Rate Dr. M.M. Abed

Dr. M.M. Abed's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 19, 2014 | flag

THE MAN DID NOT WASH HIS HANDS, before or after examining me! That is reason enough for me not to return, but there are many more reasons as well. He did not listen to me. He did not ask me about my medical history (which I thought would be important since I'm a cancer survivor and went through Chemo only 3 1/2 years ago) and did not believe me when I told him that I am not ovulating, even though I've been taking the ovulation tests for months and didn't have any positive results. He got angry at me, pounded his fists on his desk and yelled at me when I told him that I've already done the BBT thing and the results were inconsistent. He called me fat and he didn't think I knew what I was talking about. Heaven forbid one of his patients reads a book or two on fertility to learn more about her body and tell him what's wrong with it. I wish that there were more options to the actual rating, because if I had to rate on the apt. alone I would give him 1.5 out of 5, which is being generous.

Submitted Nov. 11, 2013 | flag

He was great always listen to me, he's not always on time for the appointments but he's a very busy man when he is late it's cause he's usually at the hospital delivery babies. My mom and sister went to him and he was great with them too I always felt comfortable with him and always made sure my baby was good. I would go to him again:)

Submitted July 4, 2013 | flag

Dr. Abed ignored all my requests for a natural childbirth. At my 3rd ultrasound my baby was breech and he didnt consider any alternative to a c-section. Every visit he pushed for me to have an epidural even though I insisted this is not what I wanted. I also expressed that I did not want pitocin and tried talking to him about oxytocin the natural chemical that is produced during labor. He didn't even know what I was talking about and dismissed the conversation. During my labor he showed up to break my water when I was at 7cm and all he did was scold me for not having an epidural. He left and was called back 10mins later as I was now ready to push. I pushed for only an hour while he sat in a chair looking at his watch. About a half hour into pushing he instructed the nurses to up my dosage. When my husband asked what he was "upping" we were told that I was given pitocin to speed things up. There was no need for this at all except for the fact he had some other place to be. Worst doctor!

Submitted Oct. 5, 2011 | flag

I lost my second daughter 4 days after an amniocentesis(sp??) with Dr. Abed doing the procedure. He gave me NO instructions for afterwards even after I questioned about it. The day I lost her, when I was getting the anesthesia in the back to remove the placenta, he said "Can we hurry this up? I got some place to be." I remember it clear as a bell. The next day, he was more concerned about me going for the MRI in 3 days than he was about the loss of my daughter :-( I will NEVER go to him again NOR will i ever recommend him. :-(

Submitted Feb. 19, 2011 | flag

My experience with this physician was not good. He was unprofessional, careless and never followed up on post surgery. I suggest that he retire or only do consults but no surgery. My life has changed since being involved with him and not for the good.

Submitted Feb. 2, 2011 | flag

I had my daugher delivered by Dr. Abed in 2008. I refuse now to have another doctor to deliver any of my future children. I have never met a doctor i have trusted so much and who really truely cared for the health of me and my un born child. I dont care for the doctors who try to get personal, and have small talk, down to the point and real is how Dr. Abed is. He may be late for apts but when i was at one time the reason why he was late for others apt. he is a busy man and does his job right! Overall the best.

Submitted April 9, 2010 | flag

In my opinion this dr. never seriously considered possible problems for my pain, bleeding and bladder problems. Apparently he reported, based on an ultrasound he did in his office, that my ovaries must have dried up as he didn't see them. A year later I had an emergency hysterectomy and large ovarian cancer tumour removed, stage 3c.

Submitted March 19, 2008 | flag

I've known Dr. Abed since 2002 when he removed a cyst from my ovary. Dr. Abed successfully delivered two of my three sons via c-section due to breech birth. Intelligent, professional and friendly is how I would describe him. He is usually late for our scheduled doctor's appointments, but he's a busy guy. I wouldn't see another OB/GYN.

Submitted March 5, 2008 | flag

I had to get a biopsy from this doctor. I was terrified at my young age, after my first abnormal test, he insisted that I get a biopsy. He told me before he even performed the biopsy that I had cancer and would never be able to have children. He then took my biopsy (which really hurt because he's so rough - I said "ouch") and he flipped out. He put the sample in a container and shoved it right in my face(forceful and nearly hitting me) and said "look - that's all I took from you." He then threw a pad at me and walked out. It was horrific, I had nightmares of what he did to me days after the biospy...I would wake up frightened and in a panic. And, he was wrong - I don't have cancer and I am 6 months pregnant right now! He's a real jerk.

Submitted Dec. 7, 2007 | flag