Rate Dr. Alan W. Jones

Dr. Alan W. Jones's Ratings

I was very impressed with this doctor. We got none of the run around business. He is an excellent surgeon!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598740].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Forget the negative comments.. .I had acl reconstruction done...the staff excellent and Dr Jones was top of the list when it comes to knowledge and skill. Do some research on your surgery options before you go in.. .if you need a knee redone don't hesitate for a second if you were referred to Dr Jones. 5 out of 5....thank you to Dr Jones and staff for fixing me up and answering any questions that came up!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2454426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

I have no complaints about his manner. Rather rude and abrupt, but I can be the same way. I don't want to particularly take him home with me. I think he did his job. I am kinda pissed that he spent 25 MINUTES yesterday (all in my hearing and vision) attending to some fellow with a knee tendon problem. BUT this guy spent his winters in Arizona and boy was he entitled! The good doctor just waxed rhapsodic. I guess they're in the same country club, although I noticed he hadn't paid any more for his visit than I. I'd fall off my chair if I got one tenth ever of the same kind of attention. But to give Dr J his due, my visit was less complicated, it was worth every minute of the two that I got of his attention.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1760239].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

Horrible! He was not helpful at all and I would even call him lazy. He said I needed to be referred to another specialist but wouldn't write the referral....told me to go back to my family doctor and get her to send the referral. I asked him about numerous treatment options and all he did was shrug his shoulders and grin like an idiot but would not comment on any therapy option. A total waste of time!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1760240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2012

I went to Dr Jones to fix my injury. I did not go to him to have him hold my hand and make me feel good about myself. He did what he said he was going to do. End of story.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1760238].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2012

I had laposcopic surgery on my knee in April. Dr. Jones was fantastic. He explained the surgery when I went to see him, plus on the follow up he explained what he did & what my options are for the future. He was very caring & knowledgable. I would recommend him in a second. As far as comments saying he is rude & had bad bedside manners. I would beg to differ. Sometimes you only get what you dish out.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1760237].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

Dr Jones was wonderful with my 9 year old. We needed 3 surgeries, 4 casts and many appointments and he always took the time to explain things to me, he gave me options, explained to my son everything that was going to happen, joked around with us and is an EXCELLENT surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1760236].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2011

Two total hip replacement surgeries this year and I can thank Dr. Jones for his expertise, his helpful manner and humor. Carolina, in the office, always had time to check on any questions I had and got right back to me. I highly recommend Dr. Jones.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1760235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2010

Doctor Jones is the man. Like anyone, he can have hot and cold days, but I have found him to be great with me. He jokes around, takes the time to explain things to me. Plus, I know he does great work so I don't care as much about his bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1760234].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2010

Just before Christmas my mother was sent home without any physio (she could walk on her own before the fall which she broke her hip). It was the 24th and the seniors home had no PT and are not equipped or have the ortho skills to handle a fresh post op patient. In Alberta in the acute care setting on Ortho/trauma/surgical unit we work towards assisting all patient to be back to their level of mobility before the injury! I was told he said the reason for my mother's d/c was 1. because she is older and 2. because she is in a nursing home. I am not to happy with the comments and the fact that my mother was released without any physiotherapy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1760233].votes_count ]]