Dr. W. Sobkowski

Rate Dr. W. Sobkowski

Dr. W. Sobkowski's Ratings

I found this Dr. to be quiet, dignified, knowledgeable and caring. He isn't very demonstrative so if you need to have a long conversation this isn't your man. I am under his care at the moment for a potential heart problem and have the utmost confidence in him.

Submitted July 24, 2013 | flag

I was very ill for three months, and as a single Mom, every day ill matters. It is hard on you physically, emotionally, and financially to be sick! I waited for an appointment with this Doctor, had urine and blood work done, had to wait two more weeks to get results, and was told I looked depressed and dismissed with a smirk. I did not like this Doctor at all, and was very sorry I wasted so much precious time in seeing him. My family Doctor then sent me to another internist in St. Catharines. In my opinion, this Doctor was absolutely incredible. He treated me with respect, thoroughness in examination, and testing. He listened to me, and believed in me, and finally helped me. The difference in treatment, by these two Doctors was like night and day! I suggest you read reviews of other internist in the Niagara area. Every day is precious when sick, and you don't have time to waste!!!!!

Submitted March 28, 2013 | flag

I did not like this doctor because I found him to be dismissive with my symptoms. He had a smirk on his face and in my opinion already had made up his mind what was wrong with me.It was as though I was bothering him, I will be asking for another opinion. I have been misdiagnosed twice by doctors so they don't intimidate me anymore.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2012 | flag

Dr. Sobkowski saved my life. He is knowledgable, smart, and doesnt beat around the bush. He gets to the point which is great and most important as I dont see it necessary to small talk about the weather with my doctor. He was kind and very reassuring that he would do everything he could to help me and he did. Very pleased.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2012 | flag

Sharp doctor, punctual and helpful. He answered all my questions and gave me some good advice. I had chest pain and from my initial visit to having a stent in one of my arteries only 3 weeks. Procedure was at Hamilton General.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2011 | flag

Lacks bedside manner. Found him to be rude, arrogant. He did not want to answer questions.

Submitted July 24, 2010 | flag

I was referred to this internist when I had pneumonia. He was quick to admit me to the hospital and to prescribe IV antibiotics. He is quiet and reserved. If you want an internist who is decisive and knowledgable you will like him. He doesn't like to talk too much so if you want small talk find somebody else. He's not into ****.

Submitted May 17, 2010 | flag

I was referred to him due to abnormal thyroid test results. When I sat down to discuss the problems I had been having he refused to acknowledge certain medical conditions/test results. Eventhough these conditions/results were enough for my family dr to be concerned. After asking me a series of questions he told me that my problems were due to being overweight (which was why i had originally visited my own dr- I was gaining weight) and that I wasn't sleeping properly. When I asked what he suggest I do, he told me that he could give me sleeping pills but that it would make me gain more weight so he couldn't prescribe them. When I asked about my weight he told me to eat one muffin a day to lose weight if that's what I had to do. He was extremely rude and degrading and not helpful in the slightest. I would never recommed anyone see him.

Submitted April 23, 2010 | flag

I was refered to him during my pregancy, due to high blood pressure concerns. He had me moniter it at home, because he did not want to prescribe pills. He was very professional. I never had to wait long. He told me I could call if I had any concerns, and to just moniter my pressures. I felt very comfortable with him, and if I have any issues with any future pregnancies about my bp I will be going to see him.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2010 | flag

Found him to be thorough and he did a fair job explaining things. It was obvious that in searching for possible cause of problems, he did his best in ordering tests to ensure he did not miss or overlook anything. Found him helpful and pleasant to talk to.

Submitted Jan. 10, 2008 | flag