Dr. Joshua A. Rokaw

Foreign Lang: Korean

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 16 reviews. Dr. Joshua A. Rokaw has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

08/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.6
RID: 3644685
30/12/13 5 5 5 5 MOST EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN IN SAN FERNANDO VALLEY CA  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Joshua" to "Joshua A."
RID: 2538264
22/01/13 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr Rokaw for 15 years. The man is unbelieveable in his knowledge of medicine. He has referred me to other top notch doctors when needed. He is very personable and always has a joke to cheer you up. I have referred friends to him and they are equally impressed.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1863814
07/04/12 5 5 5 5 I have been seen by SEVERAL specialists, internists, endocrinologists, etc. (international, Houston, Dallas and LA) and by far Dr. Rokaw supersedes them ALL above and beyond. MY DIABETES and ALL issues that were out of control in my body FINALLY ARE CONTROLLED AND WAS ABLE TO CONCEIVE A BABY!!!. I NEVER feel rushed and takes his time to LISTEN to my health concerns, as opposed to other physicians who are just "text book and blah blah" and nothing of results. If you want results and a physician to tell you the truth straight forward with humor about life, this is the doctor for you! May God bless Dr. Rokaw! I am vey hard to draw blood and ALL of his personell are able to find it quickly, no pain and ONE POKE!!!! Front desk is excellent and office is newly renovated, VERY NICE!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1436118
09/05/11 5 5 5 5 I do not like or trust doctors, but I both like and respect the opinions of Dr. Rokaw. He is open to alternative treatments where they are generally effective, and he follows up on test with a phone call. He has never been unavailable for a prescription refill or for a question. Also rare in doctors, he has a sense of humor. This makes him more human, in my opinion. I would and have recommended him to anyone in need of an endocrinologist.  Respond
RID: 1344334
23/01/11 4 4 5 5 very devoted to protecting his patients. sense of humor, though not for everyone, also does not run up bills.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1202019
05/07/10 1 1 1 1 bad ,very bad sick very very very sick office is very dirty
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 666685
16/08/08 5 5 5 5 Excellent, compassionate, detail oriented physician
RID: 619876
20/06/08 1 1 1 1 Doctor Rokaw is one of the least qualified doctors I have ever been too. He shows a lack of concern for his patients problems. At least he did with me. He handles him self in an unprofessional manner. I would not recommend him to anyone
RID: 616390
18/06/08 4 4 5 5 Dr. Rokaw is a great doctor. I have seen him for about 10 years now. He has guided me through numerous illnesses that were too obscure for most doctors to figure out. He does have a sense of humor that helps alleviate the anxiety of doctor visits. He treats his patients with the utmost respect and care. He is extremely knowledgeable and definitely one of the best in LA.
RID: 601359
29/05/08 3 3 4 4 My first visit was today. I did arrive late and was seen late. I was asked several questions and blood was drawn. I did not expect to receive a physical exam as he is a specialist in hormones. Problems are diagnosed with testing. He has a sense of humor that I can relate to but is perhaps a bit risky for the average person. He should be less casual to avoid misunderstandings.  Respond
RID: 600930
28/05/08 5 5 5 5 I would highly recommend Dr. Rokaw. He is knowledgeable, personable and I never feel rushed. He DOES have a sense of humor, which I appreciate. He and his staff always promptly address my concerns and quickly return phone calls.
RID: 570517
19/04/08 2 1 2 2 Doctor Rokaw is more interested in trying to be funny than he seems to be in you as a patient. He is sarcastic and short in his answers to your questions and is more concerned with getting you in and out than in your best interest. Even if you show up 30 minutes early for your appointment, you will wait 30 past before you are seen. But it seems like Pharmacy representatives have no trouble getting into his office immediately. It bothers me that there are usually more pharmacy reps at his office than pateints when ever I have been there. I needed to ask him a question on my way out, but I had to stand and wait for several minutes while he was chatting with a female pharmacy rep about and old movie. Doctor Rokaw may very well be a good doctor, but I would not go back to him, nor would I ever recommend anyone to his office.
RID: 233791
26/03/07 3 2 1 personality=minus. No bedside manner. He is quite uncommunicative(shy?)and comes off as sarcastic and rude. (maybe his attempt to be funny?) He did no physical exam, asked very few questions regarding history and those seemed irrelevant. His answers were short and confusing. His main concern was looking at lab reports and ordering more. His office is old, shabby and unkempt. I waited about 45 minutes to see him although there were only a few patients in the waiting room. I don't know how knowledgeable he is because he doesn't talk and the little I knew about the illness seemed to be at odds with what he was telling me. I would not recommend him.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 185688
12/03/07 5 5 5 DR. ROKAW IS A WONDERFUL PHYSICIAN WHO IS WELL VERSED IN HIS PROFESSION. HE IS THE BEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER SEEN. I CREDIT HIM FOR SAVING MY LIFE. HE IS VERY PROFESSIONAL, CARING, AND THOROUGH. HE TREATS YOU WITHOUT CARING ABOUT WHAT TYPE OF INSURANCE YOU HAVE (HE LEAVES THAT TO HIS OFFICE STAFF). I WOULD AND DO RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 99216
18/01/07 5 5 5 Dr. Rokaw is a great doctor. I've been going to his office for a few years now. Very friendly man.
RID: 72823
20/12/06 4 4 5 I have seen Dr. Rokaw a handful of times and my first impression of him never changed. He is a 'know-it-all' type of doctor which turned me off right away and although I trust in his abilities to diagnose and treat my condition, I never felt at ease with him or his superior intellect. I must add that it was easy to make appointments, wait was minimal and the staff was always nice but the condition of the offices is old and over-run.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user