Dr. Valerie Corkum

Rate Dr. Valerie Corkum

Dr. Valerie Corkum's Ratings

Excellence inside and out! Wonderful support for our family!

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

Comprehensive assessment completed in a timely fashion. Excellent support through school meeting. We requested the report prior to the school meeting and it was provided - no questions asked. All in all very pleased with the service. We will be back for our daughter's reassessment in 2 years.

Submitted May 23, 2014 | flag

We have been with Dr. Corkum for 15 years. She diagnosed my son with Autism and Global Developmental Delay when he was 3 years old and he just turned 18. I don't know where we would be without her. She has guided us every step of the way - advocating for us through the school system and the hospital system as well as through Community Services as our son is adopted. We will never be able to thank her enough for all the good she has done for us.

Submitted March 15, 2014 | flag

Dr Corkum was very happy to take our money, and said it would take 5 weeks for her to write a report that she knew we needed in two weeks. The time frame the report was needed in was discussed prior to any assessment. We are now 8 weeks since the last assessment appointment and they still tell us it will be quite some time before our report is even looked at. This has cost our family significant amounts of money further as the report was needed for educational funding etc. Dr. Corkum's office does not seem to care at all, and we are now at the point where we will be contacting our credit card company to report services not received and going to another service provider.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2013 | flag

Dr. Corkum is amazing. We have been seeing her for our son for awhile now. I googled her when we were first referred and I was concerned because of some of the reviews on here but I trusted my family doctor and we went anyway. Am I ever glad we did. We felt so comfortable with her and she gave us good tips about how to handle our son's issues - and our son LOVES her. I just don't understand what the negative reviews are about. I would highly recommend her. Go see Dr. Corkum - you'll be glad you did!

Submitted March 25, 2012 | flag

Incredibly overpriced and wasted our time collecting information which could have been aquired beforehand. A complete waste of time.

Submitted Oct. 29, 2011 | flag

Routinely cancels appointments. Substantial wait for written reports.

Submitted Oct. 13, 2011 | flag

Not very helpful or professional. Our child didn't really connect with her. She didn't really seem that invested or interested in our situation. Also, many appointments were cancelled on very short notice.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2011 | flag

Knowledgeable and appears to be caring but with an air of superficiality to it. Our child did not warm up to her. Unfortunately cancels appointments at very short notice.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2010 | flag

We struggled for 8 yrs to get help for our son, unsuccessfully until Dr Corkum. And my son loves her. She has even called me at home after hours to allieviate my fears. She has made such a difference in my family. She is not always punctual, but to me, that is a sign of someone who cares - she does not rush you out of her office just because your time is up.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2008 | flag