Dr. Alfie Pallen

Dr. Alfie Pallen

Rate Dr. Alfie Pallen

Dr. Alfie Pallen's Ratings

His office has no voice mail service and they never seem to pick up the phone. I called over 30 times before someone answered! His office hours are terrible, only open till 4? Some of us still have to work for a living! Once I got there the receptionist was very friendly. That was about the only good thing. I was already talking anti-depressants that my family Dr had prescribed me and he recommended I increase the dose even though I told him I have having unpleasant side effects. I also told him how when I was down I would have bad body image issues. You know what he told me, "you can't think like that, I'm fat and I don't care". Wow great advice! That'll really cure my anorexia! On top of that he only gave a prescription for 6 weeks. WTF? so I pretty much have to go see him if I want a refill. Oh yea and his office is a mess. Literally, so you if have OCD, don't go see him, his office will be make you lose your mind!

Submitted Oct. 15, 2013 | flag

ABSOLUTE WORST DOCTOR EVER! I met with him a week ago for the FIRST time. My appointment was at 1:45, I was taken in well after 2pm. Within 10 short minutes of talking about why I was there and doing a VERY BRIEF history, he diagnosed me as borderline something. I don't even know what he was saying to me half the time because he would whisper. He told me he would refer me to a doctor in NF (because I said no to drugs, being his first suggestion). A week went by and when I called his office they said he had given them strict instructions not to refer me to anyone until I come back in July for a review. Why would I wait 2 months for a referral?! What was I supposed to do about my anxiety in the mean time?! Why would I ever go back to this man if he just LIED to me about our treatment plan. I am more than outraged that I wasted my time, money and gas to drive to Welland and see this bozo! I told the secretary to burn my file, I would never go back to him even if I was dying.

Submitted May 17, 2013 | flag

first his secretary rocks smiles and friendly. the woman behind the desk is a doctors friend dont u forget that one doctor. the doctor is on time and direct, yes i have problems understanding him since he is heavliy accented. He does listen and explains . yes he will prescribe drugs because it helps us. i do agree that the side effects harm us more then help us . you get mental clarity while you have yellow skin or blood clots. how about tumors or tremors? i dont know about that one i personally find side effects a concern however he will test you and watch your concerns if you bring it up. he is professional to the point and direct. if you want help he will give it to you . i rated him highly because i have seen alot of doctors not do the job this man does.he is friendly and nice. just make sure you clarify any concern and that you understand him . after all its your life. a doctor is only as good as a patient that does what he says and can come to agree with it.

Submitted April 24, 2013 | flag

This doctor is wonderful. He is so kind, caring, and really listens. He explains everything in detail and takes the time to hear your opinion. He lets you feel like you are in charge of your life and he gives you options on your care plan. He is always on time and has a calm demeanor. He has an accent but will repeat himself if you just say i don't understand....no biggie.

Submitted May 25, 2012 | flag

He is very caring man and i am lucky to have him!! i felt extremely comfortable with him and his staff and would refer him to anyone needing help

Submitted April 5, 2012 | flag

Dr. Pallen & his receptionist are very friendly. After what seemed like an endless cycle of being treated for anxiety & depression with other doctors, Dr Pallen worked with me to find something that helped. He doesn't only see you once, as someone stated, I have been regularily monitored by him for the past 3 years. Dr Pallen has always been patient, informative, caring and willing to take the time to answer all of my questions.

Submitted Sept. 20, 2011 | flag

I THINK SOME PEOPLE NEED TO REALIZE A PSYCHIATRIST SPECIALIZES IN MEDICATION ADMINISTRATIONS AND ENCOURAGES COUNCELLING. IF YOU WANT SOMEONE TO TALK TO TRY A PSYCHOLOGIST OR COUNSELLING WITH OUTPATIENT MENTAL HEALTH. NO ONE CAN FIX PROBLEMS FOR SOMEONE ELSE. AS FOR THE ACCENT, HE IS VERY UNDERSTANDING AND WILL REPEAT ANYTHING AGAIN.

Submitted March 31, 2011 | flag

I will be seeing this doctor in March, 2011 from the reviews i am really not looking forward to talking to him. HE sounds like some of the other psychiatrists i have seen years ago, i don't need a pill pusher, i need someone to listen to what I say, and not just read the crap written in my file. Thanks for the reviews guys, I will rate him after the March visit if I don't like him i will leave the office after 5 minutes, I am not into wasting my time and life with these kind of clowns, anymore.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2011 | flag

Kicked my husband out of the hospital, diagnosed him as bi polar, we begged him to help, turns out my husband has picks disease a terminal type of dementia, this guy doesn't care, he just pushes drugs.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2011 | flag

I was referred to Dr Pallen for issues I was having with anxiety and depression which increased after my sons birth..he put my on meds right away that I didnt feel right on...when I went back to change meds he asked me while passing a list what I wanted? Are you not the Dr who should be advising me on what will work best? I found him difficult to understand and wouldnt go back

Submitted Oct. 28, 2010 | flag