Dr. Jeffery A. Passer

Omaha, Nebraska Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Family / G.P.
Website: omahamedicine.com External Link
Practice: Jeff Passer, M.D.
Hospital: Nebraska Methodist Hospital
Phone:402-552-2900
Med. School:Univ Of Ne Coll Of Med, Omaha Ne 68198
Grad. Year: 1972

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 24 reviews. Dr. Jeffery A. Passer has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.3
RID: 5592821
02/07/14 4 2 5 5 This is a very busy office so they aren't super social. Not a lot of warm and fuzzy stuff going on. However they weren't unfriendly. I am not going there to socialize so it doesn't bother me. I have yet to see Dr a Passer but saw his APRN Tina on both of my visits and my next scheduled as well. She is great. She has taken me off of Synthroid and my synthetic Hormones. Put me on Nature-throid and bioidenticals.. I feel like a new person and am so grateful to this office. The only negative is I waited over 45 minutes but it is worth the wait in my opinion.
RID: 5473812
13/05/14 5 5 5 5 I am so happy I found Dr. Passer. He helped me when other doctors refused to even order simple blood tests and told me I was crazy. Dr. Passer ran tests and diagnosed me with underactive thyroid as well as other hormone imbalances. His treatments are natural and have made a huge impact on my daily life and wellbeing. He is easy to talk to and always treats me with respect! I'm a cash patient and they always work to keep my costs down while providing the best treatment.  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Jeffery" to "Jeffery A."
RID: 2840216
06/09/13 5 5 5 5 I loved being a patient at Dr. Passer's office, but unfortunately my job required me to move out of state. I called the office to ask what I should about getting my records to a new doctor (-I had never done this kind of thing before, didn't have the first clue). I was transferred, and left a voicemail. That same day the office manager Kelli called me back expressed how sorry she was that I had to leave, but said she would be more than happy to copy my file for me, or fax it directly to another doctor's office, I picked up a copy the next day!  Respond
RID: 2816962
27/08/13 5 5 4 5 The staff is wonderful and very helpful. Dr. Passer is very attentive and smart.  Respond
RID: 2742376
31/07/13 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient with Dr. Passer since 1996. I have been very faithful and not only do I receive a smile and friendly greeting from staff but Dr. Passer as well. He has always been there and would not consider anyone else for my Primary care Dr. Not only is he kind helpful and very knowledgeable in all but a few areas and if he doesn't know he does advise to who and where to find the specialized field only recommending the best Doctors in that field. Even when the office is busy Dr. Passer comes in with a smile handshake and says and makes the right choices for whatever the condition is. Living some distance away it has always been worth the drive and would highly recommend and never consider anyone else. Thanks you Dr. Passer for your sincere excellence I only hope that you able to help me for years to come.
RID: 2653863
21/05/13 1 3 1 5 I have been a patient of this clinic for six months. I have had two visits and many other interactions via telephone. I have seen the Physician Assistant both times. She is pleasant and knowledgeable in person, but at times can appear rushed. I was very pleased with the initial results I got from this clinic. I also feel their supplements are wonderful products, and have positively contributed to improvement in my overall health. The problem with this practice is the support staff. I have unfortunately never had so many negative interactions, even when attempting to be nice on the other end. I initially assumed this was due to a staff shortage, but there has been no change. I don't know how much longer I can take the poor treatment. This would be a wonderful practice if the support staff were positive and had a customer service attitude. I dread calling the office with questions or to schedule an appointment. I have heard the staff talk negatively about other patients while in lab. SAD
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2539188

23/01/13 1 1 1 1 Dr passer was not helpful to me at all. He treated me simply like a number and didn't really care about my well being. I went back to see if it would be different but it was not! I would not reccomebd this doctor to anyone in the Omaha area. I also moved to Texas and when I called to get my records faxed they said they would but didn't.. So when I showed up at my new doctors office( which required my records) they didn't have them which made me have to reschedule my appoinent. Very disappointed with the staff and more in the doctor. Horrible service and didn't care about me as a human being
See Responses
RID: 2474833
15/11/12 1 1 1 2 The staff is very rude which is why I quit going to Dr. Passer. He even agreed that they are rude and gave me his cell number to call! I did not call. What he was doing for me made no change in my condition. It was a very expensive ordeal for no help. The wait time was very long. Staff ignored me when I checked in to the counter. They were loud and obnoxious, not professional. I should have read these comments before I went. Didn't know so many others had the same experience and also didn't know Dr. Passer isn't well respected in the medical community. I wish I would have saved my hard earned money. I'd like a refund...feel robbed.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2454096
22/10/12 1 3 2 3 I am new to the Midwest and went to Dr. Passer because he seemed to have an approach to health that I appreciated. I have to say that I have been very disappointed with my experience as his patient over the last two years. The office staff is very rude, almost arrogant. The nurse practitioner who would see me in place of Dr. Passer was not very knowledgeable and did not evoke much confidence from me. I have been very patient - its been two years - because I was hoping it would improve. When I went for my annual physical, the PA suggested that I see a cardiologist but didn't have a recommendation - just told me to look one up. The same when she told me to see a neurologist. Since I had to find my own specialists, I asked about Dr. Passer and discovered tht he doesn't have a good reputation in the medical community. I have now been referred to a highly recommended doctor and will be moving my medical records over.
Respond

04/04/12 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1373049
26/02/11 3 3 1 1 I have been going to Dr. Passer for about 2 years now and he has made my thyroid worse. He bases his diagnoses on symptoms not actual levels. At first I thought that was great to have a doctor think outside the box, but now other medical professionals have raised concern on my levels and the amount of thyroid he was prescribing. He was telling me my levels were okay but they were really off! The main thing that I would like to share with everyone considering this doctor is that basing prescription levels on symptoms and not blood tests has really affected my day to day life and I'm afraid it could also affect my long term medical future, and just just my thyroid but heart, and everything else. Please beware. If I could afford it, I would sue him for what he has done to me, just to maybe stop him from doing this to someone else.
RID: 1370390
23/02/11 4 3 2 1 I went in for a physical and he wanted change my blood pressure medication, but told me to take my regular dose, and added another prescribe diuretic and told me to take both 1/2 of the new. I felt so tired, and could not stay awake, and by the third day all I could do was sit on the couch, and my heart was racing, and I felt like I was going to die, when I called his office he told me to stop taking the combo medications and to eat some soup with sodium in it. The next day I was still sick, so went into his office (which he charged me for a visit) and found my blood pressure was 50/15 I was ready to go into shock. My husband was so angry and all he could do was say he made a mistake and he was sorry. another time I went into see him and he said you really need to lose weight! He asked if I was still smoking, and I said yes, he said good don't quite because I don't want the government to start taxing other goods. I won't go back..I almost died!
RID: 1160983
01/05/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Passer is the most compassionate, caring, smart physician I've ever seen. He wants me feeling well and has never pushed any product on me. I trust him far more than other doctors I've seen who have been all too willing to throw prescription medications at my symptoms (which made me worse). I am able to work in partnership with him to improve my health, he listens well, and has an easy going bedside manner. He is a rare gem.
RID: 1138207
28/03/10 1 1 1 1 Was given medical advice from office staff, not trained medical professionals or the physician himself, as acknowledged in my records as well. I was treated extremely poorly by office staff. I was given treatment that was unsafe and severely worsened my condition. Was asked to figure out my own medical tests instead of the physician identifying the necessary next steps. Was rejected as a patient on the day I asked for a copy of my medical records. Upon seeing another physician I found out that this doctor's office and staff has a poor reputation in the medical community. Dr claimed to know then ignored concerns. Office clearly has an agenda to sell their products, as I invested hundreds of dollars in products that ended up worsening my condition. I would NOT recommend this physician and would suggest that if you have severe health issues in which you cannot get a diagnosis, because they will give you a diagnosis to get you to buy their products. This can cause dangerous health issues.
RID: 1052854
08/12/09 5 5 5 5 Very attentive caring doctor. Listens to concerns and is understanding. Best dr. I've ever had.
RID: 1008310
13/10/09 5 5 5 5 I've gone to Dr. Passer for about 5 years--after being misdiagnosed by other doctors--and it almost cost me my life. He actually thinks about your complaints and most importantlythinks outside the box. He is the best doctor I have ever been to.
RID: 893423
21/05/09 3 5 4 4 Dr Passer is a very good doctor when your problems are something he can resolve himself. I ran into problems when he had to refer me to other specialists. Neither the Neurologist nor Cardiologist I was sent to was very helpful. After repeated visits with no results I switched Neurologist and Cardiologist on my own from referrals from friends. Both new doctors found the issues I was having after running the first tests. Be careful if you get referred...
Paid (or co-pay): $86
RID: 605606
03/06/08 5 5 5 5 Doctor Passer saved my life. When all of my doctors determined I had dementia , including two nuerologist, and he made the proper diagnoses of Addisons. I waisted for year's until I seen the man. Doctor Passer gave me my life back . I now have a important position working for an insurance company. Thank you is not good enough.. He's a man who thinks outside the box and not afraid to question other doctors.  Respond
RID: 493582
24/01/08 4 4 3 3 Didn't take a lot of time to review all the history I took with me. Not as helpful as I thought he would be.
RID: 489197
20/01/08 2 5 4 4 Dr Passer stayed with me when all other Drs. said my case was too complicated..I don't care for the changes in office staff.  Respond
RID: 464964
15/12/07 5 5 5 5 Excellent health coach. Listens to you... In the 8 years I have seen him, he has never been late. I have also never had to wait more than several hours to get a call back from him if I needed to talk with him! "Walks the Talk" of being a compassionate care-giver.
RID: 447700
21/11/07 3 3 1 1 I told him, I had pain in my chest. He gave me muscle relaxers. Within a week I had a heart Attack.
RID: 343542
12/06/07 2 3 2 I was being treated for hypertension by Jeffery Passer, MD. After repeated visits to his office and after no changes were made in my medicine, I had a stroke.
RID: 44055
07/09/06 5 5 5 Dr. Passer is the best!! I can't say enough great things about this man. If you have tried other doctors and left feeling unhelped you really need to visit Dr. Passer. He will find out what the issue is! I wouldn't see anyone but him! Trust me I have had some health issues and he is the only one that has been able to bring relief to me and get my life back to "normal". Thank you Dr. Passer!!  See Responses
RID: 33196
24/06/06 5 5 5 i am very impressed with dr passer. he is very compassionate.
* - Rating left by a registered user