Dr. Samuel P. Kucey

Rate Dr. Samuel P. Kucey

Dr. Samuel P. Kucey's Ratings

I was very very nervous about the whole procedure since the very first appointment with Dr. Kucey. He was very nice, patience and took the time twice to answer all my stupid questions to try and get my confidence level up and understand the risks and procedure process. The staff was great as well and very helpful. Post surgery I had to call back the office to ask a few questions and everybody in the office was very happy to answer my questions. After 24 hours I also got a follow up call from one of the nurses to make sure everything was fine with me. I would recommend Dr. Kucey and the Carling clinic to anybody. I kept postponing the procedure for almost 3 years but in the end it went very well, I was out throughout the procedure and I felt well after. Thank you Dr. Kucey!

Submitted July 4, 2014 | flag

I did not have oral surgery by him, but I my best friend did. She said he is the best one in Argyle Associate (one coworker said so). He is also one of the founder of the practice (way before I was born). Consultation can be a really long wait, but not sure how about surgery. She did not experience post surgery complication and her surgery went really well. Took time to understand her health history which it was great for her. My mom knows him from the Ottawa Hospital (General Campus) and also one of her workers did work for him before (I do not know if it was at his private practice or in the hospital), has he goes there for bigger procedure (jaw surgery, fractures...) and said he is a really nice guy. He should be close of retirement, but for if you want someone who had practice has a oral + maxillofacial surgeon for years, he is the one to go for.

Submitted May 22, 2014 | flag

I agree with the comments below saying the staff at Argyle Associates was arrogant and rude. I feel the whole organization of this company needs to be drastically improved. I actually could not book my surgery date at their Carling location, but have to call this Gillian lady, whom I've never even met before, spoke to me like a child--even my boss doesn't talk to me like that. At the end, I was told to call ANOTHER person to set up the appointment, so what was her job?!? Anyways, it was scheduled but I was not told the time or cost of the surgery. Two days prior to my appointment, I had to call the staff to inquire and was again treated with the same rude attitude. I got so pissed that I cancelled my surgery entirely. I met with Dr. Kucey three times, and overall I felt he was a nice person. A pity...

Submitted Jan. 3, 2014 | flag

Had an implant for a lost molar at the Orleans location. Was finally called in and sat for close to an hour, staring at the instrument tray. Am usually pretty stoic about dental treatments but my anxiety grew as the clock ticked by... By the time he came in, he commented at how tense I was... Duh!! Two weeks later, the screw or 'abutment' fell out. Had no idea this could happen. Got an appointment at the Carling location and once again, sat there in a chair, staring at an instrument tray, for 45 minutes while he was on the phone having a private conversation about some event being organized. His comment was 'Have you been dancing the polka?' No 'so sorry', 'it happens', nothing but the implication that I was somehow to blame! Was fighting back tears when he quickly froze the gum and put a screw back in... very rough, no numbing the gum beforehand, no compassion and then it hit me... he's not making any money on this second visit!Stupid me for thinking he'd care. Never again!

Submitted Nov. 29, 2013 | flag

I have known Dr. Kucey since he first came to Ottawa. Dr. Kucey removed my daughters wisdom teeth and the whole procedure was nothing but professional. If I required any surgery, I would travel from southern Ontario to Ottawa.

Submitted Aug. 4, 2013 | flag

What???? I just cannot understand any negative comments! I had my 4 impacted wisdom teeth out while under general anesthetic. From the first phone call, to problems with insurance in which they went above and beyond trying to help me, to surgery day, to OR nurse and recovery nurse, the care, compassion, empathy and professionalism was beyond excellent. Dr Kucey is an incredibly skilled surgeon with a crazy amount of expertise and knowledge. He is without a doubt the very best in the area. Yes, he is late at times, but when he is with you, he is calm, doesn't rush you and explains everything. He is caring and compassionate. His staff are top notch. I can not say enough great things. His OR staff and recovery room staff are caring, and nurturing, and give excellent care. They have a doctor on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. They treat you with dignity and respect. They are always there to answer your call and support you in any way they can! Thank you argyle associates!

Submitted April 2, 2013 | flag

Dr. Kucey is an excellent and experienced dental surgeon. He is, without question, one of the best dental surgeons that I have consulted over the years. He is extremely competent and a real gentleman, as well as extremely professional. I would highly recommend him for any dental surgery or dental implants. In my numerous appointments he was always punctual and extremely helpful. I believe Dr. Kucey is highly qualified and he is one of the leading dental surgeons in Canada

Submitted Dec. 19, 2012 | flag

DEFINITELY DO NOT RECOMMEND HIM!!!!!!! HE IS VERY ARROGANT NOT VERY SYMPATHETIC, I WONDER HOW HE WOULD FEEL IF ANOTHER DOCTOR TRESTED HIS FAMILY LIKE THAT HUH?

Submitted Jan. 11, 2012 | flag

I had several appointments for a dental implant. This involved removal of the existing tooth as well as a bone graft and installation of an implant. I found Dr. K to be very arrogant & bossy and talking to him was usually awkward. During one surgery, I thought I could handle it with nitrous oxide rather than being fully sedated. Something definitely went wrong because I was 100% aware of his every move and it was painful. Maybe their tank of nitrous was empty or something. I was complaining during the surgery and they refused to take any action. After the surgery, the other staff stared at me when I was crying from pain and they booked me at least 3 or 4 appointments at the Carling location without telling me so I was having to keep moving them to Kanata as they came up. Besides all that, I am not happy with the position of the implant. My smile is not symmetrical. If I ever need other dental surgery, I will go elsewhere, although his office is close to my house.

Submitted Nov. 6, 2011 | flag

Consultation only, but am very impressed by Dr. Kucey. Thoroughly explained to me what he saw, and decided I did not require surgery. If I ever require an oral surgeon, I would definitely return to see him.

Submitted Sept. 8, 2011 | flag