Rate Dr. Gary Bonn

Dr. Gary Bonn's Ratings

We are truly blessed to have Dr.Bonn taking care of our daughter's eyes. As a matter of fact, this city is blessed to have him around. He recently proformed a surgery on my then 11 and half months old daughter to fix her crossed eyes. Our expereince could not be better ( trust me, raised by a doctor, I have very high standards when it comes to eveluate a doctor). Extremly knowledgable and experienced, caring , and very gentle with my daughter. He took his time to answer all our questions ( my hubby had lots) and truly care for our daughter. I do not understand these people who complain about his bed side manner or being late because No.1 I am looking for a medical doctor, not a date for my LO; No. 2 I do not care how long I have to wait in order to see a good doctor! Dr. Bonn is GOOD. With his knowledge, skills and expereince, how much money he would be making if he chose to practice in US? But he came back and stayed in Ottawa! And please tell me, how many surgeons would call all his parents on SUNDAY mornings before their surgeries? How many surgeons would give you his personal cell phone number and say " Call me anytime, even in the middle of the night" before and after the surgery? My hat off to Dr.Bonn and his staff. Truly blessed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2640894].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

Dr. Bonn is an expert in his field. All 4 of my kids have gone to see him at one point or other. He has performed surgery on my son, and I would not put any of my children in the hands of someone I didn't absolutely trust. While there are times that Dr. Bonn's bedside manner could use some polish, the same could be said about any person (myself included). His staff is fantastic, and the wait times seem reasonable for the volume of activity he and his team manage on a day-to-day basis. One thing that truly impresses me is how consistent and predictable their processes are. Notwithstanding the occasional delays, the place runs like clockwork.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2595160].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

I have been going to Dr Bonn's office since my daughter was 3 yrs old she is almost 14 yr old now. He decided not to do surgery but came up with these little bifocals from the age of 3 He had changed her prescription as she has gotten older and her eyes are now almost perfect She only has a few more yrs to wear them to help strengthen her eyes and she will be good for life. YES wait times can be long but hello people its because he cares for everyone as individuals and some children need his time longer than others. Dr Bonn is one of the most dedicated, caring, & wise beyond belief in his field!!!!!!! Pls do not hesitate for even a second to take your child to see him. He is THE BEST
Leigh & Jaymie

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577520].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

My daughter has had two eye surgeries with Dr. Bonn for Strabismus and my son now sees him for a lazy eye. My daughter now has perfectly aligned eyes and better than 20/20 vision. He is a leader in his field. I will trade punctuality for experience & knowledge any day of the week. If you just need run-of-the-mill eye exams, and punctuality is of the uptmost importance - you may want to go elsewhere. If however, your child has a complicated case, then there is no one better in the Ottawa area. Period. Strongly recommend getting the first appointment of the day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550353].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Most kind doctor I've ever know!Soft spoken,patient and down to earth.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2490213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2014

Before we first went to see Dr Bonn, i read the reviews on this site. Thank goodness I didnt believe what was written. Dr Bonn is by far one of the best Dr's (let alone specialists) I have ever met. We brought our ,then 14 mo old, son to see him he was fantastic. Long story short our son had the operation to fix his eyes and it was an amazing success. Dr Bonn's bedside manner , which seems to be under criticism here, was better than I have ever seen. He gave us his personal cell phone number , which we used, he was supportive and above all incredibly competent with respect to the procedure. The complaints seem to be more about the normal rules and procedures regarding OHIP and the fact that the staff uphold those rules as all Dr's offices would. Bottom line ... Dr Bonn is first class, none better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2454212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

I am disappointed by all the negative comments. I am a patient of Dr. Bonn for 21 years now. He is a very good doctor and knows his stuff. He is kind, patient, knowledgeable, gentle and takes his time with his patients. Yes you may wait a while but you still get seen by him. Bonoptics is next to it and I find it very convenient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2454211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1749791].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014

I was surprised when I read all the negative ratings for Dr. Bonn. He does run a little behind schedule, but only because his services are in such high demand. He currently treats my daughter for strabismus and I have witnessed only the highest level of professionalism from him. He appears to get much satisfaction from improving the vision of children. Who wouldn't?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1749782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2014

My general impression is that he was professional and knowledgeable. The only thing where I really saw him lacking was his demeanor with children. While it does seem normal that many specialists and many GPs as well come across as short and dismissive, I really think that anyone that is being referred as a pediatric ophthalmologist really needs to have a better demeanor with children. At this point, my child has only had exams so I cannot comment on surgeries or glasses he was prescribed, however, when it comes to my child’s eyes it scares me to read about ANY negative outcomes to surgeries.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1749784].votes_count ]]