Rate Dr. John E. Massey

Dr. John E. Massey's Ratings

Dr. Massey is a great doctor and truly wants to help people with chronic pain and get off the drugs. Thanks to him I can actually enjoy my life and live it to the fullest even with pain! He and his entire staff believe in this program and everyone there wants to see you get better!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2454346].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

I have seen Dr. Massey several times and after numerous other spinal specialists, SOAR, and GP's, I could not be happier. He can actually read x-rays and MRI's, something most "pain management" doctors cannot do! I was very relieved to finally find a doctor who clearly understands the severity of my degenerative disc disease, sciatica, herniated disc and scoliosis. He did not insist I utilize their entire program, as I have a preferred insurance-covered PT, so he writes the scrip for my PT and meds without treating me like a junky. He is efficient, kind, funny and smart. I am so grateful to have finally found him after a very discouraging 3-yr search, numerous back shots, and poor treatment by others. Thank you Dr. Massey! Rebecca

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1754476].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

When I first went to Dr Massey, he and I clashed pretty badly. We had trouble getting along and several times he threatened to throw me out of the program. It wasn't I did not respect him or his abilities, I was in tremendous pain and had to get morphine injections which he would get upset. I tried to explain that my flareups would happen when the office was closed. We finally resolved our differences. I went through their program, 8 weeks, 6 hours a day, five days a week. We clash still, but its always resolved. Without his program, I would be dead.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1754475].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2011

I SAW DR. JOHN MASSEY AND TYSON LENDEZA I WOULD HAVE TO RATE THEM LOWER THAN 0 OUT OF TEN. THE DOCTOR'S NEVER COULD TELL ME WHY I HAVE PAIN DOWN MY LEFT LEG AND AFTER 9 MONTHS OF HAVING THIS PAIN DR. MASSEY AND LENDEZA WOULDN'T DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. I NEVER HAD THIS PAIN TILL I SAW BOTH OF THESE DOCTOR'S AND THEY NEVER SEEMED TO CARE ABOUT MY SYMPTOMS AT ALL. I THINK I GOT THIS PAIN RIGHT AFTER I RECEIVED AN L5-S1 SHOT IN MY LOWER BACK. MY SKIN WAS RAISED AND LEFT A PERMAINENT SCARE ON MY LEG AND THE DOCTOR'S NEVER LOOKED AT IT AT ALL. PLUS I DON'T UNDERSTAND ALL OF MY CONDITIONS BECAUSE I WAS TOLD ONE THING AND FOUND OUT LATER I HAD DIFFERENT DIAGNOSES LATER. IF YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH HIM THROUGH WORKMAN'S COMP I WOULD RECCONMEND SOMEONE WHO ISN'T THERE FOR THE MONEY. THERE PHYSICAL THERAPY IS A JOKE. IF YOU WANT RESULTS DON'T COME HERE AT ALL.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1754474].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

All I can say is he is absolutely WONDERFUL! I have had chronic pain for just a couple years and have dealt with dr's looking at you as a drug seeker. My issues were legit and he set them straight. He is a kind and compassionate dr. He actually sits and listens to your concerns at length and will really help to make a plan on how to deal and get you better. He is awesome and I'd recommend everyone to him. Pleasant in character and amazing bedside manner!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1754473].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

Dr. John Massey has a very pleasant bedside manner. He always smiles, and genuinely cares for all of his patients. He's very punctual and I never have to wait for him. He listens to my complaints and offers alternative solutions. He stays current with the new medications and therapies and always has new alternatives for me to try to manage my chronic pain dystrophy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1754472].votes_count ]]