Rate Dr. Carlissa Wittner-Smith

Dr. Carlissa Wittner-Smith's Ratings

Dr Wittner Smith handled my pregnancy. I had an accident in my 8th month as I hit a moose on the highway returning home. She met me at the hospital and made sure baby and I were stabilized . In the end, she did an emergency c-section and she had the most amazing way of keeping the operation room environment very calm and upbeat. For those who complained in the forum, when you go though what I did and still came out a winner with a healthy baby, you have nothing to really compalin about in my view. Dr Wittner Smith is a top notch surgeon and gynaecologist. The Oh I have to wait for my scheduled c section! Booooo to you! Someone like myself had an emergency and yes, you will get bumped to save another baby! Shame on you for being so selfish!

Submitted Aug. 7, 2014 | flag

By far the best OB in town! She is very supportive no matter what kind of birth you want. She's never rude, always willing to give her honest opinion respectfully and without any judgement. She always chooses the safest and most common SENSE option over the most common. If you're looking to VBAC, natural birth or anything that involves a normal HEALTHY labour choose her! The only down side is the clinic she's in is a rotating schedule of doctors so you only have a 1 in 10 chance of getting her for your delivery.

Submitted July 19, 2014 | flag

I had a consultation with Dr Wittner-Smith in August for a hysterectomy due to a very large fibroid. I also had a consult with another gynaecologist who informed me that because of my prior C sections and my very large fibroid, my hysterectomy would probably be done with a vertical incision. I was told it could possibly be done laparoscopically if I took Lupron for 3 months prior to the surgery. I did not want to take Lupron. On January 13th I had a LAVH with Dr Wittner-Smith. Not only did I avoid an abdominal incision but also the side effects of Lupron. She is an incredible surgeon! I am so grateful for her expertise. I was discharged from the hospital the following day. It has been an extremely easy recovery. I can't thank her enough!!

Submitted Feb. 28, 2014 | flag

I have to tell you, I'm not surprised to read all of the positive feedback about Dr. Wittner-Smith, but the negative feedback was a huge shock! I have never known Dr. Wittner-Smith to be "short" with people or strongly "tell" people what to do. I saw Dr. Wittner-Smith for 2 of my 3 pregnancies. She was the very best dr. I have ever seen. Very accommodating and reassuring. For my last child, she delivered my daughter and she was absolutely fabulous. I have seen many drs. and I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Wittner-Smith. She really is my favorite. Her knowledge and experience is very reassuring. I trust her without a doubt.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2013 | flag

I went to Dr. Wittner Smith for my second baby. From the day one, she was very good / kind and listens to me and explains all my questions. Not rush, On time. Glad and lucky I got such good person as my Doctor

Submitted July 19, 2013 | flag

Dr Wittner-Smith is one of the best doctors I've dealt with. She was my OB for both of my pregnancies and actually delivered my last one in June 2012. I cannot believe that my delivery was actually a fun experience for myself and my husband. Dr. Wittner-Smith answered all of our questions very professionally yet kept me very relaxed and at ease in the delivery room. In fact, I had to ask everyone to be quiet at one point because we were laughing so much and I couldn't concentrate on pushing! She is a fantastic doctor with a great sense of humor and I will absolutely go back to her again (if need be!)

Submitted Dec. 31, 2012 | flag

She did my LAVH the end of January and I couldn't of asked for a better surgeon! I was very nervous about the procedure, however she took the time to answer all of my questions and talk to me about my concerns. She is very prfessional, yet, kind and gentle. Very respectful and didn't rush me into making fast decisions. I highly recommend her for any women that maybe considring hyst.

Submitted May 11, 2012 | flag

Didn't see her for my exams, but she ended up doing my c-sec (it was my 2nd). Did a FANTASTIC job and I couldn't believe what a difference it was compared to my 1st. Healed remarkably quick and well, and have the teeniest scar as a result. I'll def go see her again!

Submitted Aug. 27, 2011 | flag

For the past six years that I have been a patient of Dr. Wittner-Smith, her office staff have always been friendly and helpful! Dr. W-S is a remarkable doctor! She has been there for me through two miscarriages and two healthy prengancies (and I am on my third). During my mc's she made sure that both my physical and emotional needs were met by referring me to the Early Pregnancy Loss Clinic where they were amazing at helping me through my loss. Being a mother herself, Dr. W-S understands the stresses associated with pregnancy. With the complications I have exerienced in past pregnancies she ensures that I have early ultrasounds and informs me of every detail. Having found Dr. W.S has truly been a blessing to me. She is amongst the absolute best of OB-GYN doctors in Canada, and Edmonton patients are lucky to have her here! She is exceptionally well informed, thorough in answering all questions, and sensitive. I cannot imagine a more capable doctor looking after me and my babies!!!

Submitted July 11, 2011 | flag

I was under Dr. Wittner-Smith's care for my recent miscarriage. She was very businesslike, but still kind, just the right combination for the situation I was in. She also had nothing negative to say about me having a midwife, which was a pleasant surprise!

Submitted Sept. 26, 2010 | flag