don't know why anyone would not want the honest truth. He has a sense of humor and we left feeling great. I was not worried about his abilities and that made things so much easier going in. I have a long scar but it is smooth already-6weeks out and in a year will be beautiful. If you need major thoracic surgery he is your man. I loved this guy. I have another surgery on my other lung next week and have NO anxiety about it at all. You are in good hands with this man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1746027].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2012

I found Dr Gelfand to be very professional and articulate in his explanations to me and his handling of my situation and surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1746026].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2011

A wonderful doctor. He did a lobectomy in 2005 to remove a cancerous tumour. Friendly, informative, the best! All follow-ups have been with the same expeditious care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1746025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

Great doctor. Performed a remarkable upper lung resection to get rid of a tumor my other thoracic surgeon wouldn't touch. His secretary was great as well. At all times I was kept informed of everything I needed to know, and recovered very quickly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1746024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

When the going gets rough, Dr Gelfand knows his stuff. You would not be reading this post if he didnt. Many specialized doctors had different diagnosis and treatments. This man got it right. 10 years later still going strong!! I owe this doctor my life. Thanks Doc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1746023].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2010

I had tracial resection surgery sucessfully completed. From the first visit I felt confident, he was to the point, answered any questions or concerns I had. While in the hospital for 1 week he called on me 3 times while in I.C.U. and everyday but one after. During the surgery and after he had his nurse let my family know that everything was going well and after he called my family in the waiting room and told them how it went. My 2 inch horizontal insision on my neck healed perfectly and lookes like a wrinkle , even in the same line as the real wrinkle, so every little factor was considered. But the biggest gift is I now can breath and walk along with all the other people etc.Thanks , you are my Dr. Oz. and I can't say enough good things about you. You are like a miricle. Wendy R.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1746022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2010

Overall provided and excellent quality of care - very knowledgeable = staff excellent

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1746021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2010

2 yrs ago, Dr Gelfand removed a portion of my mom's lung due to cancer. During the surgery, and hospital stay he was very informative, letting us know exactly what was happening at all times. The follow-ups have been awesome - short & sweet, to the point and very caring & compassionate. Dr Gelfand gets my admiration & grateful recommendation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1746020].votes_count ]]