You may also like

Rate Dr. Jeffery A. Passer

Dr. Jeffery A. Passer's Ratings

I love Dr. Passer. He's the best in Omaha. He is always very pleasant to me and genuinely caring in his approach toward treating my health problems. I trust him and hope he never retires!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2801351].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I agree totally. This doctor and his office staff are the most unprofessional and rude people I have ever encountered in the medical field. And the price is 150% overpriced. The doctor and his staff make it very evident that could care less about you or your health. ALL he cares about is getting as much of your money as he possibly can. I am not sure if the office personnel know how to file insurance because my insurance, which is pretty good, covered hardly anything. Then I was left with this huge bill to pay off. They threatened to sue me when I didn't make a payment because of financial hardship. This doctor is pathetic. He needs to retire. I'm sure he has enough money to do so. DO NOT go to this doctor. You will regret it.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2736396].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

Anyone who mentions unprofessional, rude and overpriced is 100% correct. I was under Dr. Passer's care for a year. I was always treated with indignity from the staff and Dr. Passer acted as if he had better things to do than talk with me.

And overpriced does not begin to descrube his prices. I was on a $250/month payment plan for almost the entire time I was under his care. And my husband has the best possible insurance. I don't know how this practice gets away with the things it does and prices it charges.

When I said I was going to another doctor, they immediately cleared my entire bill (a week before my assigned payment date.) without telling me. And when I requested my records, they took almost three months to get them sent to my new physician.

Ultimately I came away feeling not only 'had" but also very hurt. I know of other former patients who have all had similiar experiences and all came away very upset. He has no business being in practice.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2716685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

I wish I could provide more insight on Dr. Passer's expertise; however, I can tell you that I visited with him twice and he was polite. Helpful or insightful, not so much. And that is not a knock against his medical knowledge. He just never demonstrated it other than looking at my charts and saying, "Yep. Looks good. Come back in four months." That said, I believe I have an obligation to warn other prospective patients about his business practices and staff.

First of all, I saw him twice. My first visit (before insurance) was almost $900 - just to chat with me. My second visit - which was approximately 20 minutes from beginning to end - was another $300. After insurance (BCBSNE) I am in for more than $600 for two visits for, "Yep. Looks good." OUTRAGEOUS. But wait, it gets worse. . .

His staff is openly rude, mean and more unprofessional than the kids at the Wendy's drive-through. When I called to talk about my bill, it was obvious the staff member did not wish to discuss my bill. I could hear her sneer through the phone.

Lastly, when I called to cancel an appointment (I had unexpected travel come up) the first thing the staff member said was - "You have a balance. Are you going to pay," (sneer included again). I informed her that I was on a payment plan and it would be cleared for the next payment. She put me on hold for five minutes to confirm, came back and said, "Fine. Bye." I pleaded for her to wait, that I needed a refill on a prescription.

"You canceled your appointment. We're not giving you another." So this person, whom I am guessing has zero medical training, holds my well-being hostage for a measly $110 bill. This, by the way, would be an opportune time to tell everyone that they considered my bill more than 90 days past due even though I was on an agreed upon payment plan. How is that possible?

Seriously folks - I have never had a worse medical experience than Dr. Passer's office. It is clear that he is only out to bleed his patients for every cent he can and will hire any harpy in a skin tight dress to be on his staff. RUN AS FAR AS YOU CAN.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2715898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

This is a very busy office so they aren't super social. Not a lot of warm and fuzzy stuff going on. However they weren't unfriendly. I am not going there to socialize so it doesn't bother me. I have yet to see Dr a Passer but saw his APRN Tina on both of my visits and my next scheduled as well. She is great. She has taken me off of Synthroid and my synthetic Hormones. Put me on Nature-throid and bioidenticals.. I feel like a new person and am so grateful to this office. The only negative is I waited over 45 minutes but it is worth the wait in my opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2466640].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

I am so happy I found Dr. Passer. He helped me when other doctors refused to even order simple blood tests and told me I was crazy. Dr. Passer ran tests and diagnosed me with underactive thyroid as well as other hormone imbalances. His treatments are natural and have made a huge impact on my daily life and wellbeing. He is easy to talk to and always treats me with respect! I'm a cash patient and they always work to keep my costs down while providing the best treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2466639].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

I loved being a patient at Dr. Passer's office, but unfortunately my job required me to move out of state. I called the office to ask what I should about getting my records to a new doctor (-I had never done this kind of thing before, didn't have the first clue). I was transferred, and left a voicemail. That same day the office manager Kelli called me back expressed how sorry she was that I had to leave, but said she would be more than happy to copy my file for me, or fax it directly to another doctor's office, I picked up a copy the next day!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2013

The staff is wonderful and very helpful. Dr. Passer is very attentive and smart.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2013

I have been a patient with Dr. Passer since 1996. I have been very faithful and not only do I receive a smile and friendly greeting from staff but Dr. Passer as well. He has always been there and would not consider anyone else for my Primary care Dr. Not only is he kind helpful and very knowledgeable in all but a few areas and if he doesn't know he does advise to who and where to find the specialized field only recommending the best Doctors in that field. Even when the office is busy Dr. Passer comes in with a smile handshake and says and makes the right choices for whatever the condition is. Living some distance away it has always been worth the drive and would highly recommend and never consider anyone else. Thanks you Dr. Passer for your sincere excellence I only hope that you able to help me for years to come.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

I have been a patient of this clinic for six months. I have had two visits and many other interactions via telephone. I have seen the Physician Assistant both times. She is pleasant and knowledgeable in person, but at times can appear rushed. I was very pleased with the initial results I got from this clinic. I also feel their supplements are wonderful products, and have positively contributed to improvement in my overall health. The problem with this practice is the support staff. I have unfortunately never had so many negative interactions, even when attempting to be nice on the other end. I initially assumed this was due to a staff shortage, but there has been no change. I don't know how much longer I can take the poor treatment. This would be a wonderful practice if the support staff were positive and had a customer service attitude. I dread calling the office with questions or to schedule an appointment. I have heard the staff talk negatively about other patients while in lab. SAD

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2137035].votes_count ]]