Dr. Nikolas Tsandelis

Rate Dr. Nikolas Tsandelis

Dr. Nikolas Tsandelis's Ratings

Dr. Tsandelis is excellent. Calculated and precise, which is exactly what I want in a surgeon. His staff on the other hand are horrible. If you want to get a hold of them to rebook/find out about an appointment don't call. You won't get through. Go to the office in person. My surgery was scheduled as an overnight and it was cancelled, then the staff rescheduled it to a day surgery and said that what the doctor wanted (when I went it it was redone as a overnight surgery). I then called about my post-surgery appointment and after 2 days, got through. They had rescheduled it without telling me. The staff do not follow up to give you notice on appointments coming up, if you've missed an appointment or rescheduled it. As far as I'm concerned, dealing with them is more painful than the surgery itself. I recommend the doctor, but not the staff themselves.

Submitted June 10, 2014 | flag

I had c-section about 3 weeks ago. I was very lucky to have Dr. Tsandelis. He did a great job. I would recommend dr. Tsandelis to everybody. Thank you Dr, I wish you health and happiness.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2013 | flag

I had a lot of pain in my right side. I went to the OB who delivered my last child and she said it was a hernia from my c section. She spent no time with me so I went to see this guy to get a 2nd opinion. He put me on medication for a few months and then scheduled surgery. I know these specialists have way too many patients. The only thing I don't like and I don't think it's his fault is he doesn't say much. Just "Don't worry Sweetie! I know what this is and I'm going to take good care of you!" Once I had a pap reordered I asked the staff and they were really great about explaining it. I do think he is quite knowledgeable and I have a lot of friends who have gone to see him and rave about him. I would recommend him.

Submitted Oct. 29, 2012 | flag

Dr. Tsandelis doesn't care about his patients whatsoever. His staff do not notify you if test results come back... not even if they come back saying you have the first stages of cancer. They feel that you should be continually checking in regarding your results. I confronted Tsandelis about this and he said they only notify you if you have full-on cancer, not potentially cancerous cells. I found out i had stage 6 cancerous cells, but only after a couple months of not hearing back from the office. Ridiculous. The staff seem very fake... and display inappropriate behaviour. Before my last pap test, she said something to the likes of oh, you have a pap scheduled, enjoy!...??? Really? Also, when I was pregnant with my daughter, Tsandelis informed me 2 weeks before my due date that my daughter is smaller than she should be... really? He also notified me that I had strep B, and that there was nothing I could do ...didn't even suggest antibiotics before delivery. What a joke. Don't go to him.

Submitted June 18, 2012 | flag

Dr Tsandelis is one of the best Doctors in Waterloo Region, I had adhesion of my uterus with my abdominal, my ovary adhesion was difficult to release, Endometriosis, Dr Tsandelis was very helpful and very knowledgeable. Thank you Dr, I wish you health and happiness.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2012 | flag

Thought he would be a good choice to help us with fertility issues, since he'd performed my LEEP surgery a few years earlier. I was so very wrong. He put me on fertility drugs, ignoring my complaints of excruciating periods and all whole wack of symptoms he should have recognized. Finally I demanded Lap surgery to find out if I had Endometriosis. He gave in, but said he gauranteed I did not have it. When I woke up after the surgery, he told me he hoped I had good benefits as I was going to need it. I had stage 4 endometriosis. Said I had a 0% chance of every having children. Shortly there after I made the choice to go to the SOFT clinic, who referred me to Dr. Vilos the most amazing endo surgeon in the world! He fixed me right up! 5 years later we are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. He's incompetant and has his hands in way too many pots, pardon the pun.

Submitted Oct. 18, 2011 | flag

Outstanding doctor and surgeon. He performed an emergency surgery to remove an ovary during pregnancy. Provided all information and we really felt cared for. Baby was born vaginally later with no complications (with midwife care). Doctor seems to handle non-routine situations better than most, as he is able to make good decisions quickly. Still takes time to communicate though, making him all-around excellent.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2011 | flag

Dr. Tsandelis performed my tubal reversal surgery in May 2009. He did a good job of informing me what to expect beforehand, and the aftercare was fantastic as well. The odd time I was kept waiting a bit, but he delivers babies, so what do you expect?! His staff were always very happy and helpful, and while I found him to be very forthright I would never say he had a poor attitude. I would rather someone not sugar-coat things when it comes to medical care anyway. He does *not* do this procedure via laparoscopy, which means a longer recovery time, but it is very effective - our baby is due next month! In the operating room he was very cheery and made me feel comfortable when I was nervous. My GP will be delivering our child, but I would feel very comfortable if Dr.Tsandelis were on call and I got to see him again for the big event! I would recommend him to anyone. The amount of money paid (which includes all fees) was well worth it!

Submitted Oct. 21, 2010 | flag

Dr Tsandelis was my ob for my first pregnancy. I felt very comfortable with him. He was professional, and courteous, although he sometimes seemed rushed. His staff were great and very friendly. I will go back if I have another baby.

Submitted July 21, 2010 | flag

I am seeing Dr. Tsandelis right now for my second pregnancy. I had a different KW doctor for my first one in and did NOT want to go back to her. On my first visit to see Dr. Tsandelis he talked to us for a good 20 minutes about our wishes to try for a VBAC. He didn’t try to pressure me either way. He just gave me the facts. In my effort to avoid an induction he has also agreed to let me go 2 weeks past my due date, instead of the standard 1 week, as long as things are looking okay. He is a smart man who listens to his patients and takes the time to answer your questions. His office staff are great as well. If your appointment is running late, relax! Babies do not come on your schedule. At the very least realize the doctor is answering questions and giving thorough exams.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2009 | flag