Rate Dr. Barend Zack

Dr. Barend Zack's Ratings

Staff was rude and impatient. Took 15 minutes just to check in with receptionist as there were other patients ahead of me. When I finally reached her, she didn't even acknowledge me or make eye contact for at least 4 minutes as she worked on her computer. Spent 2.5 hours waiting around for a 10 minute appointment. No acknowledgement from staff or indication of how long wait would be. Wait room was overcrowded. When I finally got in to see the doctor, he was busy having a conversation with his staff about foods that kids eat, while I sat and waited another 10-15 mins. To his credit when he finally saw me, he was willing to answer questions. Said I could call the office if there were further concerns. After this horrible experience, I'd rather ask my GP for referral to another opthomologist. It really did feel like it was about maximizing billing without regard for the patient's experience or respect of time.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 16, 2014 | flag

Dr.Zack is a jerk. Very rude and condescending man. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Also, stay away from ANY of those doctor that work in that building. All of them are a joke.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2014 | flag

I totally agree. He is so rude. I spent 3 hours waiting and he only talked to me 10 mins and even didn't tell me the result of all those machine testing. He has no respect on patient's time and just let us waiting and waiting. He is so arrogant that looks like he is the only one eye doctor in the country. I would not waste my time to see him again since he has no help and just collect the money.

Submitted July 11, 2014 | flag

I wish to thank Dr. Zack for giving me back colour, brightness, detail and no longer do I have double vision in my eye after he removed the cataract. And further since the surgery I have had no problem with my sight or complications. He was also very pleasant, answered my questions, explained the procedure all in a patient manner. Also there was no long wait times my appointments were kept within minutes. I would highly recommend Dr. Zack to anyone requiring an ophthalmologist. Again Thank You Dr. Zack.

Submitted May 6, 2014 | flag

He doesn't know anything. Why he become doctor he make so many mistakes making guesses. People say he the best.no he Is not.

Submitted April 9, 2014 | flag

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone! He's rude and pretty much a dick! The wait time is way to long to be seeing a doctor like him! I will be taking my father else where!

Submitted Sept. 24, 2013 | flag

My elderly mother went to this doctor but now I am looking for another doctor to treat her. Dr Zack was very rude and condescending. He was arrogant and did not properly diagnosed my mother's medical concern, correctly. He seems only interested in making money from his patients. He rushed my mother to get cataract surgery when she should have retinal. Her eyes have not improved even with his recommendation to get one of the better cataract plan. She had to get the retinal afterward which was further complicated, the case when you put the horse before the carriage. Then he recommended her to do her other eye and when I said that I would wait for a full analysis before we can consider, he was immediately rude and aggressive. So unless you want cataract surgery, he's not interested. I can write pages of our poor experiences but I think it's enough to point out that this doctor is only interested in putting his monetary interest above the well being of his patients.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2013 | flag

Dr. Zack was really good with my husband but when I attended his follow up appointment the next day he was really abrupt and quite rude. I began to ask a questio ad was very rudly told to not inturupt him. then a few weeks after his surgery my husband developed an issue in the eye He returned his page and was again very rude. I will not be reccomending this doctor to anyone else at all

Submitted May 12, 2013 | flag

DR, ZACK IS FANTASTIC. HE HAS PERFORMED 2 CATARACT SURGERIES, BOTH OF MY EYES. HE IS VERY CARING AND ENCOURAGING. NY LAST CATARACT SURGERY LASTED 7 MINUTES. IT WAS DELIGHTFUL,IT WAS IF I WAS WATCHING HEAVENLY BALLET OF THE BEAUTIFUL NORTHERN LIGHTS FOR 7 MINUTES. DR.ZACK PUT A CLEAR COLOUR PLASTIC COVER OVER THE EYE AT THE END TO PROTECT THE EYE. I TOLD THE DR.: " I WANT A BLACK ONE, i WANT TO LOOK LIKE A PEROT". HE SAID:" THEN I NEED TO GIVE YOU A PARROT AND A SWORD ALSO ".THE DOCTOR IS VERY PLEASANT.THIS WAS THE FINEST MEDICAL PROCEDURE DONE FOR ME. I HAVE HAD HEART ATTACK, i HAVE 5 STENTS IN MY HEART,I WENT THROUGH CHEMO THERAPY WITH STAGE 3 LYMPHOMA CANCER,AND AT THE SAME I HAD ORAL MAXILLO FACIAL SURGERY DUE TO A FALL AND I WAS IN CAR ACCIDENT AND I HAD THERAPY FOR THAT. SO I HAVE ONLY HAPPY PICTURE OF DR, ZACK'S OPERATION. i HAVE RECOMMENDED DR ZACK TO MANY FRIENDS AND THEY ARE ALL VERY HAPPY AND I WILL CONTINUE DOING SO. I CANNOT THANK DR.ZACK ENOUGH.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2013 | flag