Rate Dr. Elizabeth Hale

Dr. Elizabeth Hale's Ratings

When I found out that I had a basal cell carcinoma on the tip of my nose (yes, the worst possible location you can imagine), I started researching qualified Mohs-procedure surgeons. Every road led to Dr. Hale, and I now know why. Yes, Dr. Hale has all the wonderful characteristics mentioned in other reviews - thorough, concerned, professional, kind, and more.

But beyond these factors, Dr. Hale is an incredibly skilled surgeon. In my case, the Mohs procedure required the doctor to carve out a hole in my nose (slightly larger than the diameter of cigarette burn), which then needed to be stitched up in a fashion that would leave minimal scarring. As you can imagine, I was absolutely terrified, and also convinced that there was no way my nose would ever heal from such an invasive procedure.

Dr. Hale (and her equally kind, attentive and professional staff) did an absolutely outstanding job on my Mohs procedure. She explained every step in the procedure as we went along, gave me options where relevant, and operated both thoroughly and quickly. Dr. Hale made very sure that she removed all of the dangerous cells, while also protecting the healthy tissue wherever possible. Ultimately, she had to create several significant incisions to repair the site of the damage, and very skillfully manipulated the skin to close the hole.

At this point (2 months later), I'm still healing, but I have no doubt that I will have no scarring at all. Dr. Hale has generously offered laser treatments, which will continue to reduce the scarring. But in reality, most people don't even notice the scar - I could happily live with it as is.

I am incredibly grateful to Dr. Hale, for tackling a scary surgery in a very highly visible location. I've vowed to bake brownies to thank her, but for now, this review will have to suffice!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2496237].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Dr. Hale is a top-notch dermatologist-- I could not recommend her more enthusiastically. Her stellar clinical credentials, professionalism, sensitivity and intelligence combine to make her make her a truly exceptional physician.

She has a warm and positive demeanor, and really listens to her patients’ needs. In my case, I first sought Dr. Hale out for a cosmetic procedure to help relieve my ‘tired look’. I was relieved to hear her philosophy was to take a conservative approach. I was also delighted to find she had an expert aesthetic eye and gentle touch. (I am prone to bruising, but I had almost no after-effects after she administered Belotero to my undereye.)

When I initially looked into getting fillers, I was very worried about looking artificial. Indeed, I consulted with several ‘rock star’ dermatologists before proceeding with Dr. Hale. The other physicians didn’t listen to nor address my concerns, and wanted to perform far many more procedures than I felt was necessary. There was never a need to fear this with Dr. Hale. She made me comfortable from the moment she walked in the room, and she was very patient, taking the time to step me through my questions and anxieties. Most importantly, I left her office looking healthy, rested—and very natural.

I could not recommend her more highly. In fact, I have several relatives and friends who have since become Dr. Hale-converts. That is endorsement unto itself!! I cannot imagine using another dermatologist, and I trust she will be keeping me looking ‘healthy and rested’ for many years to come.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2493328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

Dr. Elizabeth Hale is the BEST. She is so knowledgeable and I saw an immediate different verse another plastic surgeon I was seeing. She is simply amazing!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][615979].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2014

Dr. Hale is hands down the best doctor I have ever met. not only did she save my face from what could have been serious cancer with irreversible damage, she performed a miracle procedure which most other doctors would not have even attempted. additionally, she is an exceptional dermatologist who is practical, intelligent and has a talent for creating a realistic plan for any situation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][615978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2014

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Hale. She has an amazing bedside manner and is such a professional and does great work. I've seen a number of others doctors for fillers and the results I felt were so so. Dr. Hale first corrected a previous issue to get me back to neutral and then I went back to see what she suggested to regain some volume loss in my face. She suggested fillers and botox which she did with a gentle touch. I love the results and I have no bruising. (I did use the numbing cream). I'll would go back to her and recommend her to others in a heart beat! I'll also use her for my annual body screening.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][615977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2013

Three years ago, I was referred to Dr. Hale by a friend who told me that I would think that she is fabulous. She could not have been more correct, and I have since referred several friends and colleagues who all share this sentiment. Dr. Hale sincerely cares about her patients, and I trust her implicitly. Being vigilant about the skin is so important, and I feel so fortunate to have Dr. Hale in my corner. She is an excellent dermatologist who has helped me with various issues. She also happens to be a lovely person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][615976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2013

Dr. Hale is well-mannered, kind & patient. See her for facial hair removal & her laser does a fantastic job. Takes a while for the hair to grow back. Though disabled I travel 1-2 hrs to see her. Previously used a doctor closer to home and his laser, which I later found out was for tattoo removal, burned my face. Have never had any issues with Dr. Hale's equipment. She is thorough and quick. I have had treatments done at Hale's office without the numbing cream which costs more and it still is tolerable. The numbing cream makes it a breeze. About a million x better than electrolysis. Have also used Dr. Hale for mild medical skin issues and she was great. She never once steered me wrong, and is upfront and honest. I dislike most doctors but I feel Dr. Hale is the rare physician who really cares about her patients. Bravo Doctor- you rock! Must also say the nurses are terrific. Nice office staff. Immaculate office. Pricey but well worth the money. I would never go anywhere else for laser.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][615975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2013

Dr. Hale is an amazing and wonderful Dr. I have been seeing Dr. Hale for over 7 years for everything from skin cancer body checks to fillers. I am thrilled she is my Dr., I feel safe, confident in her care,and well taken care of. And also - my filler looks amazing and natural!!Beyond Happy. Tracey B.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][615974].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2013

I cannot speak highly enough about the care and expertise I received from Dr Elizabeth Hale. I had an area of skin cancer on my far head, which needed removal. Was very worried about scarring, it was in a very difficult place to suture. She did an amazing job, it is healing incredibly well, and can tell that in a month or two I will not see any scarring. The office is incredible well run, very little wait time, every one is really friendly and helpful. What could have been a truly stressful procedure was not.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][615973].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

I've tried the top names like David Orentreich and Patricia Wexler. Both fell below my expectations. A friend recommended the Laser Center. I checked out the website and read through the doctors' profile, noting education and experience. I chose Dr. Elizabeth Hale, and can't be happier. She has a great "bedside manner" which is so lacking in many doctors these days. She is warm; she listens, and she really conveys the sense that she understands your needs and concerns. I've done laser procedures with her as well as fillers. She has a light touch which results in minimum bruising if any. It's really nice to have utmost confidence in my doctor's expertise as well as ethical standards. I've always preferred women doctors, but in this mostly feminine oriented field, it's great to have someone who has experienced some of the procedures herself. I think Dr. Hale and I will grow old together, and we'll look great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][615972].votes_count ]]