Rate Dr. Gary Bonn

Dr. Gary Bonn's Ratings

I have been going to Dr Bonn's office since my daughter was 3 yrs old she is almost 14 yr old now. He decided not to do surgery but came up with these little bifocals from the age of 3 He had changed her prescription as she has gotten older and her eyes are now almost perfect She only has a few more yrs to wear them to help strengthen her eyes and she will be good for life. YES wait times can be long but hello people its because he cares for everyone as individuals and some children need his time longer than others. Dr Bonn is one of the most dedicated, caring, & wise beyond belief in his field!!!!!!! Pls do not hesitate for even a second to take your child to see him. He is THE BEST
Leigh & Jaymie

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577520].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

My daughter has had two eye surgeries with Dr. Bonn for Strabismus and my son now sees him for a lazy eye. My daughter now has perfectly aligned eyes and better than 20/20 vision. He is a leader in his field. I will trade punctuality for experience & knowledge any day of the week. If you just need run-of-the-mill eye exams, and punctuality is of the uptmost importance - you may want to go elsewhere. If however, your child has a complicated case, then there is no one better in the Ottawa area. Period. Strongly recommend getting the first appointment of the day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550353].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Most kind doctor I've ever know!Soft spoken,patient and down to earth.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2490213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2014

Before we first went to see Dr Bonn, i read the reviews on this site. Thank goodness I didnt believe what was written. Dr Bonn is by far one of the best Dr's (let alone specialists) I have ever met. We brought our ,then 14 mo old, son to see him he was fantastic. Long story short our son had the operation to fix his eyes and it was an amazing success. Dr Bonn's bedside manner , which seems to be under criticism here, was better than I have ever seen. He gave us his personal cell phone number , which we used, he was supportive and above all incredibly competent with respect to the procedure. The complaints seem to be more about the normal rules and procedures regarding OHIP and the fact that the staff uphold those rules as all Dr's offices would. Bottom line ... Dr Bonn is first class, none better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2454212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

I am disappointed by all the negative comments. I am a patient of Dr. Bonn for 21 years now. He is a very good doctor and knows his stuff. He is kind, patient, knowledgeable, gentle and takes his time with his patients. Yes you may wait a while but you still get seen by him. Bonoptics is next to it and I find it very convenient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2454211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1749791].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014

I was surprised when I read all the negative ratings for Dr. Bonn. He does run a little behind schedule, but only because his services are in such high demand. He currently treats my daughter for strabismus and I have witnessed only the highest level of professionalism from him. He appears to get much satisfaction from improving the vision of children. Who wouldn't?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1749782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2014

My general impression is that he was professional and knowledgeable. The only thing where I really saw him lacking was his demeanor with children. While it does seem normal that many specialists and many GPs as well come across as short and dismissive, I really think that anyone that is being referred as a pediatric ophthalmologist really needs to have a better demeanor with children. At this point, my child has only had exams so I cannot comment on surgeries or glasses he was prescribed, however, when it comes to my child’s eyes it scares me to read about ANY negative outcomes to surgeries.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1749784].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2014

After reading the other comments, I had reservations. After our experience, they were unfounded. My child has worked with 5 pediatric ophthalmologists in 5 years due to retirement and our family's relocation. We've seen amazing doctors and mediocre ones. Dr. Bonn's staff was more helpful and more kind than most we've encountered. Dr. Bonn was patient as we reviewed my child's complicated history, he answered my questions about her care and change in prescription with kindness and concern. His optical shop staff helped find durable frames that fit well. I have zero concerns or complaints at this point.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1749783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2013

I had a horrible experience with doctor Bonn; I agree with some previous reviews on this website -- he shouldn’t be a paediatrics doctor. cited "He started shouting and being rude to my kid when she was having trouble reading the chart, he made her nervous and he got upset." the exactly same thing happened to my kid (a 4 yr old). Dr. Bonn told me he couldn't tell her version, HOWEVER he was able to give a prescription. How could i trust this result? I was not confident with the result at all. I called my family doctor and asked for a transfer to another doctor. My other minor comments are same as others: Long waiting time; Recommending his glasses. My recommendation: Please read all these reviews on the web before making a visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1749790].votes_count ]]