Rate Dr. David M. Sibell

Dr. David M. Sibell's Ratings

I found Dr. Sibell to be knowledgeable, clear, ready to answer questions, and frank. I'd recommend him.

Submitted April 5, 2014 | flag

Specialists had only provided me limited success in relieving my cervical pain until I was referred to Dr. Sibell and his team several years ago. This comprehensive approach to pain management is so much more effective. After evaluation and testing, he did my first “denervation”. It lasted 24 months – longer than most, I believe, because I faithfully continued with the exercise program at home customized for me by the PT. I recently had my second denervation and couldn’t be happier. Going from pain managing me to managing it – life is good.

Submitted Feb. 5, 2014 | flag

Aweful. Do not got to him. Dismissive. Not helpful. Just wants you to do PT & see psychologist.

Submitted May 24, 2013 | flag

Worst experience EVER!! I have experienced chronic back pain for 20+ years and have tried everything from massage therapy to acupuncture. I have just moved to the area from across the country and found him on the OHSU website. I brought my X-rays to him and told him that I had been told by 2 other doctors that I had a disc problem. He told me that he did not see a disc problem and then told me that I did not know what I was talking about. He proceeded to "examine" me by poking me in different places. When I demonstrated pain in each place he told me to get dressed. When he came back he told me that I had Fibromyalgia after spending less than 15 minutes with me. He told me that I needed physical therapy, to see a psychologist ( I am married to one!!) and told me Togo to the bookstore and get 2 books to read!! I left with nothing for the pain and in tears. He seemed so full of himself, did not listen or help. Don't waste your time with this guy. He won't help and makes you feel worse

Submitted April 5, 2013 | flag

I also had a very bad experience with this doctor. He completely ignored me and came to his own diagnosis that was completely wrong. He sent me to PT but it would take a few weeks to get in so he sent me home with some exercises. This is after I'd completed PT twice unsucessfully for the same problem. After a few days my pain was off the charts. I cancelled my PT appt and never went back. I think it's amazing how the good reviews seem to be written by someone who seems to have a good deal of knowledge about medical terminology and is also appearing to "advertise" for the pain program at OHSU. THESE GOOD REVIEWS HAVE MOST LIKELY BEEN WRITTEN BY STAFF AND MAY HAVE BEEN WRITTEN BY THE PHYSICIANS THEMSELVES!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

Submitted Oct. 10, 2012 | flag

After explaining my debilitating history of back pain, I was told that some aches and pains were normal at my age (28) and that I should go to physical therapy (which I had already tried) and go see a psychologist. He also sent me to have tests performed, of which I never received the results until I finally called eight months later to have the receptionist give me my results. Quite possibly the worst experience I have had with a medical care professional. The staff was courteous but ultimately loses points for keeping him on staff, especially so after all of his poor patient reviews. Very troubling experience for me.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2012 | flag

I had back problems that he would not give up on. He is very personable very knowlagable. He even recomended that I get a second oppion to makesure he was not missing anything.

Submitted Feb. 27, 2012 | flag

Saw this Dr. for severe, chronic shoulder pain that has been bad enough to have me bedridden at times and sent me to the ER on multiple occasions. Was taking Ativan at the time to help with the neck spasms I had. Dr. Sibell spent just a few minutes talking to me and formed a diagnosis within the first minute or two and then I could tell he was no longer listening to me. He told me that the fact that ativan helped me pretty much showed him that this was "all in my head". He told me it could be cured with losing weight, going to PT and working on my posture. He would not give me anything to help with pain. He gave me home exercises to do until my first PT appt. Within two days of doing these exercises I was unable to move and in so much pain I laid on my kitchen floor and cried. On the day of my PT appt they sent me to the Center for women's health for therapy for my cervix, even though it was scheduled for cervical pain. Big difference. I did not go back. Stay away!

Submitted Feb. 6, 2012 | flag

Stay away from this procedure happy A-Hole. He could care less about his patients, does not listen or even let's you speak and only wants to perform surgery to benefit his wallet. This man has the WORST bed side mannor I have ever seen or been exposed to and should be removed from the staff qualified doctors at OHSH. They as a team should be ashamed of this man.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2011 | flag

Dr. Sibell was great at thoroughly assessing my physical difficulties at long last, my pain experience, and accepted my desire to avoid opiates and surgery as much as possible. He is part of the team that treats spine problems and pain. The physical therapy component did immense good from highly skilled PTs. TIP: be a tad early for your appointment. If you just want someone to kneejerk hand you drugs or bill your insurance to practice invasive treatments, I don't know if he is the one for you. If you want a team to help you help yourself to be your best despite physical limitations, the spine center is the place to go to for sure.

Submitted July 15, 2011 | flag