Rate Dr. Hector Baillie

Dr. Hector Baillie's Ratings

I have the greatest confidence in Dr. Bailiee. He treats every visit with seriousness, yet humour that helps us feel at ease. He is the most helpful and informative physician that I have ever encountered.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2014 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Baillie by my wonderful GP Dr. Kulla, for a potential heart issue. After the most compassionate and professional assessment, Dr. Baillie covered all potential causes/conditions to the point where at one point he paused and took a couple of minutes to consider other potential tests he could conduct. I felt totally valued as a patient and a person. He actually found something else totally unrelated and made sure I would get the necessary tests to check it out. His staff who administered the stress test totally put me at ease and made the session more "enjoyable" ! Dr. Baillie is the real deal and we are very fortunate that he is here in Nanaimo. thank you!

Submitted April 2, 2014 | flag

My husband had a consult with Dr. Baillie prior to some vascular surgery. Dr. Baillie was professional, empathetic and patient. He excused himself for using the computer to put in and retrieve the necessary information. He spoke slowly and clearly and asked probing questions before examining my husband. He fully explained the issues and results and because of my husband's hearing problem drew pictures to accompany his explanations. Neither one of us felt rushed or that our comments and questions were unimportant or unnecessary. Definitely a doctor who made you feel you were in 'good hands' and that he had his patient's best interests at the fore.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2013 | flag

excellent, fast, competent, easy to undersatnd.I suspect would be considered a conservative doctor

Submitted Oct. 9, 2012 | flag

Referred to Dr. Baillie for a different problem, went to his office recovering from respiratory and intestinal illness that I'd had for two weeks, too sick or stupid to call anyone for help--I'm elderly, live alone, and have no family. Dr. Baillie immediately sent me to the hospital for admission. The only thing that slowed him up was my GP (not any longer!), whom Dr. Baillie phoned in my presence. My GP told him (not having seen me) that it was unnecessary. "Tearing a strip" off my GP doesn't even approach what Dr. Baillie said to him. He saved my life.

Submitted June 26, 2011 | flag

Front desk said no exceptions .Expect 2-3 months wait ,end of conversation. Only took 3 weeks

Submitted Jan. 15, 2011 | flag

The doctor is terrific. The main scheduler, however, is disrespectful, short tempered, dictatorial, abrupt and rude. Appointments are dealt out with a take it or leave it basis. If unable to take an appt, one gets put to bottom of list again. There is no opportunity to have a discussion - take it or leave it! I find it difficult to believe the doctors at that office are unaware of how their patients are treated.

Submitted Oct. 3, 2010 | flag

Dr. Baillie has restored my faith in the Medical System. He took the time (1 hour), to explain my condition in detail and explain the options once the tests were completed. He explained things so I could understand why and what was happening to my heart. I would highly recommend him.

Submitted Aug. 10, 2010 | flag

Very rude front staff and dr baillie was not any better. Never in my life have I been treated so poorly and disresectful.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2010 | flag

Dr Baillie is definitly an old school doctor. It is one of his major flaws. He has a difficult time thinking outside the box. Unless everything you have wrong fits into the box, he has a difficult time treating you. With some conditions it is like he makes his mind up not to treat you before he even sees you.He is not interested then in listening to what you have to say, but he is argumentative on every point all the way along. I have never been so frustrated with a doctor in my whole life. Instead of helping solve my condition, he is insisting that it must be stress. My regular dr would not have referred me to him for a stress issue. Have been to emergency several times with my condition, and it has been diagnosed and treated in the ER Cardioverting me. I am sure they did not shock my heart for the fun of it. Somethime reviews really can't tell you the whole picture, hopefully this will shed some insight to the next person considering his service. Time to find a new doctor...

Submitted Feb. 9, 2010 | flag