Rate Dr. James R. Hoppe

Dr. James R. Hoppe's Ratings

Terrible staff who turn away sick patient because patient was late. Being new to NJ, patient got lost and reached 15 mins late for appointment. Several patients below have commented upon 30 min wait times but is there a refund or apology for the patient? Of course not. But if patient is little late, then in spite of sickness the staff turns them away. Taking business elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2758269].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Excellent doctor. Runs a bit late sometimes, but I don't think I ever waited longer than half hour - that's good for dr. office. I'be been going to him for close to 5 years and will continue to do so until we move.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2568372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2486267].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Very pleased with the doctor. This was my first visit to his South Plainfield office after searching for a Primary Care Physician for a while. Very accommodating office hours and does most tests/bloodwork sampling in house. Very convenient for a busy person with a full schedule. Liked the detail he put into establishing my baseline health condition during my visit. I will be keeping him as my PCP.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137102].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2012

I have been a patient of his for at least 7 years,when they had a nurse named Peggy working there things ran smooth,now the office staff is rude,you are on hold forever and they can never fit you in within a reasonable time. I had reccomended him in the past but would never do that again. I am finding a new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137101].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

I am unhappy with my recent visit. Dr adviced me for couple of tests and the resutls came. One of the test result was way high for my age ( three times more than the normal range). So, I was told by the staff that Dr wanted to see me. I had my second visit. Dr Hoppe explained the test result and asked me to take a second test after 15 days ( a nurse appointment). Also, Dr did say that he dose not expect this second test result will not be very different for the first one. So, Once the results have come, he would tell me a solution/diet.. etc. My Second test result came, it was witin the range. The staff read the results over phone. I asked her why there is a sudden difference and all she said was, "I dont know... you need to come for a third visit to chk the reason with the doctor". Is this the way the Dr's office operates. I expect the staff to explain the difference. If not, she should atleast chk with the docotr and give me a call back. These people are money minded. VERY BAD.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137100].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2012

Dr. Happe has been a family doctor for me and my husband for 2 years now. We are very satisfied with his diagnostics and approach to tackling medical issues. The only draw back is the wait time that seem to be on average 30 minutes and can be longer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137099].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2012

Fantastic doctor, always a pleasure speaking with him and his staff. Very empathetic towards the patient as well as knowledgeable. Would highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137098].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2011

Dr. Hoppe is a great doctor because he is nice and knowledgeable but has limited office hours and plain out rude staff. It seems he has taken on too many patients and is too busy. The time spent in the waiting room can be outrageous. He may be a good doctor to see if another doctor cannot find out what a health problem could be, but may not be the best choice for ordinary health issues because of his availability.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137097].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2011

Love Dr. Hoppe and Dr. Tran-Hoppe. They spend time talking to you, not much of a wait (you have to expect some with emergencies), and the staff is great. Called me back several times when I didn't call them back right away. I always recommend Drs. Hoppe.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2137096].votes_count ]]