Rate Dr. Kim Papp

Dr. Kim Papp's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 15, 2014 | flag

Seen him 3-4 times and NOT ONE time did he help me, or prescribe a working medication. I am a student and don't have medical insurance, and my case is not severe (although my scalp has broken out horribly). I don't have 10% of my body covered so I don't qualify to be his guinea pig for the trials. He rushes me out and doesn't even listen to what I tell him. My GP has prescribed me medications which have worked for my scalp, and even for my nails. According to Papp there was nothing he could do for the nails, because they're too thick and medication wont get through. I told him what topicals I used for my scalp, explained that they stopped working...so he prescribed the same thing I told him no longer works. Then my GP found a new product and after that stopped working about a year or 2 after I went to Papp as a last resort and AGAIN he prescribed me the very first ointment I ever used, the one I told him stopped working 5 years ago, on two separate occasions he did this same thing.

Submitted March 9, 2013

Let me start by saying I have been too and seen alot of doctors, with my condition, from birth and I am now 48. Dr Papp and his staff are the best at what they do and very professional. If I have a question it gets answered. If I have a concern it gets dealt with. If I need anything they take care of it. The most important point I have to make is the patient comes first ...not the Drug Company.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2013 | flag

I first saw Dr.Papp when I was in a drug study for my Psoriasis. Once I was done the trial I began treatment. My first treatment was working then stopped. So I switched to a different medication. Unfortunately I had to stop the meds due to being short on money. I can't complain at all about him, he's always been caring, and each time he greets me he seems to remember me. I mean he must treat a lot of people but he makes your case important. He's always been very helpful and I'm grateful to be able to be under his care. Thanks!!!!

Submitted Sept. 4, 2012 | flag

Unprofessional rude and uncaring doctor that only cares about his study drugs. If you get a side effect he will deny it has anything to do with the drug. SCARY!!!!!The last thing you want is to be experiencing side effects and being told it has nothing to do with the drug.

Submitted April 7, 2012

I have been seeing this gentleman for a clinical research for psoriasis. The drug has worked wonders on my (very) severe case which no one could help me with for 10 years. I was screened very well before hand, tests and such. He did not spring any needles on me like someone said in a rating below. Now everytime I come in and he see's my healthy skin he claps his hands and is genuinely happy that I am well. He is caring and prompt. his staff are all very professional as well, and friendly. I cannot believe half the ratings on here because they are so outlandish and downright mean. Mister Papp has authored a book on psoriasis, "The Canadian guide to psoriasis". Excellent read, he gave me a signed copy on my last visit. Just another gesture of this gentleman's benevolence and good nature. He is very empathetic, which seems to be a lacking characteristic these days in a field where it should be a prerequisite. Thank you Kim!

Submitted Nov. 29, 2011 | flag

On my first appointment with Dr. Papp, I was late because got lost. I called the office (about 10 mins after my appointment time) and told them I had gotten lost. They said it was ok and to come anyway. After arriving i spent a short time waiting, then was shown into the exam room. When he came in he spent a few minutes chatting with my children. He then examined me and asked about treatments I was currently using. He prescribed new ointments, and then asked if I wanted to try light therapy. He also explained in great detail the top three medications for psoriasis, and their side effects. He answered all my questions thoughroughly. He was very friendly. He prescribed the light therapy and told me to continue to see my current dermatologist. I have been doing light therapy for a few months now in his office. the staff is great and im healing!!

Submitted Dec. 16, 2010 | flag

Not impressed. I went to see him many years ago when I was about 14 years old for a skin condition. He said that he didn't know what it was, but he prescribed anti-malarial drugs for me. I don't have malaria and there is no risk that I could get it. He said I might go blind because of the anti-malarials. I asked why I should take anti-malarials for my skin condition, and he said he wasn't sure, but to try it and hope that I dont go blind. My father also has seen Dr. Papp for his own skin condition, and he was not impressed either. Maybe Dr. Papp is good for people with psoriasis, but if thats not your problem, I would stay well away from him. Anti-malarials? Come on, thats ridiculous :(

Submitted July 21, 2010 | flag

My husband went to see this man in 2002 due to a mole and errupted. He was told that he had melanoma. His mole was re excised and then had only one fallow up. As the years went on we had opinions given to us that he should have been referred to cancer centre due to the depth of his melanoma. He was not and he was not given options such as radiation and so forth. My husband is now deceased from melanoma and I feel thathe should of done more. We didnt have the info then but he should have told us more about it and what we can do to save his life. I myslef was diagnosed with skin cancer after he died and i will not go to this man if he was the last doctor on earth. I refuse to see him and deal with anyone other than him. He is rude , ignorant and has lack of knowledge or care if anyhting.I am disgusted with him and I would not recommend him to anyone

Submitted Dec. 31, 2009 | flag

Dr.Papp is the best skin specialist in Canada,I have been to several and until I found him I suffered profoundly. He is caring and understands each and evry one of our concerns. His staff are wonderful and I pray he is around for a long time we need his expertise.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2009 | flag