Rate Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

Dr. Yoni Freedhoff's Ratings

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2506482].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Why is he rated amongst internists? He's a weight loss doctor. After losing practically no weight he told me I was depressed. I sure was after paying him $1500 for nothing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1753865].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Dr. Freedhoff is extremely knowlegeable, very encouraging & supportive, finds fun & humourous ways to get his messages across. His clinic is very well run, and there is a very positive atmosphere as soon as you walk in the door.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1753864].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2009

I’d like to be up front and say that after finishing the program I have since become an employee of BMI. Yoni is punctual (he often takes you in earlier if he can) which allows enough time to talk with him and not feel rushed. I feel that he listens well and provides realistic guidance and medical advice. He bases his reasoning on scientific evidence. The truth is, if you are willing to put in the effort, the program works. And it prepares you for the long haul. The biggest thing about Yoni is that you can feel that he cares about you and you know that the program is truly a labour of love. This is not a guy out just to make a buck, he is out to make a difference. And he does. Prior to meeting Dr. Freedhoff, I felt lost, misguided and like a failure. With his help I have not only lost the weight I needed to lose, I also gained more self confidence than I ever thought I deserved, along with a healthy outlook on food, weight, and life in general. Stephanie Nakamura

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1753863].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr. Freedhoff's for over four years. In that time he has helped me to eliminate all my medications for Diabetes, high blood preasure, and cholesterol. With his extensive help I have been able to maitain my 50lb weight loss, for the last 3.5 years. I have had apprx 25 appointments with the Dr. during this time. He has never been late for one of them, and often if I am there early he will see me early. To me this shows how much he cares about his patients, and respects and values their time, as much as his own You are always greeted with a smile, and given the impression that he is honestly happy to see you. Dr, Freedhoff practises HEALTH CARE, as opposed to the disease care that we ussually receive in Canada. I had type 2 diabetes for 10 years prior to meeting Dr. freedhoff after only 5 months my diabetes was cured. Take pills for 10 years and watch condition worsen (disease care) Or address obesity issue and eliminate the diabetes (health care)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1753862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2008

I am shocked by some of the negative comments. In the three years I have been a patient, during which I have lost and kept off 30 pounds, I have never been kept waiting by any member of the team. Dr. Freedhoff answers emails promptly, has an open door between appointments, and is unfailingly cheerful, helpful and sympathetic. His expertise in obesity medicine is equalled only by his enthusiasm and respect for his patients. Not everybody is ready to make the lifestyle changes necessary for permanent weight loss, and I have to assume that the negative comments expressed are from people frustrated by their own inability to make these changes. My experience with BMI and Dr. Freedhoff has been positive and life-changing.After many years of suffering through diet plans, I have finally found the help I needed to permanently change my life-style, eating habits and fitness.Dr. Freedhoff is a skilled and caring doctor leading an excellent program. CynthiaFieldRose

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1753861].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2008

I am shocked to read anything negative here, I definetly felt this was the best thing I ever did! And I am not affraid to leave my name. Dr. Freedhoff and his staff work WITH you, it is hard work, but I learned things about diet and exercise I never knew, plus they help you develop a custom program that suits your life! I lost about 50 lbs and kept it off, I am in the best shape I have ever been in, and thanks to the program, I am running my first marathon! something i never even dreamed I would want to do! When people ask me if I think the program is right for them, I tell them that it is a great program, but it requires allot of work! Not the type of program for those seeking a quick fix. You get very knowledgeable advice from a caring health profesional based on real evidence and reputable sources. The Dietician customizes your diet, and the trainer helps you discover sensible result oriented exercises. BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO DO THE WORK! signed Warren Silver

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1753860].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

I can't believe someone said that they didn't spend enough time with the patient. For 22 weeks I had appointments virtually weekly (not even including all the exercise classes) and they kept on telling me that if I needed to book more appointments I could at no charge. Also you might as well ignore any rating that doesn't have a 5 for punctuality. While the program might not be for everyone, Dr. Freedhoff and his staff are NEVER late. Anyone who rates less than a 5 there clearly is just trying to smear this find doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1753859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2008

The people with the negative comments here - I find them hard to believe. Dr. Freedhoff and his staff are exceedingly knowledgable, helpful and kind. They bend over backwards to help at every step of the way and in fact, offer unlimited access to all of their services. To blame Dr. Freedhoff or any of his staff for not being able to follow through with his "program" is ridiculous too given that there are only two things his program insists on - that you eat every 2-3 hours and that you write everything down. Other than that, the "program" hinges on education and support of which there is ample should you choose to find it. I wish there were more doctors like Dr. Freedhoff around.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1753858].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2008

Nice man, very personable, but after going through the program and only losing 10 pounds, he told me I was too depressed to lose weight!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1753857].votes_count ]]