Rate Dr. Barend Zack

Dr. Barend Zack's Ratings

There is absolutely no reason for an office to be this unhealthly unless it comes from the top. And, after meeting Dr. Zack I fully understand. The man seems to think he puts his pants on different than the rest of us. Everything you read on this site about him is completely true. The sad part is this doctor doesn't even have any insight into how rude he is. I assume the staff are so miserable to deal with because of the tension that is evident when you walk in.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2608400].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

2 hours wait in a over crowded room, sitting in plastic chair. You would think he can afford better chairs. Still waiting to have my right eye done....it's been over 6 months since he did my left eye.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583983].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

The comments regarding rudeness etc with assistant, technicians and office staff are correct. I have yet to have an appointment with Dr. Zack and can only hope Dr. Zack is a lot more professional and empathetic to clients. It is important to remember without the client there is no client base and flexibility is important. Not a one way street.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2561335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Dr. Zack and his scribe/assistant are rude and condescending. Dr. Zack also gave the incorrect diagnosis.
While waiting for my father's appointment, we felt like crowded cattle. So many doctors share the same waiting room, people were standing waiting for their appointments. We were referred to Dr. Zack as my father's optometrist said he had a good bedside manner with elderly patients; maybe Dr. Zack was good years back, I see some good earlier reviews, but Dr. Zack must have changed as he was the rudest doctor I have ever met with. No one has even come close to being as rude, and I can't believe how openly condescending he is.
I took my father to another ophthalmologist and it was the complete opposite - nice office, fun and friendly staff, and a considerate, professional doctor. This ophthalmologist saw no indication of glaucoma at all, my father needs cataract surgery instead.
If you have seen Dr. Zack and want a second opinion, the cost for getting a second opinion is covered by MSP. You just need a referral from the patient's GP.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528063].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

Staff was rude and impatient. Took 15 minutes just to check in with receptionist as there were other patients ahead of me. When I finally reached her, she didn't even acknowledge me or make eye contact for at least 4 minutes as she worked on her computer. Spent 2.5 hours waiting around for a 10 minute appointment. No acknowledgement from staff or indication of how long wait would be. Wait room was overcrowded. When I finally got in to see the doctor, he was busy having a conversation with his staff about foods that kids eat, while I sat and waited another 10-15 mins. To his credit when he finally saw me, he was willing to answer questions. Said I could call the office if there were further concerns. After this horrible experience, I'd rather ask my GP for referral to another opthomologist. It really did feel like it was about maximizing billing without regard for the patient's experience or respect of time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2507452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2500923].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2014

Dr.Zack is a jerk. Very rude and condescending man. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Also, stay away from ANY of those doctor that work in that building. All of them are a joke.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2499925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

I totally agree. He is so rude. I spent 3 hours waiting and he only talked to me 10 mins and even didn't tell me the result of all those machine testing. He has no respect on patient's time and just let us waiting and waiting. He is so arrogant that looks like he is the only one eye doctor in the country. I would not waste my time to see him again since he has no help and just collect the money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2454397].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

I wish to thank Dr. Zack for giving me back colour, brightness, detail and no longer do I have double vision in my eye after he removed the cataract. And further since the surgery I have had no problem with my sight or complications. He was also very pleasant, answered my questions, explained the procedure all in a patient manner. Also there was no long wait times my appointments were kept within minutes. I would highly recommend Dr. Zack to anyone requiring an ophthalmologist. Again Thank You Dr. Zack.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2454396].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

He doesn't know anything. Why he become doctor he make so many mistakes making guesses. People say he the best.no he Is not.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2454395].votes_count ]]