Rate Dr. James R. Hoppe

Dr. James R. Hoppe's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 7, 2014 | flag

Very pleased with the doctor. This was my first visit to his South Plainfield office after searching for a Primary Care Physician for a while. Very accommodating office hours and does most tests/bloodwork sampling in house. Very convenient for a busy person with a full schedule. Liked the detail he put into establishing my baseline health condition during my visit. I will be keeping him as my PCP.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2012 | flag

I have been a patient of his for at least 7 years,when they had a nurse named Peggy working there things ran smooth,now the office staff is rude,you are on hold forever and they can never fit you in within a reasonable time. I had reccomended him in the past but would never do that again. I am finding a new doctor.

Submitted April 23, 2012 | flag

I am unhappy with my recent visit. Dr adviced me for couple of tests and the resutls came. One of the test result was way high for my age ( three times more than the normal range). So, I was told by the staff that Dr wanted to see me. I had my second visit. Dr Hoppe explained the test result and asked me to take a second test after 15 days ( a nurse appointment). Also, Dr did say that he dose not expect this second test result will not be very different for the first one. So, Once the results have come, he would tell me a solution/diet.. etc. My Second test result came, it was witin the range. The staff read the results over phone. I asked her why there is a sudden difference and all she said was, "I dont know... you need to come for a third visit to chk the reason with the doctor". Is this the way the Dr's office operates. I expect the staff to explain the difference. If not, she should atleast chk with the docotr and give me a call back. These people are money minded. VERY BAD.

Submitted April 2, 2012 | flag

Dr. Happe has been a family doctor for me and my husband for 2 years now. We are very satisfied with his diagnostics and approach to tackling medical issues. The only draw back is the wait time that seem to be on average 30 minutes and can be longer.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2012 | flag

Fantastic doctor, always a pleasure speaking with him and his staff. Very empathetic towards the patient as well as knowledgeable. Would highly recommend.

Submitted July 2, 2011 | flag

Dr. Hoppe is a great doctor because he is nice and knowledgeable but has limited office hours and plain out rude staff. It seems he has taken on too many patients and is too busy. The time spent in the waiting room can be outrageous. He may be a good doctor to see if another doctor cannot find out what a health problem could be, but may not be the best choice for ordinary health issues because of his availability.

Submitted June 18, 2011 | flag

Love Dr. Hoppe and Dr. Tran-Hoppe. They spend time talking to you, not much of a wait (you have to expect some with emergencies), and the staff is great. Called me back several times when I didn't call them back right away. I always recommend Drs. Hoppe.

Submitted Jan. 21, 2011 | flag

Both my husband and myself have been going to Dr. Hoppe for over 1 1/2 and we both are really happy with him. It is true that sometime you have to be a bit persistent to get the test results, and on occasion, I had to wait over 40 minutes, but it's worthy. He is very patient and methodical and is very easy to talk to on even sensitive issues. We feel very lucky to find such a great family doctor - we absolutely recommend him!

Submitted Dec. 30, 2010 | flag

he is the best--very attentive & caring. dr. hoppe speaks in understandable terms and is extremely intelligent. i wouldn't see anyone else.

Submitted Nov. 26, 2010 | flag