Rate Dr. Carlissa Wittner-Smith

Dr. Carlissa Wittner-Smith's Ratings

I really like her as a doctor. She's very nice, calm and chill to talk with. With my pregnancies she lacked any concern or caution. I had a high risk pregnancy with twins. I had to go with my gut feeling and go on bed rest and I was able to carry my twins to full term! Since my babies were born I do see her for other gyno issues and she's very good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

She was the most rude person! I can't believe how unprofessional she was. First while coming from the ultrasound I was told that my placenta was starting to calcify and that the baby would stop growing and said that the baby could die if I wasn't induced right that instant. So I was given the cervidil to induce and ripen the cervix but after having it in for 4 hrs, me and my husband decided to have it taken out. The doc was told that we felt forced to be induced which was how we felt telling us that we would kill our baby if it wasn't taken out. I don't mind if she said it like it is my professional opinion to do this but there was her way or no way! I ended up having the best doctor OB deliver my baby in a very natural birth. Then we schedule our baby's circumcision and we were talking with the nurse and at this point we learned that Dr. Wittner doesn't like to have anyone in the room while she is doing the procedure. My husband said that he would like to be in the room and she said no can not as it is her policy not to have anyone in there. So we talked it over and about to go ahead anyways even though she said it's this way or get another doctor to do it! Then she walked in and said this is a conflict of interest and you can have someone else to do it, then proceeded to tell us that because we took the cervidil out and went against her professional orders that we couldn't have our baby circumcised! What you mean you are offended because as parents we want to be with our child and we want to have things natural and the baby did grow and there was no need to upset and worry new parents. The worst doctor I have ever encountered in my entire life! I would seek another OBGYN if I were you unless you are okay with being told this is how it is and don't question my professional judgement! Ridiculous. We need to have mutual respect.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2571291].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

Wonderful and supportive! A perfect doctor for anyone with anxiety!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2537537].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

Dr Wittner Smith handled my pregnancy. I had an accident in my 8th month as I hit a moose on the highway returning home. She met me at the hospital and made sure baby and I were stabilized . In the end, she did an emergency c-section and she had the most amazing way of keeping the operation room environment very calm and upbeat. For those who complained in the forum, when you go though what I did and still came out a winner with a healthy baby, you have nothing to really compalin about in my view. Dr Wittner Smith is a top notch surgeon and gynaecologist. The Oh I have to wait for my scheduled c section! Booooo to you! Someone like myself had an emergency and yes, you will get bumped to save another baby! Shame on you for being so selfish!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2486759].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

By far the best OB in town! She is very supportive no matter what kind of birth you want. She's never rude, always willing to give her honest opinion respectfully and without any judgement. She always chooses the safest and most common SENSE option over the most common. If you're looking to VBAC, natural birth or anything that involves a normal HEALTHY labour choose her! The only down side is the clinic she's in is a rotating schedule of doctors so you only have a 1 in 10 chance of getting her for your delivery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484293].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2014

I had a consultation with Dr Wittner-Smith in August for a hysterectomy due to a very large fibroid. I also had a consult with another gynaecologist who informed me that because of my prior C sections and my very large fibroid, my hysterectomy would probably be done with a vertical incision. I was told it could possibly be done laparoscopically if I took Lupron for 3 months prior to the surgery. I did not want to take Lupron. On January 13th I had a LAVH with Dr Wittner-Smith. Not only did I avoid an abdominal incision but also the side effects of Lupron. She is an incredible surgeon! I am so grateful for her expertise. I was discharged from the hospital the following day. It has been an extremely easy recovery. I can't thank her enough!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1749902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2014

I have to tell you, I'm not surprised to read all of the positive feedback about Dr. Wittner-Smith, but the negative feedback was a huge shock! I have never known Dr. Wittner-Smith to be "short" with people or strongly "tell" people what to do. I saw Dr. Wittner-Smith for 2 of my 3 pregnancies. She was the very best dr. I have ever seen. Very accommodating and reassuring. For my last child, she delivered my daughter and she was absolutely fabulous. I have seen many drs. and I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Wittner-Smith. She really is my favorite. Her knowledge and experience is very reassuring. I trust her without a doubt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1749901].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2013

I went to Dr. Wittner Smith for my second baby. From the day one, she was very good / kind and listens to me and explains all my questions. Not rush, On time. Glad and lucky I got such good person as my Doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1749900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

Dr Wittner-Smith is one of the best doctors I've dealt with. She was my OB for both of my pregnancies and actually delivered my last one in June 2012. I cannot believe that my delivery was actually a fun experience for myself and my husband. Dr. Wittner-Smith answered all of our questions very professionally yet kept me very relaxed and at ease in the delivery room. In fact, I had to ask everyone to be quiet at one point because we were laughing so much and I couldn't concentrate on pushing! She is a fantastic doctor with a great sense of humor and I will absolutely go back to her again (if need be!)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1749899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2012

She did my LAVH the end of January and I couldn't of asked for a better surgeon! I was very nervous about the procedure, however she took the time to answer all of my questions and talk to me about my concerns. She is very prfessional, yet, kind and gentle. Very respectful and didn't rush me into making fast decisions. I highly recommend her for any women that maybe considring hyst.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1749898].votes_count ]]