You may also like

Rate Dr. Johan Viljoen

Dr. Johan Viljoen's Ratings

This dr is very rude and clearly doesn't enjoy his job. Thank goodness I switched OB's. His nurse isjust as useless as he is. She "took" my blood pressure with the cuff open. I just laughed when she said my BP was fine. As a nurse myself I know her skills aren't up to par . I would not recommend this dr to my worse enemy. Beware!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2846479].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Dr. Viljoen is friendly, and welcoming. I saw him three times for gynecological issues and he was very kind and answered all my questions. I wish I could have had him for my pregnancy but his practice was full when my GP sent in the referral. Too bad.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2821991].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

this dr sucks .. His staff is rude and careless He has obviously been doing this job too long .. He makes it quite obvious that he would rather be somewhere else !! He has zero follow through his asst Chris is a liar and uneducated i think they ought to run a hotdog stand instead .. Dont go there they dont care about you or your babies or you body !! Warning warning warning

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2821779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Always on time and extremely knowledgeable! Over 10 years!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2789909].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Dr. Viljoen is an excellent doctor. I have been going to him for a few years for gynecological issues and have had surgery. I found him to be very attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. My surgery and recovery couldn't have gone any better. I was amazed at how well it went. I would highly recommend him as an ob/gyn. Heidi, his receptionist, has always been friendly and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2761938].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

I'm on my 5th child so I know the ropes and I'm also very easy going, with little expectations. He is definitely a Jekyll and Hyde type of person. Almost my entire 1st pregnancy with him he was awesome, and I'd leave feeling wonderful. There were other times that I could tell as soon as he came in that he didn't want to be there and was in a bad mood. It definitely made me wonder if he was mad at me for something, but I knew it couldnt be bcuz I never questioned him and always did everything he said. Our appointments were very short and to the point, so I couldn't have. I like that he's very blunt, but I can see people saying he takes it too far, bcuz you can tell that he does not respect a woman's wishes on things that she has a right to choose about, he'll instead TELL YOU what you should do and basically says you'd be foolish to decide anything besides HIS opinion. He thinks he knows your body better than you do, and that he's God's gift to medicine. He is on some board of Dr.'s who MAKE the rules for all Ontario Dr.'s, which has really gone to his head. The last few appointments I had with him, I felt like his student was actually my OB cuz he did everything and Viljoen wasn't even in the room most of the time. One secretary is always nice, and one never is. Waiting times are not that bad compared to other OBs. Basically, it all depends on the day you go to him, whether he's wonderful, or whether he's moody. I have a feeling that he just stops "trying" after you've seen him for awhile, so his true colours end up showing eventually. But who knows, maybe he is just over worked and has lots of moody days. It really just depends on the day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2761226].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

I've been going to Dr. Viljoen for several years - I am long past baby days however I find him to be great, punctual, knowledgable and have never found him not to be willing to answer a question. He is busy but so am I so I like the fact that I'm in and out quickly. I am not certain who Chris is as I have only ever dealt with Heidi but she is amazing and very welcoming!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2625559].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

I had him as the doctor for my first child and thought he was very caring, attentive and comforting. I am now pregnant with my second and will be looking to return to him as my doctor. The staff was also always very friendly and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2602364].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2014

Dr. Viljoen is an amazing doctor. I went to see him not because I was having a baby. I am in my 40's and going through start of menopause. He was so caring and so personal. I would recomend him to expecting moms or ladies dealing with menopause.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551906].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

I find him to be very rushed. I think he forgets that for some of us it is out first time expereicing pregnancy and child birth. He makes you feel stupid when you ask questions and his answers are better found by googling them yourself. I cannot stand his RN Chris, she is rude, having a child is suppose to be a happy time, every time I leave his office I feel as if I have unconvinced him and his staff for coming there. Thankfully I should only have a couple more visits with him, and if more pregnancies are in my future I will definitly ask to be referred to a different OB .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2550066].votes_count ]]