Dr. G. Russell Edwards

Grad. Year: 1987

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 24/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. G. Russell Edwards has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. G. Russell Edwards
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

24/10/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "KATY" to "HOUSTON"
RID: 2762963
12/08/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Edwards is the greatest doctor I have. He is kind and patient. He understands my problems and works with me. I am very sorry that he as retired.
RID: 2484007
27/11/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. Edwards is always very patient and helpful. He is knowledgeable. I hardly believe people would give him bad comments/ratings. Overall, he is a great doctor.
RID: 2379167
18/07/12 5 5 5 5 Punctual doctor. My appointment was right after their lunch hour so I was seen within 10 minutes after lunch. Dr. Edwards is patient, thorough, empathetic, and listens to every detail. He does not rush you nor is he in a rush. Office staff very helpful and friendly. I can't say enough about this doctor. He is the true meaning of the cliche "Where have you been all my life".
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1811217
28/03/12 4 3 2 3 Stay away!!!! Dont trust him!!! He has his own agenda!!! And he doesnt listen nor cares about you!!! Dont make the same mistake I made by choosing him as your Dr...
See Responses
RID: 1742899
14/03/12 4 4 5 5 I am older and well passed my child bearing years. I only wish I had found Dr. Edwards before my children were born. He is so easy to talk to able sometimes embarrassing female things. He is very caring and I have referred many people to him...they love him as well.
RID: 1688563

16/01/12 3 4 1 1 Always thought he was a good doctor, but turns out he's a passive aggressive creep. His exams ALWAYS hurt. He said I had HPV and did two surgeries, later saying I did not have it. After complaining I got my records for a new doctor. Dr Edwards had notes in my file that said I was diagnosed with several things that I have never been diagnosed with. He refused to correct it, and unfortunately the new malpractice laws in TX made it not worth suing him for. Lynn Gibbs is a good doctor in Katy too and he said the guy was a quack.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1679159
06/01/12 2 4 5 5 Dr Edwards is great! Helps you make informed decisions and is not afraid to answer your questions. The staff is less than helpful and it seems that the medical assistant seems to change every year or so, but I seem to continue to tolerate them because I trust Dr Edwards to deliver my children.
RID: 1640417
21/11/11 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Edwards since my twins were born almost 20 years ago. Now my daughters see him. I highly recommend him to everyone! So very caring of all his patients!

RID: 1256033
22/09/10 3 4 5 5 Dr. Edwards is the best doctor I have ever met. His kind words and professional skill help me go through my high risk preganancy smoothly.
RID: 1163892
06/05/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Edwards delivered my 1st baby and will soon deliver my 2nd. He is a WONDERFUL person who is caring and kind. A+ person & doctor!!! :)
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1064353
27/12/09 5 5 5 5 He delivered my higher risk pregnancy. I think he is best when there is a problem in making you feel calm and assured that everything will be ok and doing any testing needed. I think he does what he can to assure the mother and calm fears. He was very compassionate. He really knows what he is doing. I was able to have complete confidence in his decisions for my care. Excellent Doctor!  Respond
RID: 991158
19/09/09 4 3 5 5 I saw Dr. Edwards for my first baby and am sad he doesn't take my new insurance, as he dcouldn't then deliver my 2nd baby. My first prengnancy was a crisis pregnancy and that first visit, he talked to me about it with the kindest face and voice I have ever heard. He then asked if I needed a hug! What doctor does that? He took me trough that scary pregnancy every step of the way, and his staff was accomodating to my difficult insurance issues at the time. Dr. Edwards will respect you for your medical decisions and appreciates when you do research on your own. He will then help you weigh pros and cons of your ideas. He is amazing.  Respond
RID: 954568
04/08/09 4 4 5 5 I have had 2 babies with Dr. Edwards. He is a wonderful Dr. He had a great bedside manner. Very thoughtful of his patients needs. Definitely knows his stuff. I totally and completely trust him to make the best medical decisions for me. At the beginning of my last pregnancy he seemed to be going through some turnover with his staff so that may have been the problem for the previous reviewer but that seems to have settled and his nurses are great. I recommend him to everyone. I have been recommending him for the last 10 yrs since I heard a glowing recommendation from a friend. He's the best!
RID: 812363
04/03/09 1 5 5 5 The doctors is amazing, he delivered my daughter. However he has the absolutely worst staff. They are rude, unprofessional, and always loose my records and important documents.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 800825
26/02/09 5 4 5 5 I have now been seeing Dr. E for about 8 years. He has helped me through a cancer scare and he just delivered my first child. I would recommend him to anyone. Just see the other notes people left. I agree with them all 100%!
RID: 750228
27/12/08 5 5 5 5 I love Dr. Edwards. He is very knowledgable, compassionate, and never rushes through appointments. He spends lots of time answering and taking care of any concerns I have. Best Dr. I've ever seen.
RID: 677495
02/09/08 5 4 5 5 When my daughter had issues with suspected ovarian cysts,and experiences months of pain, hassles from the schools for attendance and treatment that never seemed to get at the problem, Dr. Edwards took the time to give her problem lots of thought and suggest that we see a urologist. She was diagnosed with a bladder condition that presents similar to a cyst. She was given treatment by the specialist and cured with a matter of months. Dr. Edwards never gave up on us, helped us through this rough time, treated us with respect and kindness. Next time I have to wait in his lobby for what seems like forever, I will remember that he is probably helping someone that needs the time it takes to get it done, I will have patience knowing his knowledge and experience are worth the wait.
RID: 225522
23/03/07 4 5 5 I was one of Dr. Edwards' first patients when he opened his practice. He delivered my daughter on 3/23/1992 (15 years ago today). I loved him as a doctor then, and still do; he's seen me through everything from childbirth to menopause! He never rushes through an exam, is always willing to take whatever time you need to discuss your issues, and his calm and kind demeanor puts you at ease immediately. I highly recommend Dr. Edwards.
RID: 183933
12/03/07 5 5 5 I was 21 wks. into my 2nd pregnancy when we moved to Katy and was very worried and quite honestly frightened about finding a new OB. After some research I discovered Dr. Edwards and scheduled an appointment. They saw me in the office the very next week and I was not disappointed with the choice I had made. Dr. Edwards and his staff welcomed me as if I had been their patient from the beginning of my pregnancy. This was really important to me because as far as I was into my pregnancy, I wanted a Dr. that I felt I could trust eventhough we had just met. I found that in Dr. Edwards and I wanted to share that with others who feel the way I do about finding a new Dr. I recommend Dr. Edwards and his staff to anyone who is new to the area or just unhappy with their current Dr.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 72604
20/12/06 4 5 5 Dr. Edwards is very compassionate and takes all the time you need to answer any questions. He is very knowledgable and never makes you feel rushed. He genuinely cares about his patients. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
* - Rating left by a registered user